This dev stream - priceless

Options
Soren
Soren Member Posts: 369

Devs: "Coulrophobia doesn't affect Snap Out of It because it is not a healing"
Chat: "But Botany Knowledge does"
Devs: "Oh, it's a bug"

Snap Out of It is considered as a heal since Doctor Cube.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1471967615869010456/

Comments

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295
    Options

yeah, that was a good one.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

Exactly my thoughts, thanks. xD

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201
    Options

Yep. The whole chat was confused as they said it.

• Mercury
    Options

When they 'fix' it, will Nurse's Calling also no longer affect this? Since it would be a bug too!

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Nurses calling should no longer effect snap out of it as well. They really messed that up bad.

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295
    Options

The dbd tournament is also hilarious.

• Elysseens
    Elysseens Member Posts: 15
    Options

That was soooo funny, yes.

• Soren
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SanKa_Games said:

The "It's a bug" almost sounded like a bad, overrused meme. Boy I was so wrong...

@Mercury said:
    When they 'fix' it, will Nurse's Calling also no longer affect this? Since it would be a bug too!

"Fixed a bug where survivors could enter Madness 2"

• Mercury
    Options

@Soren said:

@SanKa_Games said:

The "It's a bug" almost sounded like a bad, overrused meme. Boy I was so wrong...

When> @Mercury said:

"Fixed a bug where survivors could enter Madness 2"

We probably shouldn't even be laughing, they might just do that, too. xD

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2018
    Options

That was intended as a buff to Doctor players by letting Nurses Calling see survivors trying to snap out of it. DbD is loaded with inconsistencies like this, take Huntress Lullaby for example. In its description it says:

Survivors receive a 2/4/6 % regression penalty when missing ANY Skill Check.

But it DOESN'T affect Jigsaw boxes. Whereas Unnerving Presence's Description says:

Survivors within your Terror Radius have a 6/8/10 % greater chance of triggering Skill Checks WHEN REPAIRING, HEALING, OR SABOTAGING.
    Triggered Skill Checks' success zones are reduced by 40/50/60 %.

But DOES affect Jigsaw Boxes. Personally I feel that both should say "Any Skill Check" and affect Jigsaw boxes all the same, but the devs have already stated that they didn't want to make Jigsaw boxes "Too Hard." IMO this is laughable since skill checks are already a breeze and HL is so under-powered by its hooking requirements that it shouldn't even qualify as a Hex.

Sorry for digressing, but the point remains that the devs often will SAY something is one way but rarely ever stick to it out of their perceived allusions of balance.

• Trotfoxx
    Trotfoxx Member Posts: 105
    Options

Typical Behaviour xd

• Soren
    Options

Thanks @not_Queen . That's why the stream misses you. Mathieu is a producer, Dave is on the creative side and as you said, Janick is new. Sometimes it's just better a "We don't know, we'll ask the one who's in charge" instead of some random assumptions (and also I'm pretty sure you ask a lot of questions before a patch is live so you would have better chance to answer it). I don't agree on this balance decision for several reasons, but at least, we can debate about true facts now!

(Sorry for being a little... rude. It just sounded like a dead meme and I was in pokerface mode)

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    I thought Botany affecting Snap Out of It was intended lol. I was thinking “wasn’t that in the patch notes for Doc cube?” the entire time. If Coulrophobia affected Snap Out of It, it would probably get changed in less than a week because of all the Survivor whining.