Survivors...why?

Options

So some context, when I don't do serious games, I like to play Chest Defender Bubba. For those who don't know, this play style is being Bubba and defending the basement chest. While "rules" vary, my personal rule is simple.

If you touch my chest, you get hooked.

Honestly a pretty fun way to waste time. You gain XP and Rift Fragments so while you wont blaze through the Rift, progress is progress.

Now here comes my confusion. I understand Survivors who don't want to "play". I want you to do gens and leave, so the less you guys try and raid the chest the better. But I do get the Survivors who recognize the game and try to play. So they'll enter the open animation, I saw them, they go on a hook, I smack em and shake my head, and than they tend to get rescued.

But why in the name of the Entity would you try AGAIN? I swear, at least once a session I get that Survivor who keeps trying to open the box. Why? Why do you choose death?

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I think they might have made it a game of their own ?

I've had a few games with killers turned friendly where my friend still cheekily went for their hex totem. They fully expected to die for it, and when they did, it was "worth it =D".

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Obviously, they want whatever is in the chest.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

He’s not AFK if he’s actively defending the chest and hooking people. You may not like it and that’s fine, but he’s still playing the game.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Is it really playing the game, though? It's ignoring all objectives and interactive aspects of the game. The killer won't ever chase you and it's either touch the chest and die or do gens for five minutes.

I don't mind it because it's pretty rare, so when I run into it it's more funny than anything else, but I understand why people dislike it.

Like, by that logic a survivor who spends the whole match walking in circles is playing the game because they're not literally AFK. Doesn't mean they're doing anything, though.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Standing in the Basement is not playing the game. Dont be ridiculous.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

So you don't want any interaction in your games?

You wouldn't complain if everyone just did gens every game and left instead of playing your game?

Sorry but your thread makes 0 sense to me.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

I'm not being ridiculous.

Standing in the game and using the chest as bait is playing the game. If the play is actively downing people for touching the chest, they are playing the game. They are still in control of their character and are still paying attention to what is going on in the match. AFK is when the player is away from the game and has zero interaction with it.

You're just projecting what you want the definition of "playing the game" towards killers who enjoy this.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Yes, it is still playing the game. The survivor you describe is also playing the game. It isn't effective and may not be fun for the opponents, sure, but they're still playing.

There are only two main objectives and several side objectives. The main objectives are kill the survivors or escape from the map. As long as no one is breaking any rules that the devs have set, they can use whatever strategy they want to accomplish their goal, no matter how poor of a method it may be.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Last post to you. Not "agree to disagree", because you are just wrong. But once again I forgot that in this Forum, Killers cannot do anything wrong...

It is not playing the game. Even if "AFK" means "away from keyboard", you cannot just say "Oh, they are at their keyboard, they are not afk". They are not playing the game by just standing still.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

Technically that's right, but so am the people who say that it's not a "normal game".

A while ago I played Insidious,Bloodwarden, NWO and NOED Pyramid Head, I would go to the most middle gen right at the start and plonk myself down within 5m of it.

Invariably the survivors would do that gen last, while trying to blind me or getting my attention, but just accepted that I was an AFK killer. And when the gen popped two often went down immediately and I even got a couple of 4Ks this way.

I actually did this as an experiment and for fun while watching some Netflix and it was shockingly effective in its simplicity.

• Huge_Bush
    Options

Be honest, you wont respond because you know you're wrong. It is playing the game, it's just a play style you don't like. The killer isn't just standing still. They're being patient and waiting for survivors to take the bait.

Never said killers cannot do anything wrong, but with your post history, it's always "killers are always wrong". You don't have to respond to me, I already know of your bias, your post history is littered with it.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

He's right tho.

You don't need to be away from a keyboard to be called "Afk". With "Bubba defender", you simply staying all game in the basement, survivors can just do all gens and get out, without even taking a look at the basement, and after a game report you for afk (or trolling).

At least we still have some curious survivors who "searching" for killer.=3

Chest defender Bubba is really good to have as a survivor once in a while.=)

• GlitchyGamer
    GlitchyGamer Member Posts: 39
    Options

Because if we get that chest open we bring honor to our ancestors while you dishonor your entire bloodline. Better to die a hero at night than to awake a coward in the morning.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

"For the coward there is no life. For the hero there is no death." - Kakita family motto

• jajapinkpeach
    jajapinkpeach Member Posts: 46
    Options

I love Bubba chest protector, they are the best. Last one killed me with noed even tho I gave him my brown toolbox and didn't touch his chest 😔 but opening the chest is indeed very tempting so I can understand survivors who take that risk.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Those should be your favorite type of players- ones who understand the rules of the game and are 100% committed. If you think about it, there probably hasn’t been anyone who successfully taken bubba’s chest and lived to tell the tale. So it’s “challenge accepted.”

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Ya, part of the fun of the Chest Defender Bubba play is the "oooh piece of candy" mentality the survivors adopt. It makes it more fun.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,784
    Options

I'm like this. I'll play to the death if I'm in the mood. It's a game at the end of the day, escaping or dying, whatever.