"Wiggle" on ps4

I'd love if the "wiggle" was changed to a button press rather than a joystick side-to-side. If your side-to-side motion is slightly off-horizontal it doesn't register. Damages the controller too :)

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018

Wiggling is baby easy on console. It has a threshold, don't tornado the freakin joystick, just turn it at grandma speed.

• Manta
    Manta Member Posts: 117

Jack11803 said:

Wiggling is baby easy on console. It has a threshold, don't tornado the freakin joystick, just turn it at grandma speed.

But alternate buttons like PC would be better. L1/R1 for example
  • Jack11803

Well, in that case the threshold would be harder to meet. For the joystick just needs to be MOVED for it to register.

• Manta
    Manta Member Posts: 117
    Jack11803 said:

Well, in that case the threshold would be harder to meet. For the joystick just needs to be MOVED for it to register.

Interesting, it might even different for different people then because it's very specific for me and the bar disappears if the movement is slightly off-horizontal. Interesting 😀
  • Jack11803

Dont focus on speed AT ALL. Focus on moving the joystick as far from center as possible, then learn to do that casually. Your controller will never break after that. Cheers.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I think the wiggle on the left stick is just fine. I love the PS4 controls overall. They are well done.

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101

If that's true at all and not just utter BS speculation, then maybe a better in game indication of what is /isn't working would be the thing that's missing. Sure seems to me like my progression does not proceed quickly enough at all if I move the stick anything less than dozens of times per second