Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This chapter drove off 3 of the 4 remaining Twins mains.

Every time a major bad deal happens to Twins, one of the few remaining Twins mains quits the killer.

This chapter added a game-ruining bug for Twins that whose target fixing date was a month from now. So that’s one.

Twins’ on-release purple skin is going to become limited-time (because FOMO tactics will totally get more people to play Twins, right?). That’s two.

And the snowmen are coming back, a mechanic that’s supposed to be a silly goober experience and usually is but is the literal end of the world for a Twins player. And there goes number three.

Honestly, it’s kind of impressive that they managed to kill 75% of a character’s playerbase like that. That takes some mad skills.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's pretty sad getting nerf after nerf to the few of us that actually play them. The CoH meta is what pretty much sealed the coffin though. Had the same effect on most all hit and run killers for that matter though, which generally speaking are the weaker killers in the first place.

You want a hit and run meta as it encourages split pressure and chases. When killers know their injures don't matter because of CoH they just tunnel.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Isn't Lynxi the only one left at this point?

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590

I know it's a joke where people are okay with twins being broken, but it is sad at this point. Twins need some love soon, they are such a buggy mess, and they haven't done a thing. It reminds me of them leaving Nurse bugged for so long after her rework, where you could have game-breaking bugs every match. People were always like haha, I hope they keep it that way, but leaving a killer in a buggy mess isn't okay. It needs to be on high priority. They need to do a bug-fix thing to help twins now. They aren't even as old as Nurse, so I doubt rewriting the coding is an issue, so I don't know why they can't do it.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

The fact that Twins have a massive bug currently and fixing that got put off for a month shows that 1. Nobody plays Twins and 2. BHVR is kinda okay with that. I don't think any killer mains get screwed over the way Twins mains do on such a regular basis. Maybe Billy mains but I'm not even sure Billy mains still exist atp but at least Billy had his time to be great whereas Twins released bugged af got fixed was okay for a couple months and it's been nerf after nerf after bug after nerf after bug ever since.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

This is why the Knight chapter is so disappointing. They don't address things once they have your money. Two years later, maybe. The Twins were in the same spot as Knight on release. People really disliked the power and nothing has been done since. Completely abandoned.