Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why don't you get a speed boost when unjured due to plagues sickness?

Jay_K
Jay_K Member Posts: 429

This has gotta be such a broken mechanic in the game. Any other killer who uses there power to injure you you get a speed boost (and overcome triggers) but plague just doesnt. IMO this makes plague the strongest killer in the game and the most boring because its just Vomit, infect, injure, instant hit, death.

Why is this still a thing when it would be so easy to fix by giving the speed boost on injury due to any killer action.

Comments

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

So you mean when plague puts the broken status on you after constant vomiting? I can get behind this. Because it is technically an injury. And her mechanic is already pretty strong.

• Jay_K

I would not say nurse and blight are stronger than plague. The skill cap is to high for those killers so only those who put work in and really learn the killer get good with them. I've only recently started playing survivor more (killer main) and i enjoy going against nurse and blight because they are easy to counter unless as i said they are stupidly good. A plague however is just to easy to play to the point she is really good.

but yeah just my opinions everyons has their own. Honestly from a killer point of view i would say clown is a very strong killer but ask anyone else he sucks lol

• Jay_K

Exactly. The problem with plague is you can't heal without giving her even more of a buff with the red puke. and not getting a speed boost just means if she is right behind you when you are at full health then your going down instantly. she may aswell be an insta down killer at that point.

Another thing that kinda bothers me is her not losing colision when she is puking.

Myers was changed so when he is stalking he has no colision which means he can't block a survivor in somewhere and get free stalk. If this change was needed why can plague still block a survivor and instat down them??

• Jay_K

I think the main issue is if a plague is right on you then you get infected nearly instantly. one full puke basicly injures you so not to much time is wasted by the plague.

Wish people would stop just saying nurse and blight are the strongest. They may be the strongest in "top mmr" but because of the high skill cap required to play them efficiently they are not overall the strongest killers. For example i could play 10 nurse and 10 nemisis games and i would most likely 1k or 0k all nurse games but 3 - 4k most nemi games purely because of the difficutly difference. How strong a killer is isn't dependent on just overly skilled players its an average from new to veteran players.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

No the change was made to avoid stalking and griefing a player stucking him

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

It is what makes puking until injuring worth it, it is part of her power, without that she would be even more underwhelming at the start, since she already is a just a m1 killer if no one cleanses. Survivors should NOT get a speed boost from this, simply not necessary. Also, the Plague is wasting time if they are puking and the survivor looping and predropping, easy counter and not OP at all.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

If you go from healthy to broken during a chase due to plague vomiting on you constantly, you have already cashed in plenty time it took for that to happen when she probably could have just m1 at some point.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

Thing is it takes several hits of vile purge, or ages in a chase, to get to broken status.

It's kinda like exposing with Ghostface or Myers.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

lol

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896
    edited November 2022

Well because nurse and blight literally ARE the strongest. MMR or Difficutly doesn't depict the fact of their strength. Sure certain killers might be the best for you, but the fact nurse and blight can end chases in seconds reliably and with good map mobility is what makes them the strongest. Which is why killers like dredge are so bad in comparison because no chase power with map wide pressure.

Or think of it like this.... the best billy or bubba player vs the best nurse. Obviously the nurse is gonna win because even though they have an insta down people can throw pallets extending chases while nurse ignores basically everything and has to make the survivor mind game the nurse.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

No. It's not a traditional injure so it doesn't reward the survivors with a traditional speed boost.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I always thought that this was part of her kit and identity: instead of M1-ing a survivor in a chase, giving them a speedboost and then chasing them down like any normal killer, she pukes on you and slowly infects you till you are too weak and feeble to run away and THEN strikes you down in one, fell swoop.

If survivors would just get injured after getting fully infected, the speed boost would just feel wrong. At that point you could also just give them the faintest lick of the plague and then M1 everyone, like every other killer, too. This mechanic sets her appart and this is her niche.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I've played against many Plagues and this is only an issue if you're running straight, which is your fault.

Try spinning and moving unpredictably so she has a hard time infecting you. By the time she fully infects you, you should already be at a safe tile.

Constantly puking loses her distance even after the little buff they gave her.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

Because you can cleanse with the tap of a button.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,567

Because survivors get a speed boost upon a hit, not necessarily upon taking damage.

The inverse is also true for Nemesis, who hits and thus grants the survivor a speed boost, but doesn't always deal damage.

• PPRG
    PPRG Member Posts: 43

you heard it here from the man himself that nurse is not the strongest killer but instead plague is

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

it's only your mistake if you let her do this to you, compared to myers she would have a harder time actually instadowning you this way.

don't be in a deadzone and spin so she has a hard time fully infecting you.

and even if you were in an open spot she needs to have effectiveness addons to be able to fully infect you fast enough.

it's ok for plauge to be different it's not op or anything plus she's not easy as you're trying to make her in my opinion she's a pretty complex killer and is decently hard to get good with her and fully understand her kit.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Because Nemesis giving three health states wasnt inefficient enough, lets introduce Plague granting survivors a free sprint burst for being puked on forever.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,567

Interesting. So the Broken status effect itself is what sends the survivor into the injured state?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I did this 2 years ago so maybe something has changed with broken, but I landed Deathslinger's spear using the perk Forced Penance and the healthy survivor was broken but not injured.

Is it just Plague's broken status that makes survivor injured or is broken suppose to always make the survivor injured?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

In this instance that would be a bug. Being healthy while broken should not be possible.

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746
  • Crowman

That's cool to know.

That gives some interesting utility to Deathslinger's spear, Cenobite's possessed chain, and Artist's crow swarm with forced penance since I believe they all trigger protection hits, but don't damage. I might have to play with that now.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

If broken status makes you unable to heal and you can't heal a healthy survivor

You could say that being healthy makes you 'broken'

dont ban me

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Is the adrenaline + renewal interaction also a bug then?

Currently, adrenaline actually ignores renewal’s broken status and heals you anyway, leaving you broken while healthy. If you get hit again during the 20 seconds renewal takes to heal you, you can actually get a second instant-heal to healthy after adrenaline has already triggered - this is especially important if you get unhooked with adrenaline on hold. This is the only source of broken status that adrenaline ignores like this.

But yeah I can confirm that deathslinger + forced penance can cause broken while healthy since the spear itself triggers a protection hit, even if the deathslinger breaks the chain off early to avoid the stun (and not injure you).

• Crowman

If that's currently live, then it might also be an issue with Artist crows and Cenobite possessed chain.

Are you able to test those killers? We should probably make an actual bug report for that.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Iirc, it is a thing with artist too. I haven’t tested pinhead.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

i use forced penance and play deathslinger frequently and this is still in the game

• fwip
    fwip Member Posts: 2

Does Huntress M2 give speed boost? I thought it didn't.