Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Constant Server Disconnect Despite All Troubleshooting Steps

Anthony_Sausages
Anthony_Sausages Member Posts: 6
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

Step 1: Boot Game

Step 2: Play as either Killer or survivor

Step 3: Play 5-7 games, game will be disconnected from the server no matter perks, items, interactions, time of day

It is not my internet connection, game files, background programs, router security protocol, etc.. Extremely confident it is server sided. I am unable to play the game without constant disconnects. Below are the troubleshooting steps I have taken, attached to this are screenshots and my logs. I have played 400 hours without any disconnects,--since the 6.4.1 patch, I have had constant disconnects and am no longer able to play due to ban times for que.

Troubleshooting steps taken: (Ticket number was 1164142 before the support team gave up)

1. Verify game files on steam

2. Hard reset of router/modem and PC

3. Uninstall and reinstall the game

4. Check my internet speed, and connectivity--worked with ISP, no record of dropped connection or issues detected. Speed and connectivity are more than adequate for DBD (download 420 mbps, upload 12 mbps)

5. Ran Ping test to google server while playing--when the game disconnected, the ping test showed I never dropped the internet connection and latency stayed constant and low

6. Reset internet connection (flushing DNS)

7. Checked NAT type and made sure my router is not limiting the game (UPnP is enabled and I'm port forwarding DBD--these were not enabled before, and once they were it did not fix the issue)

8. All graphics and audio drivers were updated

9. Used different perks and items, both killer and survivor, there is no connecting thread between disconnects

10. My system exceeds the requirements to run the game

11. DirectX and Windows are all up to date

12. Uninstall and reinstall C++ 2010,12, 13, 15-22, and DirectX

(Edit) 13. Clean reboot done, still encountering disconnect issues, not affected by background program

Post edited by Anthony_Sausages on
1 votes

Pending · Last Updated