Please stop.

Options
MeanieDeeny
MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
edited December 2022 in General Discussions

Stop complaining about the limited time cosmetics. Just, stop.

Do you like the outfits? Buy them.

Do you not like them? Don’t buy them.

It’s so simple.

I logged in was like…cool, Mikaela…Kate…definitely Yun Jin, click..purchase…done. So easy.

Trickster? Nah.

Meg? Can’t stand Meg, but love the cosmetic..so prob yes, before Jan 4th.

So simple.

Why are you all in an uproar? 

I can’t get my frozen Pumpkin coffee year round either, but I’m not spamming their mailbox letting them know. I know soon my peppermint mocha will be gone another year…but here I am…accepting it. Stores are not selling Halloween costumes year round …or Christmas trees…..are you grasping the concept?

If you want it, buy it.

If you do not…move alone.

Why isn’t that the end?

Post edited by entertainment720 on

Comments

• BougieBlackChick
    BougieBlackChick Member Posts: 316
    Options

Im not understanding the whole issue. Trying to piece it together from all these posts is confusing. So what exactly is BHVR doing and what is the issue with it?

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

This, 100% this. I've never had trouble getting a seasonal flavor outside the season its from.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Then just... don't care, and FOMO has no effect on you

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,202
    edited December 2022
    Options

It seems pretty obvious isn't it?

I don't think most of the complainers even understand why they are complaining.

I smile every time I read "shady tactics". I wonder how many of these "straight arrows" are doing any business with Activision/Blizzard, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Take 2, Bethesda ... all having displayed real anti-consumer, manipulative and down-right scummy tactics.

If they do, their voice doesn't hold much weight, does it?

Without mentioning that in any business*, a time-exclusive sale (for any kind of event) is basic commerce. (And also increases the value of the item.)

*) Which BHVR is.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

I don't care about making NEW limited cosmetics, but dragging past Christmas cosmetics is disgusting

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

What exactly is "shady" about something done right out in the open? They announced their plans. There is no secret agenda here.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,079
    Options

I don't mind people talking about it. People are unhappy about it and should be allowed to say their piece

That said, these situations are when I REALLY wish BHVR forums had a "one thread per topic" thing. At this moment, there are SEVEN topics about this issue on page 1 (I didn't bother to check page 2 if anything had fallen off right away)

Say your piece, good or bad, but there's no reason for everyone to start their own thread for the same argument

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,687
    Options

Seasonal cosmetics are not predatory or morally questionable. All of this is pretty much yelling wolf when no wolf is there.

• WesCravenFan
    Options

That's a lot of words to say "It's mean because some people are weak so that makes the company evil."

I'm sorry, that sounds as dumb as "Coors selling a case of beer for 20% off is predatory towards alcoholics".

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,282
    Options

You make a good point. I need to immediately go to the Little Debbie website and DEMAND I be able to buy Pumpkin Spice Rolls year-round.

• WesCravenFan
    Options

So should we ban commercials for food at dinner time because it targets the vulnerable hungry?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,634
    Options

When people bring up comparisons to Epic, Blizzard, and Tencent it makes me cackle because that just makes it seem more immoral given those companies.

• WesCravenFan
    Options

I think you have "shady" confused with "changed their minds".

Shady is when a perk suddenly gets nerfed and conveniently left out of the patch notes.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I can understand why there is an uproar of this cause these kind of FOMO (fear of missing out) tactics do negatively impact people with poor money management skills

I do find their anger to be misdirected

They shouldn't be angry at bhvr for doing this. Without the exclusiveness the skins might not be lucrative enough and that would mean they just wouldn't make those skins at all

If bhvr can't pay the bills with skins anymore then they would have to increase the price of the base game/dlc

I'm 100% sure most people who are against the exclusive skins would be in massive uproar if that happened

Their anger should be directed at whatever social support their country has cause they should be giving classes to people who really suffer from poor money management

You don't cover every lake or body of water out of fear people can drown you learn them how to swim

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,634
    edited December 2022
    Options

Idk if they can afford to open an entire other studio in Toronto, can purchase Seattle-based development studio Midwinter Entertainment, and are estimated to have made over 300 million CAD in revenue this year, they could probably not implement practices to extort the most vulnerable out of their money even if it means opening a slightly smaller new studio.

Just food for thought. I don't think they're struggling for cash.

• MeanieDeeny
    edited December 2022
    Options

Can you not read?

I said if you like it, buy it. If you don’t, do not. If limited time cosmetics give you FOMO, that’s a you issue…”bud.”

• MeanieDeeny
    Options

Why is it shady? Buy it or don’t.

FOMO is a you issue.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285
    Options

Every single company wants to take your money, it's parent responsibility to control what they buy for their children.

These are still just SKINS we are talking about, literally something that does not influence gameplay at all, you are not required to buy them ever.

The fact that there are multiple threads about this now actually is so funny to me, people are so bored these days.

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331
    Options

I mentioned this in another thread but I might as well reiterate.

The issue isn't the cosmetics. It's the underhanded tactics of FOMO that prey on consumers' anxieties to brute force them into spending money. It's manipulative and it's predatory.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

I don't get all the complaints either, but just let them vent about it.

It's most likely people who want to complain about something all the time, they'll probably calm down after a while and find something else to complain about.

This discussion has been closed.