Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Flashbang/Firecracker Collision Bug

6.4.0 introduced the Knight and a full list of bugs. One of them being an issue where Flashbang was unable to be dropped when your survivor is directly facing a wall/collision. BHVR Attempted to fix this and in Bug fix patch 6.4.1 It was listed as a fixed issue, however in the current build it is still an issue. Not only is it still an issue; but now a new glitch with Flashbang/firecrackers was made. Upon dropping a flashbang while losing collision with the killer; Flashbang will do an animation cancel and will not drop at all. Either this, or I will not be able to drop my flashbang at all. This is a perk/item breaking bug as collision loss is a huge mechanic in flashbangs/firecrackers. I am an avid user of flashbang and I am recognized in the community for running flashbang all the time on survivor. I would love for this bug to be fixed as soon as possible, and I hope this will not be one of those bugs that are left in the game for months.

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• _RupTurE_
    _RupTurE_ Member Posts: 112

I have experienced this bug many times since the hotfix.

I cannot drop the flashbang if the killer is next to me.

• _RupTurE_

to re-create, use the perk flashbang, or item Firecrack/party starter

Example

Step 1 : With the flashbang/firecracker in hand. Run up to the killer

Step 2 : Drop the flashbang/firecracker while running into the killer.

Step 3 : The animation plays but the item is not dropped.

Additionally: This can be done at a hook while the killer hits you and you try to drop the firecracker.

• Mjbro
    Mjbro Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Having the same issue, makes me not want to use the perk.

• MrBendiix
    MrBendiix Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 37

The flashbang also gets rolled back to your hand if you take a hit as you drop it, so you can't really hook save with them anymore. At least against a killer that is not brand new.

• _RupTurE_

It's probably the same bug, if you are basically next to the killer you can't drop the flashbang. And since they are hitting you... you are next to them. Being hit doesn't really have anything to do with the bug. It will happen even if they aren't hitting you. It's just an issue with the survivor and the killer collision. It plays the animation and everything, which is the worst part. It feels like the hit validation all over again.

I have a feeling they are going to keep it this way, but maybe make the prompt disappear like it does when you fall, walk down some stairs, or even some ramps. I know some areas on swamp where the prompt will go away in just the right spots as I have failed to drop flashbangs on time before due to those areas.