The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Buff suggestion for Nemesis

MrBendiix
MrBendiix Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 37
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I just had an idea that I feel could make Nemesis more fun and scary. And also fix some of the issues with his zombies.

First: For every generator completed, an extra zombie spawn, however that zombie does not respawn if killed. So if survivors want to get rid of them, they have to use a pallet or head on or something like that to actually kill them.

Second: Have the zombies have like an invisible 40m or so ring around them, if no survivor has been within that area for like 20-30 seconds, the zombie will then despawn and respawn closer to the survivors. That will help a ton on maps like red forest where the zombies always seem to get stuck on a tree in the corner.

I would love to hear what you guys think about the suggestion.

Have a good one :)

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited December 2022

Infection needs to actually mean something.

Extra zombies aren't going to happen, they've already stated this. The best alternative route is trying to make those 2 we have, much better.

Firstly just at base kit, zombies need to move faster, have a larger detection radius and field of view. They also need to improve their AI detection. I shouldn't be able to work on a gen with the zombie on the opposite side and he have no idea, just silly.

1. Per infected survivor zombies move 25% faster, gain increased field of view and detection radius
    2. Tentacle hits for infection shouldn't give a speed boost to the survivor
    3. Crouching shouldn't prevent getting hit by the tentacle. This is just stupid and shouldn't never existed in the first place.
    4. Cases should take longer to open and vaccines take longer to use
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

More Zombies will not happen. They tried when implementing him, but some systems had problems to deal with 5 players + more than 2 AI-Zombies.

IMO the only Buff I would give to Nemesis is that Infection done by Zombies does not grant a Speedboost. Because sometimes the Nemesis-Player is not using the tentacle on purpose and the Survivor can get a speedboost by running into a Zombie.

But other than that, he is fine. People who complain about the Speedboost on Infection like to ignore how easy it is to break Pallets or get Hits with the M2.

• FrodoTbaggins
    FrodoTbaggins Member Posts: 55

I'd say add a %reduction to skill checks while fully infected. Maybe not all skill checks, just healing? Could see all skill checks though.

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 369

Well we got bots now. And knight uses ai too. Maybe things have improved since then. Perhaps they could make more zombies work now.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

Still, with Bots you have only 5 "entities" in the Trial (7 if playing Nemesis). So no increase. Knight has AI, but also only one at a time.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,075

also improve this add-on please:

Survivors in general should not gain positive effects from killer powers. tanking hits with infection is silly. The infection should be positive advantage for the killer.

• MrBendiix
    MrBendiix Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 37

There is a video on youtube of people playing a modded version of the game that straight up has zombies everywhere, and their games seems to run just fine.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

You forget the original RE chapter literally killed the game on consoles for 3 months I don't think the modded PC players are the ones holding them back

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

Yeah Nemesis def needs a buff. It's a terrible perk.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 277

Is there any reason why the infection is giving the survivor speed boost even at Lv 3?

Before that, at the very least you are getting something in return by leveling up your power. Getting the option to break pallets/walls faster and the +1m extra range is nice.

But what are you obtaining at level 3 in return of giving the speed burst? Nothing at all. You are giving the survivors a free speed burst "because reasons".

At lv 3 the tentacle should injure the survivor even if not infected.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like multiple zombies are on the table for the current state of the game, which is definitely a shame. As for the zombies having that despawn condition, honestly, I'm for it- either that, or have them force despawn if they've been in the same position for a certain amount of time, just something to help them if they get stuck...

Overall I do think the only thing that needs buffs is the zombie AI/behaviour. Nemesis himself is severely underrated, he's quite good.

Gonna be real, this gag isn't getting any funnier.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

I actually think it is kind of fair that crouching can prevent a hit, because what else are you supposed to do? There is really not much you can do to prevent getting hit with it... I like the one about making zombies faster, maybe they will be more usefull then...

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Would you be okay if you could crouch to avoid PH's ranged attack?

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

At least pyramid heads power has some time it takes for it to reach the end, so you can dodge it to some degree. But Nemesis whip is basically instant in the point you press the button. If you make a suggestion for something else that could be used to avoid getting hit in some way or form that gives it some form of counterplay then I'm sure we can come to an agreement...

Also I would like to say that hitting people through walls is ignoring gameplay mechanics which is the reason why people hate nurse, yeah sure it is not the same thing but at least somewaht similar.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

And it isn't getting any less funny either, not to me at least :D