Who's Your Killer Main, and Why?

Options

If you have a "main" or two (or three), who are they, and what is it that you like about them?

Personally, I main Pinhead because I really like the character (actually have a replica of the Lament Configuration on a shelf in my office) and I love his built-in slowdown mechanic.

My backup guy is the Dredge, because he brings a big toolkit with him...undetectable, counter-looping, great mobility. I also really enjoy how unpredictable it's possible to be when playing him.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

I don't think I really have a main anymore, I don't think I play enough to have one lol.

In the past though, I've mained (in order), Wraith, Doctor, Myers, Legion, Blight, Nemesis and Onryo.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,951
    Options

I main Pyramid Head because I really, really don't like hook perks. I ignore them all, as I was made to drink survivor tears and send them to the far corners of the map. I practiced my POTD until my thumbs bleed, but now I can hit survivors through shack walls blindfolded and wallow in their misery. I honed the Pyramid Head wombo combo of hook, tunneling of hook and cage and tunneling out of cage into The Entities maw in 1:04min and am working hard to speed run it in under 1min. I did a TOS run and the theoretical minimum is 49s; its though, but not impossible.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Huntress I always go back to her and I enjoy playing her.

But also onryo,Michael I love playing as and against stealth killers.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

Dredge. Can't beat his map control unless you play Nurse/Blight/Billy. Love his loop mind games. And Nightfall is just the cherry on top.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

That is so cool my friend love to see a fellow gamer putting his energy into something he really loves

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,783
    Options

Billy, mainly started playing him due to all the complaining to see if I agreed with it or not. Ended up loving him and now I main him.

Note: Maining Hillbilly may come with unwanted side effects such as Nausea (when zooming) and delusion (Hillbilly > Oni)

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

I main clown because he’s simple and fun while also having a decent skill ceiling. Plus his laugh after hitting a survivor is amazing

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

My Turkey Dredge because i Love bis Design, Lore, Skins and insane Fun Gameplay :D

I also Love playing Artist, Twins and Pinhead

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

I used to main Billy and Freddy before they gutted by the devs. Now i dont have a main character.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,951
    Options

Chose the next one carefully. I don't want a favorite of mine being gutted and teh devs seem to value your oppinion a lot :V

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

For me it's legion.

I loved them from the second I watched there trailer even tho I was a bit bummed when I found out I can't put on a survivor act to get near them. But I fell totally in love with that run around an stab people playstyle and the whole thing of many people wearing a mask being all the same entity is just nice

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

No problem i dont even playing this game anymore my friend.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

DEMO. Because he is fun to play and requires skill and planning to use effectively. I love landing that perfect shred lunge on someone trying to shack loop. Has stealth elements which i always love. Plus his mori is fun. Love how the surv's screams are muffled while their head is in his mouth 🤣

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

2 Mainguys, 1 Backup guy.

all of them are anti-loop because i dont enjoy running in circles.

Dredge became my goto-guy, because of his mobility, his horror factor (during nightfall and just appearing in the locker next to you), and the fun i have playing him. However, he is very rng-dependent, because you have maps with 2 giant black wholes with no lockers, and the next time you have a god map with lockers next to every gen you need to go.

Second main is hag, again, anti-loop, horror element by just appearing out of nowhere, and i like the strategic approach of laying out your web and then herd them into it. against good survivors or swf, she is pretty weak however, and could use a little twerk or two. Also she has no real mobility other than caming back to a trap, which make big maps very ugly for her.

Backup guy is doctor, because he is fun and easy to play with just running around and people tell him where they are. Also, when a god palett is not broken and suddenly turns into a death trap is always fun for me. But without any mobility, maps that are too big are a real problem with him, but he is absolutly dominating smaller maps, which balances that out a little.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Legion and Hag. :)

Legion because they're comfortable to play, I like going for chain hits, their chase music is cool and I like their lore. Plus, bunny Legion is cute and perfect for friendly games when I just want to mess around and meme with survivors. They're the first killer I played regularly to learn that role.

Hag because she looks extremely cool, she's one of the reasons I even bought the game after watching my friends stream it for a while, I like the idea of a jumpscare killer ! :D She's the first killer I tried playing, before realizing I'd better start with something a bit simpler (hence, Legion!). She's definitely the most challenging killer I play regularly.

My other killer at the moment is Ghostface, who I'm enjoying a lot ! I'm also starting to learn Doctor and Spirit, because they're really fun to play and Doctor's one of my favourite killers to go against.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    edited October 2022
    Options

well i got 3 Sadako, Freddy and wraith

reasons being that 1. my fav licenced characters 2. easy to play and don't require much skill compared to the top killers lol and they are nice for a casual gamer like myself lol

• whispersenthusiast
    whispersenthusiast Member Posts: 106
    Options

Pig. I find her so fun and straightforward, with built in slow down and an underrated "anti-loop" ability.

It used to be Trapper but I found games to be way too inconsistent to enjoy playing him anymore. All it takes is one survivor making it their mission to disarm your traps and you're useless.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 538
    Options

Trapper because he's the first I used & just stuck with him.

I also do pretty well most games too & krampus skin is my second favorite killer skin after minotaur Oni.

I also play Doctor, Clown, Myers, Oni, Bubba & Trickster in a semi rotation.

Use to play orginal Freddy about 25% of my killer games but dropped him almost entirely within a week of his changes.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Myers, I like his playstyle of sneaking around with barely a TR, I play some Jigsaw too but not nearly as much as I play Myers.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I just play a game or two on whoever I have a daily ritual for that night. My favorites are probably Dredge and Sadako though since I like both stealth and teleporting.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

Huntress. Her power is fun to use and hitting hatchets is satisfying, simple as.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,582
    Options

I main Plague. I picked her up because I liked her lore, but I keep at her because I love how dynamic her gameplay is - your gameplay really depends on what the survivors are doing and there's a lot of choices to make at any given time. She also has built-in information at the start of the game and makes it easier to track survivors by sound, which is great for me and my crap eyesight.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Wraith. For some reason I keep doing better with him than any other killer, except maybe plague (but her BP gain sucks).

It's interesting how addon choices on him can lead to very different playstiles, making him feel varied.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Nea. Cuz she kills both the killers and survivors.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

Currently Nemesis because I enjoy whipping people. That's about it; I really enjoy using his power, as simple as that is.

I used to play Oni a ton but recently I've started to get stressed when playing him and I'm not sure why. Nothing's changed but I get in my own head.

Played Artist for a while when she first came out and thought I'd main her but I just kind of stopped. I still like her but not enough to call her a main.

Outside of Nemi I'll usually play Wraith, Legion, Doctor, Myers, or Demo when doing challenges. They're all straight-forward so I don't really have to think much while playing and doing whatever the challenge is.

I'll play all the other killers for daily's or if I'm feeling in a certain mood for one of them.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

none really, since the cheater epidemic after 6.1 i have lost my will to play killer.

So its 90% survivor now.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499
    edited October 2022
    Options

I'm rotting while waiting for Jason

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 324
    Options

Freddy main , nemesis backup.

Freddy is my favorite licenced character while Nemesis is my favorite video game villain. I still have ptsd from the old ps1 days. You'll never know from which direction those heavy sprinting boots are coming from :P.

Both killers greatly use oblivious and it makes surprise chases quite tense . Survivors being able to hear his footsteps is a weapon not a weakness :P

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Used to be a Ghostface main but since his rework I can't help but feel they completely butchered his stealth mechanic. Other killers I liked playing were Wraith and and Nurse.

I've been digging a lot with the M2 killers recently: Artist, Pyramid Head, Slinger, Huntress, etc.

• Jangles
    Jangles Member Posts: 377
    Options

Myers and ghostface, I like to watch. O.O

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Spirit. Fell in love with her the moment I started playing her two years ago.

• foodie
    foodie Member Posts: 436
    Options

I play 1 killer and that is haggers. Haggers is love, haggers is life

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,778
    Options

Michael.

First and foremost I am a huge Halloween fan so instant attraction to playing him. I love how versatile he is with builds and play styles. Its never boring playing him because there's always something fun to do with him with perks and add ons.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    Options

That's cool you have a replica Box😀. Right now using Wesker cause it's fun to slow-pitch throw people like a softball. I like Pinhead too just not in this game.He or she deserves his own game.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,432
    Options

Amanda Panda is my main. Because she is bae, and also boops.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Pig- Saw series (enough said)

Spirit- IDK I just got used to her

Hag- Getting a teleport hit is so satisfying

Huntress- Getting a hatchet hit just from a random throw is great... or missing on purpose and getting the hit is just as good

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Oni

Super fun and rewarding when you get downs, especially against those think they're safe going around corners and obstacles and I can 90°

I just love the bombing run style play of charging through the map with timkerer and bonking the neon cosmetic wearing Yui's 😏 . I honestly don't think another killer could prise me away from him, a knight is probably the closest chance of it 😉

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

Nemesis at the moment. Good information and bites from zombies, and he is pretty good in the chase.

But I'm waiting for better character to play as...

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,910
    Options

Currently, I'm maining Oni and trying to master hitting his charges consistently on console (it's getting better), but my favourite killer which I've mained is Sadako. She's fun to play, has multiple different powers to toy with, and is either stronger than most give her credit for, or my playstyle and her powers are well-merged. Either way, Sadako overtook Pyramid Head for me, and that says a lot.

• Krose
    Krose Member Posts: 7
    Options

Demo I got him just because he was from stranger things, but realized he was really fun and had good game play(also he's demo doggie). I also play plague/huntress

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Trapper. He's my favorite and deserves all the love. Hearing survivors step in my traps always makes me giggle.

Doctor. I like making survivors scream and he gets lots of BP easily.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

Hag. I love playing strategically, preparing the "battlefield" before an actual "fight" and mindgame survivors at loops with her power. She feels different to play as.

While other players telling that she's boring to play as or against, I find her the most entertaining and fun, since you have to play smart and think a lot if you want to succeed, aside from knowing the basics mindgames in loops.

Tho, considering how Knight will look and his power, I might change my main, since I really adore Middle Ages.=)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,375
    Options

My first real main was Doctor. I love how versatile his kit is. You have the ability to play tactical, aggressive and even try hit and run (admittedly that one is situational). His skill ceiling is fairly high and he does ok on most maps.

Now, Billy is literally the reason I still play DBD. I started playing him at the beginning of the year after I was pretty much tired of the game and not enjoying it anymore. I saw some crazy compilations of the things you can do with him on YT and I wanted to learn that. No matter how frustrating he gets, that moment when you hit an insane curve makes it all worth it. I miss Skybilly and even Spacebilly though. It was so hilarious when it actually worked out and allowed me to get a crazy hit.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,175
    Options

I don't really have main but I play some killers more than others. So probably my mains are, Cannibal Oni, Wraith, Michael, Demogorgon and Pyramid head.

• Blizwise
    Blizwise Member Posts: 69
    Options

Nemesis- cause he is just all around run and you don’t too many these days.

clown- gotta love them bottles and cutting off a finger.

legion- cause hunk skin lol

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Doc, because I hate searching for survivors, so between the screaming and the illusion docs, I can find them pretty easily

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Artist: I love her cosmetics and her gameplay. Her power is super fun to use.

Dredge: They're fun to play and sneaking up on survivors during Nightfall can be fun. They also have some really cool cosmetics

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Was blight until nemesis released.