We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Forum Feedback

Options
Mandy
Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,173

Welcome to our new updated Forums!

We know it's different and that change is always a bit strange, we want to make this forum feel as much of a home as the previous one did, it is a work in progress on some things as you can see.

We're happy to hear your feedback on the new forum and whilst we won't be able to implement everything we will do our best to get the forums to your liking! We'll keep the feedback to this thread so the Mods will be moving posts here, this is just so that we can keep track of the comments easily.

We do have a couple of known issues:

• Home Button on the top left of the bar - this is a temporary measure to assist our mobile users
  • Recent Discussions pulling from all games
  • New Post Count - this is showing too dark on the comments

Thank you all for the patience you've shown whilst we work on this.

Mandy

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 4,999
    edited December 2022
    Options

Is there something up with posting pictures or anything special we have to do now? The People demand pictures of Holly and Olive but every time I've attempted to post them, nothing shows up.

Edit: If helpful, I am attempting to upload photos from my phone on the mobile site

EDIT 2: The pictures are now uploading. Not sure if it was a "me" problem or not but whatever you did to fix it has fixed it for me at least...

Also, on the desktop, if you get a quoted message, you have to click on the bell and then actually click on the post to clear the bell (on old forum, clicking the bell is all you had to do to clear the ping). Could that be reimplemented please?

Then lastly on mobile, I'm not getting the red "you've got mail!" ping when people quote or message. You can click on your PFP to bring up the bell and see if you've been pinged but there is no ping or sign that someone has quoted you on mobile.

Post edited by tippy2k2 on
  • BillsHere101
    BillsHere101 Member Posts: 247
    Options

Revert the forum, please. I'm used to it now but it still looks bad and navigating through it sucks. Everything is white on my phone too.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    Options

I'm finding the forum too hard on the eyes, being just two colours and different font weights.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 2,970
    Options

That might be a neat touch.

Also, the Recent Discussions section is broken at the moment, it shows nothing but a blank screen.

• Mandy
    Options
  • Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

Dunno if this is a known issue but forum drafts are currently inaccessable.

• ReverseVelocity
    Options
  • skylarka
    skylarka Member Posts: 28
    Options

In Firefox, clicking the search bar does nothing. Basically, searching the forums is impossible in firefox. If I click the search button in the top right it opens the search bar, but I cannot type anything into the search bar and clicking on it does nothing. Clicking the search icon that appears in the search bar pops up with results for a search with no query.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I made a feedback post on this, but the polls are unreadable right now (at least on Chrome) :

The "new" mention is also almost impossible to see on desktop (it's fine on mobile) :

Hope this helps !

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,189
    Options

Yea, I gotta say I am not a fan of the new forums look... it's so... well, another put it perfectly... bland.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    Options

yeah, the colourchoices are a mess.

Also, kinda miss the information how often a thread has been viewed.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I don't know why but only your profile pic is showing up as like tiny dot for me. Everyone else's looks normal.

• Mandy
    Options

I got a small head!

(but in all seriousness, I have no clue why that is, I'll probably change picture at some point which should help)

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,244
    Options
  • Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

The "Recent Discussions" tab only shows ten threads, significantly fewer than the old forum used to display.

It would be great if you could bump that up to 20 or more, for ease of browsing.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

Recent Discussions doesn't have a sidebar.

Sidebar for reference:

Also I miss the forums having the DBD twitter feed on the side as well.

• Twenties20ka
    Twenties20ka Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 183
    Options

The markers blend in with the white background, and the "new" icon is very hard to see against the dark background. Could you change their color for better visibility? 

• Mandy
    Options

Unfortunately I do not have the control over that, it's in-built into the system, so you have to use the more button underneath to the left to see other recent discussions. Only 10 per page I'm afraid.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    edited December 2022
    Options

Could it be possible to make upvote option to keep different color after clicking? Sometimes I click the button and see the number goes down because apparently I've already upvoted the post/comment in past but it is not possible to tell after page refreshing...

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

That's unfortunate.

I can't speak to other people, but when I go to these forums, I just take a look through the Recent Discussions tab and browse quickly for any topic that might interest me. Sometimes this is a discussion, sometimes an announcement. Whatever it may be, it has to be a quick eye-catch.

I'm not going to hit a 'next page' for the same reason why the second page of Google results is so infrequently browsed: if there's nothing on the front page, the browsing ends.

I don't know how many other people have habits like mine, but at least to my limited sample size, the 10-limit is going to pretty significantly drive down engagement.

Now, I don't know if that's a metric anybody's concerned about, but if there's a hard cap based on the system, it seems like this isn't an ideal system for anybody.

Just my two cents.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

Page in the bug report category.

I am browsing from the mobile version.

It used to show many discussions on one screen, but now that it has been redesigned, it can only show about 3 on one screen. Even though there are 30 bug reports on one page.

I feel that the vertical width that a single report occupies is too large. It is now wasting more space than before.

• DarkBarbarian
    DarkBarbarian Member Posts: 87
    Options

The technical issues subforum disappeared, was that intended or an oversight?

• Mandy
    edited December 2022
    Options

That's intended, we do not offer Tech Support on the forums.

If Users wish to post a question for help from the Community, we have the Ask the Community sub category.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

Can the Polls forum get fixed?

• Polls are unreadable due to the color scheme.
    • I can't post new polls and it looks like no one else can either.
  • Mandy
    Options

That's something that's been flagged as an issue to the hosts support team, nothing that I can do on our side I'm afraid except wait for a fix :(

• ByeByeQ
    Options

Is it possible to get an ignore user option on this forum?

While most users on this forum are nice, respectful and add to discussions there are a couple less productive, mostly antagonistic members that never contribute to discussions that I would love to be able to put on my ignore list and not have to read their posts.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

They added an ignore list, I'm pretty sure?

Also I don't want to double post so I'm gonna quickly say - I'm not really the biggest fan of the new forums at all. Everything feels so disjointed, it's a pain to navigate and idk the old layout was pretty good and looked clean. Not really a fan of how it looks in general

Need more time to formulate more accurate feedback but yeah.

• ByeByeQ
    edited December 2022
    Options

Oh thanks. These new forums are so scrappy I just assumed it wasn't an option. My bad.

I'll unignore you now. 😜

Edit: Yeah the Ignore list doesn't work as intended. If I go to a user's profile and click their name and select Ignore it does nothing. I actually had to go into my ignore list to add someone to the ignore list. When I try to Unignore it does the confirmation dialogue but doesn't actually unignore that user.

I can't actually unignore Brokenbones now. 😨

2nd Edit: I can't even reproduce ignoring someone. I can't add the person to the ignore list I want on it and I can't unignore a person I don't want ignored. The system is completely broken.

3rd Edit: Ok I got it to do what I wanted but there is definitely still some issues like lag in displaying the info correctly or something.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 870
    edited December 2022
    Options

I'm not really a fan of every thread giving a preview of the first few lines of the first posts, hashtag etc - this isn't really useful information and just makes the page really cluttered, particularly on mobile where one or two threads can now take up your entire screen. I think being able to just see the titles is better and more streamlined to find the discussions you want.

Also, is there a light mode? I really struggle to read light words on a dark background. I know the old forum was like this, but whilst things are changing I was wondering if this was something that could be included.

• Mandy
    Options

Unfortunately there is not a light mode, we do not have that functionality to switch between modes like that I'm afraid.

I will have a check in with what we can do re the discussion information showing up and see if I can limit it, even if it's just limited on mobile.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 870
    Options

It's not a massive issue, but thank you for taking the time to confirm and looking into the discussion information.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 4,999
    Options

I don't know if this is "feedback" but I don't know where else to go with it...

If you start typing a response to a thread that is then deleted while you're typing your post, the "MY DRAFTS" goes nutter butters with drafts

There are currently eight "Drafts" in "MY DRAFTS" from that thread that was just deleted for being naughty and breaking the rules.

• bm33
    Options

I guess you can make a comment with nothing in it now? I went to scroll up on a post but because I'm on my phone I accidentally hit the "post comment" button and an empty comment was added to the post. On old forum you'd get an error message to prevent you from posting a comment without writing anything.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,020
    Options

Hi, this is just a short summary of stupid changes/implementations of the new forum ui on mobile since i am on this forum exclusively from my smartphone:

1. Notification button is hidden behind the profile button.

Why do I need to open that extra tap to see my notifications? It took a week before i even knew where it had gone and only noticed because I tilted my phone and then all buttons become visible on screen simultaneously. I don't need to see that i am in the DBD forum with the logo, better show me that i have new notifications/messages directly ON SCREEN.

2. Whose idea was it to make the "New" note on discussion black on a dark background? 🤣🤦

Same with the dot that shows which notification you havent read, also black on black.

First pic, new notification dot being unrecognizable

Second pic, comparison of headline in vertical (also the logo clips over several other things)

Third pic, the dark "new" signature that others have already mentioned and the missing notification on the top compared to vertical mode.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

The new "New" looks great, much easier to read ! =)

• Luceus
    Luceus Member Posts: 76
    Options

Ok, this is just annoying, half of the stuff I post needs to be "validated by a moderator". I post a comment BOOM waits for validation, edit a comment BOOM wait for validation and guess what you're gonna have to wait HOURS for it to be validated since it's been like what? Over 4 hours and those comments still weren't validated. Could you guys PLEASE remove this annoying feature. There already is a report button to prevent bad stuff.

• Mandy
    Options

This is our anti spam feature and I'm afraid that will not be removed. The forum gets absolutely inundated with pages upon pages of spam if that feature is not active.

• Luceus
    Luceus Member Posts: 76
    Options

ok but what about editing comments? How does it work as anti spam?

• Mandy
    edited January 2023
    Options

Because part of spam protection is to protect comments which seem innocent, then the user goes in and makes an edit to add spam links etc

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    edited January 2023
    Options

When I search for something and it takes me to the search results page, if I try to type something into the big search bar it seems to input text but I can't see the text. Trying to highlight it doesn't work, either. But the text seems to be there because if I press enter whatever new stuff I typed is added onto the original search.

In other words, that big search bar on the Search results page is confusing and useless because the entered text isn't visible.

Browser: Google Chrome

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

Is there a plan to change colours on the DbD section of the forum? Because it's way too dark sometimes.

• bm33
    Options

When I check to see if I have notifications the bell isn't getting that little red notification thing anymore, I have to go into notifications to see a list of unseen notifcations. Noticed this after I've commented on posts, I'll see there's been activity and when I go to see the new comments I've had people quote me.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    Options

Hi. Long time listener, first time caller here.

These forums look awful. This is the definition of trying to fix what isn't broken and making it substantially worst in the process. Why does 3/4th of the screen need to be taken up by blank margins? It's like I'm on a mobile website while actually being at my desktop. I know, I know, some corporate genius might mistake that as a compliment. I assure you, it is not.

These forums should revert themselves. NOW.

• ReverseVelocity
    Options

Do you think you could reimplement the icon that appeared next to a post whenever a Mod/BHVR employee responded to a post (specifically on the Recent Discussions section, it's already a thing if you're browsing individual categories)? It was very handy to see what posts had got a dev response from just browsing.

Also the red/blue highlight that the comment/post got was handy for finding said comment quickly.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,205
    Options

I noticed that some users (including myself at some point) have a sort of bio on their profile. I accidentally deleted mine, but I can't find where I could edit it again. I'm assuming we simply can't.

GBK has one right now, as does Cheers. The latter having one, and the actual text it features imply it's the same text as the first post on their wall. I recall my own bio also being the same text as my first wall post.

Would it be possible to edit the bio's for ourselves?

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
    Options

Really don’t like the new design feels awkward and cumbersome,also very dated layout and concept.I get the idea of why it was changed but the previous layout was much better and far more user friendly and unless I’m missing something didn’t seem broken.