Thoughts on the high amount of DCs

Options

So after playing a bunch I am no longer thinking its based on killer, nor on what survivors generally complain about perkwise, the strong ones eruption, pain res/dead mans, call of brine, overcharge, etc. Like I am thinking it now almost 100% is based on how quick the killer ends chase with them. Like I would be willing to bet that if there was a perk that had the highest number of DCs it would be Lethal Pursuer. Not because its super OP but because the killer immediately can get on a survivor and if they get the down quick enough the survivor will just give up. Literally just played a Trickster game on one of his worst maps, Lery's. No trick knives, no photocard. but I did run Lethal. Ran to Claudette and she ran for a bit, actually lost me for a bit after breaking line of sight and then she just stopped. Like I wasnt even doing well. And of course I had a domino effect of people giving up after. I just don't get it.

Like whenever I hear people defend DCs they always mention the same things. Seeing a nurse/blight/spirit for the 4th time in a row. Or tired of seeing Pain Res/Dead mans or Eruption. Or being face camped or tunnelled. But then playing B, C, and D tier killers with mid tier perks, people still will DC on the reg on first or second down. Like Sadako, Freddy, Myers (without tombstone) like WHY? Like what are people hoping for?

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Players don't need a legit reason or even a logical one when rage quitting is the go to response. I get player with bad internet don't want to be punished, but devs should up the penalty for dc. Maybe add a good behavior system so frequent Dc'ers have to earn back joining the rest of us.

• Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 178
    Options

I have started to take stats on my solo survivor games. While I only have 15 right now three games have had either a DC or suicided on first hook. First game was against Artist on Sanctum of Wrath and I had two survivors kill themselves on first hook. Both chases lasted less then 20 seconds each.

The second game was on Midwitch against a PH and there was a first hook suicide and the other two survivors immediately dced after the death.

The last was against Wesker on Coal Tower. This one though seemed like a legitimate disconnect. The survivor started running into a wall and then left.

The first two games absolutely I had something to do against how long chases lasted. The one against artist I think was also because it was artist because the survivors stuck around to tell Artist how her choice of killer was unacceptable.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

But then playing B, C, and D tier killers with mid tier perks, people still will DC on the reg on first or second down. Like Sadako, Freddy, Myers (without tombstone) like WHY? Like what are people hoping for?

If you are hooked at the beginning of the game, you lose one of your three lives.

This means you are more likely than other survivors to fail to escape before the end of the game. (I would love to know the stats if you have them.)

Then they will be angry that they can't escape. To pretend that future never happened, they will do a DC. This is because they believe that playing a game they are likely to lose is a waste of time.

They should not play online games.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

To me, the late game DCs feel more like rage quits and the early game DCs feel more like people had a specific idea of what they needed/wanted to do and now they can't do it for some reason so they're bailing on the match (which is still inconsiderate to everyone else).

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305
    Options

I think they just need to pull a Rocket League comp rules and have it where if a survivor DCs all others are allowed to leave with no penalty. Saves EVERYONE a lot of headache while still punishing those who deserve it.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,047
    Options

Well, i dont know why is it, but all my last games were horrible in a gameplay way. i was either hard tunneled no matter what i did, even if my 3 teammates could easily escape or i had instant DCs or suicide on hook.

Today i had two suicide on hook against clown, i truly dont know what to do.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    edited November 2022
    Options

I think that game balance for solo is garbage and instead of just not playing the game people just quit/DC. I mean I wish they would just stop playing and buying cosmetics and chapters so BHVR would lose money but whatever.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

No point in these posts anymore. It's just the same people defending DC's and everyone else has actually played another online video game.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

Doesn't really matter, the point is they're happening and ruining a lot of matches. It's a huge problem for solo players.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

I get the point, it's just the conversation is nearly useless. I can't stand DC's and my point is that anyone who has ever played another online video game would understand that it's not ok how much dc's happen regardless of balance. There is no point being made by the people who dc, it's just people not getting punished enough for it. League will ban you for like 4 DC's in a week for a couple weeks, next time it will be perma and guess what it's the biggest game in the world. These people defending the DC's are just clueless.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

While LP is discouraging, I usually run distortion. But if I get immediately hooked at the beginning of the game w lethal, and killer is waiting to down and rehook as soon as I get off…I’ll probably dc. If they hook and go about their killer life, I’ll eat it and continue the game.

My biggest reason for dc’s are…

”teammates” intentionally running killer to me. & Getting downed immediately after being unhooked.

& for people who will complain about dc and just see out the game blah blah..what’s the point of waiting to be death hooked, 2 minutes into the game because I’m being downed and rehooked immediately off hook? And what’s the point of playing w a team that will run the killer to you, to get killer off of them? Not interested.

When I’m playing killer if someone lets their teammate almost die on first hook, I make it a point to kill the rest and let that person get out.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Burnout has a lot to do with it imo. So many people continue to play this game despite it only frustrating them. The result is DCs.

Memes aside, Mathieu Cote was onto something when he said to take a break and play Civ for awhile. This whole community needs a reset. Egos are bigger than ever, and toxicity is off the charts.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,541
    Options

People need to grow a spine and deal with it. You never see me DCing as survivor. If you're not gonna play a match through, don't turn the game on.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

I'm a Legion main and I can assure you every time I manage to chain atleast three survivor in my first frenzy one dcs I don't even need to play thana or filthy knife or anything

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,944
    Options

I have thinking along the same lines and noticed the same.

Lethal Pursuer is one of my most played perks as it does both: get you into a chase ASAP AND defend an early gen from getting popped. With Pyramid Head I also get a lot of this short chases and fast downs, and that's when they most often ragequit.

But I will always start that one game that I had that highlights why you shouldn't do so. In this game I was found and downed by a Trickster right at the start of the game. After the unhooking he was right on top of me and tunneled me directly to the hook again, like 1:20min into the game.

When I got unhooked, this time with BT, I just barely got away, lost him and by that time 3 gens popped.

I played it save after that and we got a 4E. Yes, with an early down the game is stacked against you, but you never know how it will turn out. And a DC when the killer is hauling you over to a hook is just making the killers life easier because now he doesn't have to hook you :P

I also had this 4 SWF group who played to tilt me, until I started tunneling one of their number. One afte the other they all DCed when downed and on death hook, when I finally cornered the last one before she got hatch. I then played the petty-reverse card and slugged her for the full four minutes, closed the hatch, then let her wriggle out of my grasp and bodyblocked the exit gate switches for the whole EGC. It was marvelous. By that time all her clever DCing friends timers had long cooled off and they still couldn't queue up for the next game. Dudes were fuming in the post game chat and I guess I got reported 4 times :P

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 264
    Options

SoloQ : 2 escape out of 25 game this morning ... this going out of control most of games are suicide on first hook or tunnel at 5 gen which i can understand but its getting very boring... killer Q atm is around 8 or 10 mins for me atm ending mosts game at less than 10k BP .

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I think they dont quit because if you find a regular Killer who plays for hooks and is not using the most tedious meta you can have fun in Solo even if the whole team dies and they are just hoping from match to match until they find one where they think they can have fun and a real chance at escaping so they still queue trying to get that, a non-sweat Killer with a non-sweat build where nobody gets camped.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,201
    edited November 2022
    Options

The "Everybody gets a trophy" mentality has done a lot of damage.

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422
    Options

But they often don't give it a chance to see if that even happens. Like If you are the first one down and you DC you have 0 clue how the killer is going to play. They might be a camping tunneller. They might 12 hook you. Who knows? You sure as hell don't because you know maybe one of their perks, if that. Like if you DC because youre getting camped or tunnelled fine whatever. I dont agree with it because you will most likely die before the DC penalty and you are giving the killer a free hook to use but hey I can at least get it. But those aren't the people I see. Granted I don't camp and tunnel so that could happen more than I give it credit for but what I see more often than not is a survivor goes down, DC. Or survivor 2 gets caught as you are leaving the hook and chased down, DC. Like bruh comeon, one reset and the game can easily get back to even. It's 1-2/12 hook states. But I much more rarely see killers DCing when the first gen gets popped which is a bigger progress than 1 hook state on 2 different people (mathematically at least I understand survivors lose resources as the game progresses where the killer for the most part does not, hexes excluded).

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

First impression is very important in every aspect of life, the queue is 0 seconds, it takes less time to suicide and go into the next match than stay around and see what happens after a not very enticing first impression. Also a lot of what people suicides against is easy to check, Nurse screams, Legion (mending simulator is disgusting), Blights TR theme, 2 downs before the first gen, seeing teammates doing nothing while hooked etc, even if they were to end being normal games why take any chance when people can reroll the trial in less than 20 seconds?

Its a bit like going to a restaurant for the first time, you just entered and see the chef exiting the bathroom without washing hands, it may be a once in a lifetime lapse and he washes it 5 seconds later but anyone seeing that is going to be hesitant to stay instead of search another place, after all, why take any chances when there are plenty of options around?.

P.D. In my experience Killers tend to DC once there are 3 or 4 gens done with no hooks and at the state of the game you have to be abysmal to reach that point, plus queues, when people have 1-4 minutes queues just to join a lobby they are less prone to ditch.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

As @fake said: "If you are hooked at the beginning of the game, you lose one of your three lives. This means you are more likely than other survivors to fail to escape before the end of the game."

If I'm found w/in the first 60 seconds, I'm out. No time in = no value to me. It's more effective to go immediately to another trial where I can invest in that.

What the OP said is also true, certain killers are annoying to play against to the point that it's not even worth the effort from the time you spawn in. For me it's mainly Legion and Bubba. Tedious trial where even if you win it wasn't fun and doesn't feel worth it, and insta-down facecamp king to the point where even the devs can't do anything about it.

With how deliberately bad BHVR has made solo queue, you make of it what you can. Nope out, trial shop until you land in one that's at least got the potential to be fun and fulfilling. That and the occasional tome entry is all solo queue is worth.

• Zboard
    Zboard Member Posts: 82
    edited November 2022
    Options

I dont know if survivors have same issue, but as killer, specially as Wesker, i run in a lot of lag/frame drops/ game freeze lately so sometimes i have to just close the game, since it froze and have to crash it manually.

Other than that, as survivor i do find it annoying that the killer comes to my face in 10s after the start of the match, but is just that, annoying, maybe we just enjoy dc'ing to show the other part that we highly dislike them 🤷‍♂️

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

My opinion is a criticism of players who dc for selfish reasons no matter what weak killer they are matched with.

Please note that this is a tracing of the thoughts of players who are not qualified to play online games who try to justify DC, and not an opinion to justify DC by mistake.