The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do you do when survivor hide for over an hour and don't do gens?

Currently in a game where I have been walking around while watching Youtube at this point. It has been over an hour at this point and I have been unable to find them :(

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,469

too late maybe but record it, report them, secondarily report them on their website with a support ticket and they will get a temp ban for it

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,288

I always run whispers so I know the general area they’re in. I also play Doctor a lot so this BS doesn’t happen to me.

If I were you, I’d check the basement. If they’re not there, tab out and do something else and forget about Dbd. I would have given up at the 20 min mark and just watch a movie or show.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

What someone else said if that happens record it showing no gens have been worked on and that you can't find them.....if your not playing with Whispers or as a Killer that can pinpoint where they are they are holding the game hostage. Playing like that isn't playing the game that is griefing.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

Why wouldn't you just quit?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

In that situation I'd DC straight up. My time is more valuable than that.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

To be able to hide for over an hour is really interesting. That person must be the king of stealth.

But in all seriousness I think it's reportable

• Rootlo
    Rootlo Member Posts: 82

Listen for the Crows.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

I'd just leave the game. Even with a 5 minute penalty you get into a new game sooner than waiting for them to get bored. Maybe report them.

And report a bug here on this forum in the bug report section, too. From the patch notes of last midchapter patch: "Trials will now be forced to end after 1 hour", so the game should have ended automatically after an hour already.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Go afk and watch youtube. I'll let them bore themselves.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067
    edited November 2022

Check lockers, basement and the edges of the map.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I'd go AFK at that point, tbh. Just let them get bored and decide to finish the game.

• Stealthdoorknob
    Stealthdoorknob Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2022

EGC happens once the game gets to an hour now. So you can’t exaggerate the game taking longer than an hour. Killer mains always lying 🤥 come find me I’m in the basement 😂

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Go watch a show on netflix and after the game report them using 20 minutes of the hour they spent hidden as video evidence if i'm in a bad mood, or just move on post game if im in a good mood

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Shouldn't the game automatically end with them getting gobbled up by the entity after an hour? Grats, you didn't find the surv, but you found another bug

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

1 hour is still ridicious long time. Survivors have never hide more than 20 minutes from me before I have been able to locate them. But it's most unfun experience of dbd for sure.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Just leave, in that 1 hour u can farm many more bloodpoints. if survivorss choose to hide instead of doing objective or escape Devs need to add a timer or something

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,561

Try to find them out of spite. Once I realise they're not doing gens, I can vastly broaden my patrols. More often than not, they really do not expect me to come from behind them rather than from the area with the gens.

That said, it's never been an actual hour though. The longest I've ever seen was ~10 minutes. I'm a very patient guy when I've got the upper hand, though. I could probably last a full hour, out of spite alone.