When the bots come out

Options
Okonar_
Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

As BHVR already announced, the option to play custom games with bots will be added in the next patch (Knights release). Keep in mind its only possible to add survivor bots for now, the killer bot option might be added in the future. The community seems excited about it, since now we will be able to practice things in our time rather than trying to keep up with a normal PVP match.

So heres the question: for what are you guys most excited to use the custom matches...?

When the bots come out 35 votes

Practice with killers I'm not comfortable with.
42%
LapisInfernalisRobotfangirl67FobboGuiltiiHex_iButtAurelle[Deleted User]Okonar_hastarkisDddtpKotelettphantomAmasTheMetalOneGrumblephantDarloxEZ 15 votes
Practice knowledge of the maps and tiles.
8%
JawsIsTheNextKillerEmealJay_Whyask 3 votes
Play chill games vs bots.
17%
MiriamGmusstang62FilthyLegionMainGazgemauchIron_CutlassTerion 6 votes
Test builds.
2%
ka_klick 1 vote
I will just check it for fun but won't use it much.
8%
Mattie_MayhemOGNoOneKnowsNovaBrandon48 3 votes
I don't care that much about it.
14%
GibberishAven_FallenIlliterateGenocideTheArbiterChiky 5 votes
Other idea (mention below)
5%
Alex_Slan 2 votes

Comments

• ka_klick
    ka_klick Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Test builds.

I really want bots to replace DC'ed players at some point. That way a game can really come to a more natural conclusion. It's how it is handled in, say the Left 4 Dead franchise, someone DC's, then a bot takes their place until someone else connects and takes over. W/ DBD I think it'd be best to not rotate new people in, but let the bot fill the slot.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,271
    Options

I was excited about it, then i played it on the PTB and the bots couldnt even finish 1 gen before I killed them all

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,783
    Options

I'll probably mess around for a game or two while playing Huntress or Trickster, but overall I don't see any appeal to playing against them as I've got no real reason to do so.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Bots are a bit too buggy on the PTB for my to really say for certain how they will work in the live version of the game, but if they turn out to be the exact same, Ill just use them to have fun matches, they cant really represent a normally match with the way the AI is atm so practicing is pointless.

• Okonar_
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yea I checked it as well while testing the knight. The bots are fairly easy to beat. I might use the custom just to practice stuff like billy curves, oni flicks, bubba moonwalks with the chainsaw, stuff like that. Just a few games to warm up the muscle memory.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,723
    Options

I played the PTB.

The bots play very good, they all use the hold W strategy, but they are still not as smart as real human players.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I'll probably use the opportunity to learn killers I've always wanted to play without getting destroyed each match

• Okonar_
    Options

Its funny when you use Lethal Pursuer vs them, they all start crouching when in range of your terror radius lol

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

I will do a mixture of practicing killers, testing builds as well as tile behavior on my main killer (Wesker).

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 286
    Options

Pretty much all of them, depending on my mood, of course, I May want to do one thing or another.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,723
    Options

They are probably better than alot of players too tho.

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Options

I’d be keen to see bots replace DC’d teammates. Even one that would just sit on a gen would still give a fighting chance.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 638
    Options

I’m looking forward to playing the killers I don’t really play at all. Since lately I’ve been mainly playing with Ghostface, Blight, and Wesker. So adding the ones I don’t play as much and don’t play at all will help me learn more about Nurse, Plague, Hag, Billy, etc. I also think it will be super fun due to having more playability.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

i really cant see any use in the current bots. there horrible.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

There are some parts of some maps that I just get lost. I'd love to be 100% confident that I know where the entrance to the basement is in the main building of Grim Panties and Disturbed Ward.

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    Options

I'm gonna use it to play KYF with less then 5 people.

• Terion
    Terion Member Posts: 810
    Options

i wouldve voted for all 3 of the first points XD