When are survivors getting buffed

Are there any plans to buff survivors?

The 100% blood points for survivors is literally always active so it is pretty clear no survivor wants to play anymore.

I used to play quite a bit but now am down to once every 2 weeks, the infamous patch pretty much ruined the game for me.

Whenever I do play now will lose 90% of my games because tunnelling is rampant, although eventually, the game will feel bad for me and pit me against a totally new killer so i can have one boring win.

So am asking the original question because I want to know if I should bother logging in once every 2 weeks or just give up on DBD completely if there are no plans to reach a semblance of balance.

Comments

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429
    edited November 2022

Survivors don't need a buff and neither do killers. Your question shouldn't be when are survivors getting buffed but should be When will solo que actually work as a team.

As a killer main a lot of my matches are very easy due to the survivors not working together or being team players. This includes not taking hits for death hook players, not saving each other and instead hiding for hatch or generally just sandbagging team mates to get rid of the killer onto them.

In terms of the "tunneling" claim are you actually being tunneled because the killer is targeting you or is something else going on. I find majority of games survivors say they were tunneled its usually a case of your not being tunneled just got unlucky. So this could be the person saving you not sticking around to take aggro, you may be running at the killer with perks like off the record or DS (a common thing survivors do which results in a tunnel because you deserver it if you do that. Your begging to be re-chased at that point).

I've been accused of tunneling so many times when in fact i've just played the game and chased the first person i see and if there is 2 survivors with one being just off the hook 9/10 times that injured survivor uses BT/off the record obnoxiously so at that point they are fair game.

quick edit: The fact there is usually 100% bonus for survivors isnt because they are weaker and need a buff. its because you need 4 times the survivors as you do killers to start a match. It was always obvious that there would be an incentive for survivors majority of the time.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233

Well, Killer is a popular role in the eyes of a lot of people, especially with a lot of streamers. You get a lot more of an entertaining match by seeking out survivors vs sitting in gens, so naturally with a lot of people queuing for killer, there will be a stronger demand for survivors. Even taking the streamer aspect out of it, many just enjoy the power role. That doesn't mean that people hate survivor or don't want to play as them, especially since the role is in a strong place now with base BT. The game is "favoring" killers right now based on the kill rate data, but that doesn't mean survivors are all weak. It's just solo queue at its finest in most aspects, and there's nothing you can do about it other than working on your own gameplay vs relying on random teammates.

I guess you could consider this somewhat a coming buff, there should be some adjustments to matchmaking coming:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/353291/news-upcoming-matchmaking-improvements#latest

Otherwise if you're burnt out of the game then just take a break.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Hopefully they will address more on the hud updates on what each survivor is doing during the match to help solo q players coordinate better. They said they would tell us next year how thats going or if it will be implemented which i hope they do put that in soon.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,511

You mean more strength for SWF? No, don't buff them.

As long as we have a huge gap between soloq and swf, you can't buff 1 side without buffing other.

I'd say... Buff communication of soloq to swf level. That would be fair.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Solo queue, not survivor*. Survivor as a whole is fine, it's just solo queue which lacks efficiency due to a lack of information. Before it was made up for with a set of broken perks that could carry them, now they have to be good enough to act efficient without information and their broken build which is a rarity. Once solo queue get's the buff it deserves, survivor will be in an amazing spot.

• Minaaa
    Minaaa Member Posts: 60

Has there been mention on some solo queue survivor specific buffs then or na?

Like Is it even a conversation taking place?

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

They mentioned ages ago that they wanna add a system that shows you what your teammates are doing, so if they're on a gen, in a chase, being camped etc. This would help solo queue quite a bit without really helping SWF that much.

Unfortunatly we haven't heard any news on this for ages.

• whispersenthusiast
    whispersenthusiast Member Posts: 106

I agree with this.

Most games I lose as survivor is because we're mostly solo queue players making solo queue plays and not being efficient. Give us more information so smart players can make plays and climb, while the inefficient totem cleansing, chest looting, sprint burst saving gamers can play with each other. We don't need straight up buffs, simply more tools to make decision making more efficient.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

I hear they are bumping Dwight's damage numbers. His ult is also getting reworked.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

My friend you are on a killer board

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I'll buff them right now, sorry I forgot

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Frankly, all survivors need right now is more ways for survivors to communicate, or at least have a general idea of what everyone is doing. Survivors don't need to be faster or have better perks (though some of them are truly tragically useless, killers have their fair share of that as well) or more pallets.

Giving more information, even just the HUD icons the devs were thinking of, would go a long way without making the game mechanically imbalanced. =)

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,863

People will tell you that if solo queue survivors just had more information, they’d perform similarly to a SWF. But like, that isn’t true. SoloQ players can run a plethora of aura-reading perks (Kindred, Bond, Empathy, Alert, Dark Sense, and more) and will still play subotimally. Because it’s not really about information; it’s matchmaking that creates dysfunctional survivor teams.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

When they figure out how to do it without ruining anything else

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I think the best way to buff survivors now is to implement the info icons to help solo q know what their teammates are doing. SWF doesn’t need any buffs, and this change would be neutral for SWF and a positive for solo q. Unfortunately BHVR have been dragging their feet on this as they do with many of their game health changes, prioritizing cosmetics and new content instead.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Yes, devs mentioned it a long time ago but like many other game health changes it apparently takes years to implement

• Pulsar

If you're running aura-reading perks, you're sacrificing other perks

• Ayodam

A balanced solo queue load out should probably include at least one aura-reading perk, an exhaustion perk, a perk that helps with healing or unhooking, and a wildcard perk (preferably something that enhances efficiency). Items can take the place of the healing or wildcard perk.

• Pulsar

You probably need OTR and an Exhaustion perk.

You probably want Reassurance.

Probably want CoH.

Probably want aura-reading.

Not much build variety there.

• Ayodam
    edited November 2022

I mean yes, survivors require a perk formula for the bare minimum. But that’s probably true for every PvP game. I feel you can get away without OTR. I don’t run it when I play solo queue, and I don’t ever see other players use it either. It’s kind of useless since endurance doesn’t stack anymore. Basekit BT does its job better since that includes a stackable haste effect, anyway. You don’t need Reassurance. I haven’t even seen that since shortly after that chapter released. It was nerfed during PTB so it seems few people run it now. A wasted slot, really, because to use it still requires 2 people not on gens and the extra seconds on hook don’t really punish a killer who is camping.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Basically this. Solo queue wasn't that bad when they first implemented MMR because it felt like it prioritized balance over queue times. Now it seems they have made the matchmaker way more lenient to prevent longer queue times, which is resulting in solo queue being an absolutely hell because you never have 4 survivors around the same skill level.

• Brix
    Brix Member Posts: 129

BUFF soloq more then anything else imo. Also 100% isnt on Survivor all the time. In my region in the evening/night 100% is on Killer.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Never

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

If there is a Killer incentive that means less than 20% of the queued players are queuing as Killer. I do see that on the weekends mainly during the evening. The Survivor BP bonus being on most of the time means nothing by itself other than it's easier to fill the role that only 20% of the queued players need to queue for.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

My killer queues are back to where they were before 6.10 or whatever it was. +50-100% on killer after 9pm. Which is funny considering how the bonus is weighted toward survivor. Survivors have adjusted and can bring powerful items more consistently than ever.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

The balance is messed up. Solo q survivors get shredded and high mmr killers ens up in chases where they can't touch a survivor.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

Can someone explain to me what is to sandbag someone?

like a distraction? or like a pallet predrop you use for cover?

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004
    edited November 2022

To Sandbag a fellow survivor is to act deliberately in a manner that gets them hit. For example, blocking a window/doorway/pallet so they can't run through & the killer gets effectively a free hit.

It's utterly reprehensible behaviour (except in the rare occasion like the charity stream run by a bunch of top streamers where their sole goal was to sandbag each other, which was absolutely hilarious!).

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

Aaa, i understand. I had some survs do that, but not very often.

What i despised and it happens frecuently ti me are survivors which are being chased by the killer deliberately go to where i am repairing a gen just to throw the killer at me.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

By buff do you mean tweaks to communication for survivor in solo queue or buffs to survivor base kit? Cause that can get messy real fast

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,014

I hate this phase truly but if u losing 90% of your matches it probably a skill issue my man. Just switch to a 3 or 4 man swf if possible. You can win majority of time without even trying in my experience.

Dont except any sympathy on these forums as a survivor. They could careless overall! the killers finally feeling like they got a even playing field with the buffs. You can peep many threads on here where killers claiming to retire due to swf matches. Under them? a wave of empathetic comments. Most threads on improving survivors quality of life are meet with snarky remarks here. Your probably be better off on the steam forums with this topic.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

SoloQ needs few buffs like basekit kindred and everyone should have those obsession things showing who is chased. That would help but swf does not need any buff.

• Ayodam

Sandbagging is also intentionally bringing the killer to another survivor, often to take the heat of oneself & force aggro on the other survivor.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Survivors don't need any buffs,, anything that will help solo q players exclusively is fine,, maybe nerf a couple stupid killer perks like stbfl /eruption

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Basekit Kindred without showing the killer's aura, maybe. Full Kindred? That'd be too much.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Survivors 👏 don't 👏 need 👏 buffing

Out of interest do you play solo q or swf?

Because solo q does need a bit of rebalancing. The actual game mechanics are fine but a solo q team is so much worse than even a semi competent swf. It's all about the communication and coordination. You can have someone who is an absolute god at looping but if other survs don't repair (or even repair the wrong gens and set up a 3 gen) it can throw the game real easy.