We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Chat censorship filters are BAD

Chat filters are WAY too sensitive. A lot of totally appropriate words get censored.

Examples:

* you naughty

* tbag/teabag

* killed himself (on hook)

* smol pp (really?)

These are just from the top of my head. There are words that are literally part of the game that get censored.

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I literally tried to say “y’all played very well” and it censored it for whatever reason. I wish they’d leave it up to if I want chat censored or not. There should not be a forced censorship. Especially one this bad.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

I mean it is a 18+ rated game and we still need to be treated like children because words hurt and we cannot even disable this... I'm in my twenties and nothing some random child with terrible english writing can say will bother me in any way, so why do I have to go through all of this nonsense when it censors random stuff that is not even offensive, and no it is not reasonable to report every single word that occurs, why would I even have to? If you know the filter does not work killswitch it and figure out something else and don't let the community be your bug/play testers...

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

It's a game where we stalk 4 people, impale them on hooks and sometimes other terrible things.

But bro, if you say "Ladder"? GET CENSORED!!!! REEEEEE TRIGGERED BY LADDERSSSSS

• EeveeRawr
    EeveeRawr Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1

"irl" is censored, and so are certain killer's names. I think some form of Michael Myers is censored.

I agree, that the chat filters are too strict. I'm sure it's a tough line to build, because people can be very toxic even with the filters. Every other time you go to tell someone they did a good job, it says ###### making you look like a jerk. haha

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited December 2022

What can you expect from a system that censors "serial killer" in a game about serial killers...

At least they should add an option to deactivate it in the settings.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493

Censors down/downs, a core and integral mechanic of the game, as well as town, and many other things

The easy solution to this is literally just make the chat filter a toggle like every other game that exists, but for some reason they won't do that in the M-rated game about brutally murdering innocent people