Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Killer's Aura Visible when Undetectable

Chief_Ohnay
Chief_Ohnay Member Posts: 2
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Equip Fogwise, Alert, Object of Obsession, or other perks that show killer's aura. Alternatively, have a teammate with Kindred, or have the killer use Rancor while you are the obsession.

Step 3 : Play as survivor in a match (public or private) against a killer capable of becoming undetectable (Cloaked Wraith, Crouched Pig, Tier 1 Shape, Nightshroud Ghostface, Nightfall Dredge; or any killer using a perk or addon that allows them to become undetectable).

Step 4: Killer becomes undetectable by any means.

Step 5 : Complete any action that procs the killer's aura becomes visible to you.

Step 6: Notice that the killer's aura is visible to you even though they should be undetectable.

I observed this while a teammate was using Kindred and I was using Open Handed against a Ghostface whose terror radius disappeared but was still visible on Kindred's Aura reading while playing on Raccoon City Police Dept. East. I also was able to see his aura while he was cloaked thanks to hitting great skill checks while using Fogwise. In the next game, I was able to confirm I could see the killer's aura while undetectable as I could unmistakably see the aura of a crouched Pig while hitting great skill checks with Fogwise. Testing with other perks that show the killer's aura confirmed this bug for me.

1 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

This discussion has been closed.