Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should we reintroduce stacks to Barbecue & Chilli to oncourage switching targerts

Ssajbambusa
Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
edited November 2022 in Polls

Before voting, hear me out. Also I would appreciate if only people who actually play both sides voted on this one. I don't really find the opinions of any kind of 'mains' to be valid in game which experience is so different from match to match and depending on the side you are on.

When BBQ had it's stacks, it was a real, real incentive to chase multiple people, often making killer look for the 4th player instead of tunneling, just so they can't find hatch without giving the killer their 100% bonus points at the end.

While IMO grind and points were never very hard (rituals, challanges, tutorial and now even player activity bonuses) it really was a fun minigame to get all 4 at least one.

I think perks that encourage this playstyle are very healthy for the game. No Way Out does it perfectly, while Grim Embrace is just horrible (literally any gen block perk will give killer more value without sacrificing the tunnel...). I would like the BBQ to yet again be such a perk - that incentivises killers to go for different people as soon as possible... but I don't want it to be useless or insignifficient.

Also keep in mind, that I don't want to discourage camping or tunneling. If someone wants to do it, it's their business. I don't want to punish people for it, but I want to give them a perk, that will REWARD playing differently.

-----

Here is the current perk if you need it for comparison: After hooking a Survivor, all Survivors who are at least 60/50/40 metres away from that Hook have their auras revealed to you for 4 seconds.

------

Proposition 1.

After hooking a Survivor, all Survivors who are at least 60/50/40 metres away from that Hook have their auras revealed to you for 3 seconds. Each survivor hooked for the first time grant a token which results in stackable bonus to the duration of auras revealed by this perk by 0,5 seconds. If all four survivors have been hooked at least once this bonus is further increased by additional 1 second. Tokens can not be gained if Exit Gates are already powered.

I really like this one as having aura reading is really strong at time. The perk starts weaker than original (3 seconds instead of 4), but grows stronger over the course of the game with potential to be twice as good. With all four stacks the aura will stay visible for 6 seconds (For comparison, current BBQ + Lethal Pursuer does exactly this). If I was a killer I would really push to get these tokens. I also added limitation so it's not possible to get the max reward (which is further increased at max tokens to encourage switching targets) after generators are done - mainly to prevent campers from getting it and reward people who really did switch targets up to this point.

-----

Proposition 2.

After hooking a Survivor, all Survivors who are at least 60/50/40 metres away from that Hook have their auras revealed to you for 4 seconds. Each survivor hooked for the first time grant a token which result in stackable reduction of the distance requirement of 1 meter. If all four survivors have been hooked at least once this bonus is doubled. Tokens can not be gained if Exit Gates are already powered.

This one is very similiar to the first proposition, but with stacks you can see survivors closer to the hooks. It goes down just by one meter per token, but when collecting all tokens this bonus is doubles for 8 meters total, resulting in aura reading starting at 32 meters from the hook - which is fitting number as it is terror radius of most killers. Powered Exit Gates condition is in place again to reward people who switch targets during the game and not just get bonuses after playing however.

-----

Proposition 3.

After hooking a Survivor, all Survivors who are at least 60/50/40 metres away from that Hook have their auras revealed to you for 4 seconds and grants you haste effect for the next 60 seconds. The haste effect is a stackable bonus granted by tokens. 1 token = 1% movement speed.

Each survivor hooked for the first time grants a token. Each survivor hooked for the second or third time removes a token. If perk reaches 4 tokens, these cannot be lost anymore. Tokens can not be gained if Exit Gates are already powered.

I find this one very interesting. It provides a haste effect which is stronger the more survivors you already hooked. You can loose your haste effect if you don't go for hooking every survivor exactly once - which is a real, real discouragement for tunneling. In my opinion, this one is the highest risk, but highest reward of all the propositions and I would be genuinely excited to see how it would effect the game. Initially I wanted the speed boost to be permanent, but I think that one minute of it after each hook is more fair.

Should we reintroduce stacks to Barbecue & Chilli to oncourage switching targerts 5 votes

Leave BBQ as it is now
20%
Chiky 1 vote
Do proposition 1 (Longer aura reading)
20%
ChurchofPig 1 vote
Do proposition 2 (Closer aura reading)
0%
Do proposition 3 (Haste effect)
40%
Ssajbambusatliff 2 votes
Do proposition's 3 haste stay forever, but be a separate perk.
20%
PSP 1 vote
Other.
0%
Post edited by Ssajbambusa on