We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why I'm Back After 1 Year Of Quitting

Options
icemancat
icemancat Member Posts: 147

On October 9, 2021, I quit Dead By Daylight. I reached a point, a limit, whatever you want to call it that I just couldn't play the game anymore. However, after taking some time off to focus on myself and other things in my life, I overall improved my life. I don't even know why I'm posting this. I guess I just felt like sharing this with whoever is interested. Sometimes, I think a break is the best thing to do if something isn't working.

Comments

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,857
    Options

I've quit DBD on 3-4 occasions. Once right after release(ironically, about 5 days before the legacy prestige changes were made public, I still wish to this day that I recieve 2 more items for Legacy Meg as I had the BP to do so), once around late 2017, then played a bit on and off again in 2019, then had a 3-ish month break before I "truly" returned. And in between I've had a few weeks where I wouldnt be on at all either.

Its how I managed to keep finding the game interesting and fun enough to play. People take the "just play a different game" or "do something else" a bad argument because the game should be fun and they shouldnt feel frustrated after 3 hours of gameplay because other games dont have that either.

To that, I personally laugh, because the games they referred to are/were known to be the most salty or toxic communities. The reason they probably didnt notice, is because they barely played the game compared to DBD. I can say with 100% certainty, I dont play League of Legends anymore because everytime I came back, my teammates were toxic. I dont play Overwatch anymore, because everytime I played a strategic character that has to carefully place things and then be able to bait opponents in their traps, I was considered bad and horrible(I still have a clip where I basically got all 6 kills while doing nothing because I read them all like an open book), if I picked a character I was still a noob because I wasnt able to take down the opponent's tank efficiently enough.

DBD has, with all toxicity considered, quite a healthy community. Most toxic behaviour isnt actually toxic behaviour because the intent wasnt toxic. And even then, you can simply turn off End Game Chat and avoid all toxicity. Once you get frustrated, dont push on untill you are satisfied, just take a break. An hour, a day, a week, a month, a year, whatever you need untill you have fun again.