If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What's your favorite case of a perk never working out for you?

Options

I think we all know the curse of Deliverance.

All games you play, you're the most altruistic teammate, getting everyone saved, but when you are the one needing help, you are left to die on the first hook.

"I could really use Deliverance right now" - you think, and equip it for your next game, thinking it's going to save you from the not so altruistic teammates.

...and then you end up being found and hooked first.... every... single... game...

~ ~ ~

But outside Deliverance, I think everyone has their own cursed perk that never work out for them due to being incredibly unlucky with it.

Doesn't matter which side, what perk is your personal nemesis you wish cooperated with you more?

I'll go first:

Unbreakable - I swear to Entity, I pray for the day when I'll get to actually use this perk. Run it 24/7? killer won't leave you on the ground for a second. Take it off? The killer decides it's the moment for no hooks game.

STBFL - God ain't this perk overrated or I'm just hella unlucky. Whenever I run it, my obsession finds me first and continues to destroy my stacks throughout the match. Or survivors run perks to change the obsession and render it more useless.

Retribution - I love running hex builds, but the sad thing is, hexes don't last long... Unless I play Retribution. It renders my hexes invisible for the survivors. The one time I WANT them to destroy hexes, they can't find them.

Comments

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited November 2022
    Options

I don’t think I have any perks that fit this. I run a lot of meme stuff, so I’m pretty good at finding value in pretty much all of my builds.

Deliverance is so niche. It’s largely useless outside of solo queue and there it feels like a perk that exists to cover a design flaw (relying on random people to restore another person’s ability to play the game). But I suggest that anyone who really wants to capitalize on it play immersed until another player is hooked, then they save & play more boldly.

I don’t think Survivors have perks that change who the obsession is. With the exceptions of Pyramidhead and maybe Freddy, killers can’t even change the obsession. Interestingly enough the obsession mechanic was designed to discourage tunneling.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    edited November 2022
    Options

I don’t think Survivors have perks that change who the obsession is

For the People and Decisive Strike can change the obsession for survivors (Furitive Chase and Nemesis for killer). And I never really see those perks, until they really are needed to destroy my match xD I haven't seen For the People for like a year just to get it every single match lately

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Nurse's Calling: Every time I use this perk, the survivors bring CoH and Shadow Step or heal outside of its range.

Crowd Control and Huntress's Lullaby: Both are found immediately and destroyed before I can get any value. Only good as Haunted Ground or Pentimento bait.

Bamboozle: 2-window tiles, and 4 or 5 sometimes back-to-back on Suffocation Pit.

Discordance/Tinkerer: 2 notifications simultaneously. One way or another, you're losing a gen.

Pain Res: Usually good, but trash if bad hook placement or, more often, the gen goes off before the hook animation is complete.

• Wampirita
    Options

God i forgot about Pain Res. If the rng of their placement isn't the most infuriating thing ever, i don't know what is

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Reassurance and Reactive healing. Reactive Healing cause most killers bring Sloppy Butcher. Reassurance because I am usually too far away and if I go close I may as well unhook them.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Deception has a self-reinforcing cycle that I don't know how to use it correctly, so it doesn't work, so I don't take it, therefore I don't learn it, then my friend says "Hey you should give Deception another chance !", so I put it on again, and the cycle continues.

Boil Over never works when I'm using it, but seems strong when I'm on the receiving end, which makes me put it on from time to time, and still not get value from it, haha.

I don't have any killer perk that is as cursed as those, I feel. =)

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,869
    Options

Power Struggle.

When I have it, Killers always maneuver in a way where there are no pallets but as soon as I take it off, they go through pallets like they're on a mission to pass as many pallets as possible.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145
    Options

Devour Hope. When I play against it, it's pretty much a guaranteed killer win, because nobody else will stop what they're doing and hex hunt. When I play it, it pops within a minute

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

Any Hex perk, doesn't matter which, always gets cleansed.

Soul Guard, never cursed when I need it.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,197
    Options

For me its a combo

Haunted Grounds + Devour Hope

Devour always gets munched on first. One might say it gets... Devoured

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 254
    Options

For me its the meta build, I take max slowdown (CoB, Overcharge, Eruption, Pain Resonance) since I am extremely rusty after a long break of only playing survivor and want to be able to take my time with matches while learning killers (mostly Wesker rn), only problem being that I NEVER kick gens since I prefer to chase instantly. I obv do get value out of Pain Resonance due to me hooking people, but 3/4th of my build get used maybe once or twice max per match. Not really unlucky rather than my playstyle just contradicting the "meta" tho, probably also the reason I actually do worse with longer gens than pre "killer patch".

• MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278
    Options

Haha your comment about Boil Over is so true! As killer I’m like I hate freakin hate boil over! So I try it as survivor and I’m like I freakin hate boil over!!

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810
    Options

I gotta say deliverance works quite often for me. Sure its a luck based one but i guess im just very lucky with it..

My nemesesses or how the plural is called are:

NOED!!! -> the most important one. I always say its a baby killer perk because as soon as you reach the softcap either they alredy have all totems Cleansed/destroyed or as soon as noed activates they find it litteraly 10 seconds later. And it doesnt even help you during game, its pure endgame. But i have the same issiue with all the hexes. Aside from maybe 3. (Undying, Blood favour, Pentimento)

Blast mine. -> "Stun the killer x times" challenges. Most of the time they dodge pallets like gods when i throw them, surely i just need more practice. But blast mine is like a joker card to me, if it only would work out more than all 5 games once. x.x Really am i the only killer that kicks gens regularly?? At least its slow progress, better than none.

Spine chill -> I cant look at 3 diffrent things the same time. I gotta be aware for skillchecks when working on a gen, i need to look out for stealth killers, and on top of that.. It does show me when the killer facing my direction no matter how far away. I dont know what to do with that information. Even pre Nerf i couldnt bear with it. Premonition however, makes a sound, procs only when the killer is near you within 36 meters and you know exactly from what angle the killer is coming. So you can evade into the opposite direction.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I kick gens a lot (Overcharge is my go-to slowdown), and I can remember at least one game where I got blast mined 4 times (and Red Herring'd once) by the same player. It was ridiculous and honestly quite fun !

Hope you get more gen kicking next time you have one of those challenges !

• MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278
    Options

I play on console so I’m going with Dead Hard. As killer when I face it, it proves to be so clutch, so I keep trying it as survivor and am always on the ground having smashed the buttons to the point of breaking.

• Terion
    Options

4 times!! dayum that player did a lot of gens XD because it takes quite a while to load up. But thanks =)

• Wampirita
    Options

I'm that one type of killer that thinks that kicking gens is a waste of time, I'd rather run the no-effort regressions like Pain Res or Jolt, since i play super low tier killers and every second counts, can't waste it on kicking, because by the time I get to kick one gen, two of them will pop.

So i'm one of those that render Blast mine useless xD i'm sorry

• Terion
    Options

your fine its a legit playstyle XD i just thought it would work like every game multiple times because i myself do kick gens alot.

Its not even only about regression, though i use call of brine. When i kick gens anyway i might aswell have a perk for it. But the bloodpoints man XD also the sound of kicking gens, when they krack, its so satisfying, more than the sound of hitting a survivor!

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Any hex but especially haunted grounds. The first time I ever ran it was the only time in my entire time as killer in this game I has a hex still up the whole match and every time I ran it afterwards I'd either never catch anyone before it ran out or everyone would already be injured.

Also I can't not mention undying. When undying still transferred your hex to every dull totem I tried it for a while and almost every time they spawned on the undying totem. And more often than not I'd get my ruin totem to be the token captain obvious totem that every map has.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I think I have gotten Unbreakable to work like twice, ever.

• Wampirita
    Options

IKR? I don't understand people's obsession with this perk if it never works

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

Running an autodidact build or healing build... PLAGUE

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375
    Options

Boil Over hands down. When I play killer feels like I'm bouncing around like crazy when I pick up a survivor with it. As a survivor with it.... man it feels like the killer doesn't even notice. I seriously have no idea why this is!

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 113
    Options

Fast Track- You get tokens to do gens faster when others are hooked. You get hooked first

Deja Vu- You do gens faster when you see their aura. Gets hunted down first and helplessly watches the Deja Vu timer go away when you're hooked or get triggered again when you are stil hooked

Boon: Exponential- gets grabbed instantly like unbreakable, but slugged when the boon is CoH

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 529
    edited November 2022
    Options

Most of the time when not runing my main meg & build I play survivors in rotation using only their perks (for stat analysis & to keep things fresh) most survivors seem to have at least 1 adept perk i'll never get use, top 3 though probably are

Deliverance- as others have said you can bet my Adam is getting hooked first, never at all or someone wants to unhook me within seconds & I don't wanna jump off in their face!

Pharmacy - Quentin either won't get injured or I can't find a chest or best of all I find several chests but they've all been looted already, I'd make this a rummage chest not just search i'd also put it back to healthy or injured.

Power Struggle - No killer is ever going to carry my Elodie through a pallet location, well except last week or so a nemesis actually did for the first time ever it actually happened! So caught of guard by this miracle I barely even noticed the notification until it was off screen & promptly hit the wrong button!!!

No mither is actually probably my most cursed of all though, poor david has teammates that shake their head at him give him up to the killer, leave him on hook, or just straight up DC or hook suicide. A rare few do seem to make it their mission to get that man out alive though thats heartwarming to see!

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 426
    Options

Blood Echo, either everyone's healed whenever it proc's or there's not an exhaustion perk in the match, as soon as you stop using it suddenly no ones healing.

Outside of that there was a survivor i went against who was using Red Herring which really worked against them, the sound notifcation's made me return to area's with a hooked survivor or making me turn around and catch survivor's going for the save, i soon realised it was in play and then got searching locker's that i was approaching when the sound bubble popped up, which of course led to the survivor being caught in a locker.

• Wampirita
    Options
  • StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

Borrowed Time.

If I'm running BT, two things happen. One is that someone else always beats me to the hook that DOESN'T have BT and get the person put on hook again. The second is the killer is legit not trying to stop the hook save and, while nice to have, BT doesn't actually do anything. The second scenario is a good thing, as it's still a safe unhook and the survivor gets to heal up and go along their merry way, but it also means I never see the perk getting any value. It's a big "WHAT IF" then never "IF"s.

The moment I take it off, however, I'm the only one going for hook saves and the killer just b-lines to the hook whenever I get close.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 670
    Options

Soul Guard

When I have it either Killer never runs a Hex or my team all run totem hunting builds and Hexes are gone in twenty seconds. Without it, Ruin, Devour, Plaything, every game is a Hex and Survivors see the glowing totems as a cool piece of decor.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Any hex perk,, 1 minute max intonthe game and they are gone aint joking

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Autodidact - I would love to get 5 stacks but every time I seem to get Plague or just don't get to heal anyone.

• CursedPerson
    CursedPerson Member Posts: 62
    Options

Decisive Strike - the overnerf of it almost useless when certain killers can catch up to you in 2 seconds. Also missing the skillcheck is the most tilting thing imaginable.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499
    Options
  • DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    edited November 2022
    Options

Always Devour Hope everytime.Anytime I'm in chase the survivor runs right to it,I mean every time.Then if they haven't ran into it,it literally spawns in the open 🤷

Oh and every killer, I play against always gets the value out of it

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,541
    Options

Mettle of man. Sorry I wasn't balls deep inside of the survivor I was taking a hit for. I guess no protection stack for me.

Like seriously, widen the range of what counts as a protection stack.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 884
    Options

Overzealous-First found (thank you Lethal) and hit immediately if I do manage to find a totem.

Smash Hit-All I get is pallet respecters or killers that necessitate an an early drop.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

Sole Survivor. Every time I put it on after super unlucky solo-endgame with fast killer or bad gate spawn either we all escape with no problems or I'm the first one who die. No value. At all. I play that way several games, then switch back to my basic build. Just can't make it work (without being a rat).

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Soul Guard and Tenacity. Also literally any Hex perk for killer.