As I was finishing up my Adept pig achievements.... one thing stood out....

Options

SURVEILLANCE! <-------Forcing myself to take this thing match after match I gotta say. This is legitimately the WORST PERK IN THEEEE GAAAAAME! Fix it! Why would you give Legion a perk that works like what surveillance should have been.....

What gives @devs Why is this perk useless. Of all the tracking perks this one doesn't even register as useful....I walk away from a gen, its white, few seconds later, its red, walk back to the gen.....OH ITS STILL SPARKING I JUST WASTED MY TIME....what even is this perk....

Comments

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

To be fair Legion's gen perk is kinda useless, too. Had survivors go 2 on a gen to bait me, then they split just as I arrived, then the other 2 started working on a gen across the map.
    In other words survivors that are coordinated can abuse the perk.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I remember when first starting this game, brand new, barely looked at much information about Killers, Perks amd strategy (no regrets tho) and thought Surveillance was a nifty and decent Perk xD YEAAAAAAH first time as Pig I realized ALL too quickly how garbo it is....its insane they haven't reworked it by now.  Id say at this stage it needs to be 100%overhauled.

While Legion's Discordance is pretty decent for lower Ranks and may have some initial use, it will be countered hard by coordinated SWF or savvy Survivors in general.  I still like it tho.
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

Honestly both sucks, but surveillance is really the worst perk in the game with Monstrous Shrine.

Discordance can be decent but is just stupidly easy to counter and can make survivors mindgame you by forcing you to come and leaving ASAP.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Surveillance is the wort killer perk, yes.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    To be fair Legion's gen perk is kinda useless, too. Had survivors go 2 on a gen to bait me, then they split just as I arrived, then the other 2 started working on a gen across the map.

At least the legions perk gave you factual information. There were in fact 2 people on that gen at one point. But with surveillance I end up mind gaming myself, nobody was even at the gen after the white aura went away..... #########....

• TwistedRusty
    TwistedRusty Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Im confused as to whats
  • TwistedRusty
    TwistedRusty Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Im confused as to what's going on
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@TwistedRusty said:
    Im confused as to what's going on

Basically, Surveillance is the Freddy of the Perks. Unlike Freddy though, this 'perk' will legitimately do nothing for you. At least with Freddy you can get kills. Run this only if you want to get laughed at. I know I laugh at those who use Surveillance unironically.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:

Discordance can still be used if Survivors don't play around it. Surveillance hinders itself by giving itself a short enough timer that unless your eyes are completely fixated on the tagged gen (not gens because good luck getting more than one tagged within 16 seconds) for a full 16 seconds, you won't know for sure if the white aura went away because the timer expired or because someone ran up to it. And even then, if someone starts working on the gen right before or after the timer expires, it's STILL not clear what caused the aura to vanish. And that's assuming your eyes are glued to the dang thing, which is just wasting your time that could be spent doing other stuff.

There's a VERY real argument to be made that Surveillance is the single worst perk in the entire game.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Surveillance should be like wraith and legion ultra rares that show gen progression. Even if you have to add in the stipulation that you have to kick it first
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

SURVEILLANCE! <-------Forcing myself to take this thing match after match I gotta say. This is legitimately the WORST PERK IN THEEEE GAAAAAME! Fix it! Why would you give Legion a perk that works like what surveillance should have been.....

What gives @devs Why is this perk useless. Of all the tracking perks this one doesn't even register as useful....I walk away from a gen, its white, few seconds later, its red, walk back to the gen.....OH ITS STILL SPARKING I JUST WASTED MY TIME....what even is this perk....

Yeah, it's really bad. I hope they buff it. 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Both gen-watching perks are useless.

Surveillance should allow you to get an aura read when the generator is worked on and allow you to better defend against cross-map generators when down to 3. THEN it would actually be useful. Currently, it offers no benefit whatsoever, especially in the context of the Pig. It should've been what Tinkerer is now.

Good luck on Adept Pig.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

@Eninya said:

Surveillance should allow you to get an aura read when the generator is worked on and allow you to better defend against cross-map generators when down to 3. THEN it would actually be useful. Currently, it offers no benefit whatsoever, especially in the context of the Pig. It should've been what Tinkerer is now.

Good luck on Adept Pig.

I ended up getting adept, but it was basically like going into the game with 2 perks only. I was sweaty as #########!

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited January 2019
    Options

@PigMainBigBrain said:

@Eninya said:

Good luck on Adept Pig.

I ended up getting adept, but it was basically like going into the game with 2 perks only. I was sweaty as [BAD WORD]!

I got it first try on a Red Forest game. You really have to make use of Make Your Choice because it's the only perk you truly have. I almost didn't get it, since I had a hard time finding the last survivor, but I spotted them sneaking around in the distance. :3

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

@Eninya said:

Good luck on Adept Pig.

I ended up getting adept, but it was basically like going into the game with 2 perks only. I was sweaty as [BAD WORD]!

I felt like I was going in almost perkless.  I pulled off MYC maybe once when I was chasing who I thought was the rescuer, only to lose them and then inadvertently hit the actual rescuer by coincidence with maybe two seconds left on MYC.