Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

[VISUAL BUG] - Auras are reflected on reflective surfaces

Alionis
Alionis Member Posts: 1,024

First off: this is not a major thing and probably less of a bug and more of an oversight when programming how auras work in the game. Still, I wanted to report it so it's known.

I originally noticed this behavior when playing Scratched Mirror Myers on RPD and suddenly saw three survivor auras instead of just the one I was stalking through the walls. I went to investigate in a custom game with a friend after the match and noticed the source of what I saw earlier.

In the East Office, there are three cabinets placed alongside the wall towards the corridor that have reflective glass surfaces. However, they don't just reflect the environment, but also auras that are revealed to you through walls, including gens, survivors, totems, etc.

I tried some other reflective surfaces after that and all showed this behavior. Since that is not how light rays work, I believe that that is unintended behavior of reflections.

Again, this is nothing major, it's mostly to inform the devs about it.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated