We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Entity and licensed characters

Options
Archael
Archael Member Posts: 690

Isnt this odd, that Entity was able to gather to its realm a litteral deamon "cenobite"? Force a killing machine "Nemesis" do its orders? Temper power of a Nightmare etc.

And despite of lot of theories of what or who entity is, i think that licensed killers in dbd are NOT characters from their movies/games. They are just a copies made by entity from minds of its victims. They are nothing more than part of Entity realm.

If Entity was so powerfull to catch and gather such characters from vastly different universes, it surely should have power to completely controll them. There would not be an instance of Piramidhead braking rules, Cenobite taking survivors to its world of pain, Nightmare existing in its own "dream world"...

But what if this is not true. Dream world is not world of dreams, but altered entity realm tricking survivors to think its something different. Cenobite is just removing survivors from trial just like all regular killers but slightly different looking way.

This would means that everything is just an Entity, and no killer was taken from their original world but only copied.

Comments

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

It's more likely that every single being in the Entity's realm is just a copy/clone. If there were any actual human survivors to begin with they'd be already dead after a couple of trials and replaced with a copy made up of auric cells for the rest of the continuity. The Entity is pretty much sustaining itself by creating extremely lifelike simulations.

• Archael
    Options

With their bodies? Yes. Those are trully just clones. But i believe that their minds are real. Entity keeps their mind and soul intact to feed on them, and after each sacrifice, it gives them new body, and heal them after each trial.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Yh I'm pretty sure the lore is that the entity resurrects survivors that are sacrificed or die in the trials and wipes their memory too. Untill their soul is slowly drained and erroded unto nothing and their husk is dumped into the void.

• Archael
    Options

I think that survivors massacred by mori would need new bodies xD

• HoodedWildKard
    Options

Well not quite. Aside from whatever the hell dredge does to survivors during a mori, simple regeneration of the body could heal any injuries inflicted during a mori. But either way whether it's the same body regenerated or a new body each time doesn't make much difference.

I'm just inclined to think same bldy because some survivors have scars or tattoos that the entity would probably struggle to recreate.

• Archael
    Options

Either way, their "self", "soul" or "mind" is the same.

Except for licensed characters, or killers at least - IMO they are not real characters but only Entity made copies.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 371
    Options

I'm not sure about the wiping memories part, because eventually the survivors lose hope, and are then discarded or turned into killer for the Entity (this was something established a long time ago so it might not hold water anymore).

I think it's even more traumatic for them to rather be conscious of dying over and over again, and that the Entity may feast on that.

• HoodedWildKard
    Options

I'll have to have a look but I did read somewhere in the official lore that the entity wipes the memories of a surv who dies and is ressurected i.e. mori or bleed out.

And wiping the memory makes sense. Their fear would be strongest if they didn't know what was going on. If they are familiar with what is happening they get inured to it. "Oh yh same formula I have to fix the generators to escape or this thing is going to kill me, but I won't actually die I'll come back so really it'll just hurt a lot" as opposed to "holy ######### why the hell is this creepy dude in the mask trying to kill me?! I need to run for my literal life" And the entity discards survs who can't feel emotions anymore because each time to die it feeds on them and presumably takes a little bit away, like a tiny chunk of their soul.

• Archael
    Options

Maybe its both.

Entity wipes memories of death, but keeps memories of escapes so that survs still fear of death but remember horrors of trial and with each of those escapes they loose hope that escape or even death is really possible (especially that in their perspective no killer ever trully managed to kill them).

• serphos
    serphos Member Posts: 1
    Options

The Lament Configuration quite literally showed up in the realms one day, somebody solved it, and naturally Pinhead and his Cenobite friends did what they do best.

Since I cant imagine the Entity is too pleased that Pinhead literally STEALS SURVIVORS from the Entity, taking them to Hell for later torture. The Entity does not seem capable of altering Pinhead's powers, which seemingly have not changed like the rest of the killers, he can still teleport, become non-corporeal, summon chains, and likely still has all of his other powers.

The Lament Configuration is the only thing that has been modified to the realm and it's possible Pinhead himself has did this. As we see at the start of every trial with him, he teleports the box somewhere in the trial unbeknownst to even him, probably on purpose, showing he does enjoy the hunt to some degree.

And no, the characters are not copies, Adiris and Mikaela are proof of this. One whose body has never been found having supposedly died to the Plague which would become her namesake, the other dissapearing before an entire audience. Let's remember, killers and survivors are brought to the realm in the same way considering Talbot Grimes was once a survivor.

And the Entity enjoys the survivor's suffering and feeds on their souls, and tortures the killers into doing it's bidding, it makes no sense for the survivors and killers to actually be an aspect of the Entity. Also Evan Macmillan (Trapper) has actively FOUGHT against the Entity, so yeah no the killers and survivors are actually them.

• Archael
    Options

Trapper, and Plague are not licensed characters. This topic is about LICENSE characters.

And my first post started discussion about killers, not all license characters, so if you are quoting me, and trying to argue with me, then try to also aknowlege this fact.

The only thing that was an argument, was pinhead, so:

Is he teleporting survivors to hell? How do you know that? As i have posted, this may only looks like this. But what really happen to that survivors? They are still in Entity realm, so they cannot be taken to pinhead dimension.

Also, his powers are altered by the entity... why he is so slow when vaulting, even if becaming incorporal? How is it possible that his vault speed is exactly the same as other killers? Why cant he freely teleport and hurt survivors? Why only to the box? His entire presence and power fit the rules of the trial, and thus - are either altered by the Entity or tonned down by pinhead by its own... but why would he do such thing?

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I always saw pinheads mori as the entity tricking him into believing he is sending survivors to hell, when in reality they just die and are send back to the campfire

• Archael
    Options

It is. And this is the starting point... Entity is as powerfull to trick pinhead into believing this?

• Archael
    Options

If Entity would be as powerfull. It would not need to capture and trap anyone anywhere. it would just make fun of regular chases in real world. Entity needs all those characters in Entity's realm, and this is a proof that it is not as omnipotent as it looks like.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

But those are two different things, I was talking about the entity manipulating pinhead which comparing their power levell It doesn't seem to be a difficult thing.

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611
    Options

I think you're right but one factor is incorrect,the souls of those who give up in trials are tossed to the void,as it has no more will are hope to feed the entity so I guess that would mean there memories are not wipe either because why give up if you are just born sort of say.Also as proof,you can see that everyone is probably aware of their situation because of teachables helping each other to survive or kill better.

There more like doppelganger's in a sense,the observer said in a tome that there are multiple dimensions and different plains of existence.Lets say earth one has a Jill that wears a blue shirt and Earth 2 has a Jill that wears a Red Shirt technically you could remove one Jill and Jill would still exist in a different Terra technically both Jill's can wear a blue shirt have the same battle with Nemesis, same birthmarks,eye color etc.but this wouldn't impact anything from the second world and we could be the 2nd world with Jill still alive to us

It's better to look at this in a time travel sense ,not sure what the theory is called? But the Entity can travel through time and pick up it's cattle throughout history, in our timeline it could, take Jill from a certain point in time before she defeats Nemesis.While doing so this only effects that timeline and creates a new stream, but since it already happened it doesn't effect that reality of the future where Jill has defeated Nemesis. If a piece is disrupted it doesn't change the future only it creates another stream and a different future where Jill is missing.It would also appear that there are rules as the entity only collects from the past as not to disturb the continuation of time.it's just multiple realities in the end.

And yes these people that the Entity has collected are missing from their respective dimensions.There has to be the right circumstances that allows the Entity to do this.I believe the entity offers them something and they agree and sometimes there might not be a choice, because they are happier there like Ghostface and Tarhos

• HoodedWildKard
    Options

I didn't mean their memories are wiped clean everytime. Just their memories of being in the trials.

• DashMonsta008XV
    Options

I would have preferred that you comment on the doppelganger and time travel theory.I wrote a message before this but for some reason it has to be approved ?

• DashMonsta008XV
    Options

It's no need to be defensive.It doesn't make sense to wipe memories of the trial because how would survivors know that flashlights,pallets,locker's,vaults,windows and doing generators are their means to escape ? Wouldn't they start each trial without knowing what's happening and some of them must have seen what happens to survivors and killers who give up, because knowing this is now your life why would you participate. Which brings me back to Teachables how would a survivor retain the knowledge of a teachable perk if the start over with blank slates?

Even if that's true their memories are wiped,that would be a flaw in the lore and not your logic.

Also the Entity is omnipotent and knows of The Observer and Benedict,who regularly try to find ways of escaping the realm,so why not wipe there memories so they can drop the notion altogether.

Plus memories conjure and stir emotions up,which is the entity's main source of food.

• HoodedWildKard
    Options

Ok I miscommunicated my point. My personal belief is that when a surv dies or is sacrificed in a trial. Then the memory of that particular trial is removed when the entity resurrects them.

This means that as far as the survivor knows, if they die, it's permanent. Otherwise they would know that even if they are caught and hooked and sacrificed then they will simply come back.

• DashMonsta008XV
    Options

Oh I get what you're saying now, that definitely makes sense