Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

[PC] Healing Issues

Valaias
Valaias Member Posts: 3
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

Hey guys, a pretty veteran DBD player here. Like many of the Cult of the Bill, I myself am a Bill main.

I pretty much exclusively play this game SWF, though I have seen this in my solo queue matches as well. Simply put: Bill is effectively unable to be healed. This problem exists not only while standing but proves especially prevalent on the ground. A breakdown of this bug is as follows:

1. Bill is unable to be healed from any frontward healing unless crouching and turning away from the healer (i.e. buttrubs). This isn't as prevalent of an issue, and I have experienced this both healing and getting healed by other survivors. However, in my recollection, I can heal almost any survivor shorter than Bill regardless of what way they are facing even though I naturally gravitate towards their back for the easiest input.
  2. This is the main bug. When Bill goes down teammates are unable to heal him back to an injured state. This isn't a problem with interfering actions (i.e. recovering while trying to get healed) or interfering inputs (i.e. crawling, spinning while someone is attempting to heal). My teammates can't even heal me in most matches when crouching, which I thought might have been the issue as well (given Bill's height).

Steps to Reproduce are as follows:

1. Get hit by killer into either the injured or downed state.
  2. Watch your teammates desperately crouch and walk over your body looking for the input to finally work.
  3. Enjoy getting flamed in Iridescent 1 Post-game TTV chat when they figure it's because you were recovering / writhing on the ground.

These steps have been reproduced not only in public matches but private as well. It does not always happen, but it happens frequently enough that I've probably lost a few hundred thousand Bloodpoints.

These bugs were not tested with a Medkit interaction but when I get multiple people on I will test the Medkit interaction as well and post a video from a private/public match if no-one else is suffering from this bug. The final basis question is as followed:

Am I doing something wrong? Are we all doing something wrong? Have other Bill mains received this same kind of ground-sucking torment? Is this bug prevalent on Console as well?

Edit 1: Bill is the same height as Vittorio & Jeff, to count the least. Yet, these problems don't seem to exist with these characters.

Edit 2: It is not limited to Bill but it is limited to me as a survivor. If no one else has this issue I can only assume it's user error.

Thanks for the input.

Post edited by Valaias on
1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• _RupTurE_
    _RupTurE_ Member Posts: 112

I only play Bill, P95. I've never had issues with people healing me up off the ground or healing me after unhooking, and they aren't required to be standing any place in particular. I can double check, but I think this is a you issue.

Maybe check if you have any other input devices plugged into your computer that could be interfering with the healing, or maybe sticky keys turned on where shift is being held down while you are not pressing it.

• Valaias
    edited December 2022

I will do some testing / research later today to confirm any findings or make any edits, but this has, at the minimum, directly affected my public matches. If I do find anything I will include a video clip. I do not have sticky keys enabled. I have no other input devices (neither pointer devices nor keyboards). These were good suggestions however.

This does remind me of a hardware issue I've been having however.. I will look into it.

• Valaias

I just tested it foran hour in several different custom matches. You're right on a few things.

1. It is a "me" problem. No one else seems to be having this problem.
    2. It is not limited to Bill as a character. It happens to me on Ace among other survivors as well.
    3. I can heal other characters perfectly fine.

After long periods of testing we've found that it is possible to heal me, but it's only possible in very, VERY specific areas that are often between one and two steps away from my body. Once they've gotten the healing prompt and have succeeded even just a little bit, then the entire action becomes accessible for them anywhere near my body.

I've restarted my computer and verified the integrity of the game's files. Nothing seems to be helping with this, but if this is not a bug then this is some malfunction on my part which I have no idea how to fix.

• _RupTurE_
    _RupTurE_ Member Posts: 112

That sucks, I hope you figure out what is causing the problems for you.