Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Repeated, inexplicable crashes on xbox series x

I came back to dbd after a long break to join in the Halloween event. Crashed a couple times during that event, but I didn't think a couple crashes were notable at the time. I decided to play through the winter event to get the unlocks and complete the current rift. Since then, I have been subject to so many crashes that, at the time of writing, I have a 6 hour matchmaking ban. I have no idea what's causing the crashes, only that they occur in the middle or towards the end of matches. To give a few examples that I can remember, I've crashed:

-After being speared by Deathslinger and during the reel in.

-After being picked up by Wesker and struggling while being carried to a hook

-After being unhooked by a teammate and running to a nearby tile because the Knight was returning to the hook.

Of these crashes, all but three of them have resulted in the game freezing for a half second, then auto closing the game and returning me to the dashboard. The remaining three resulted in a freeze for multiple seconds, along with a loud whining noise from the audio locking up, followed by the console shutting itself off entirely. I have attempted the following to solve the issue:

-Hard reset the console three times

-Redownloaded the game twice

-Unequipping all archive challenges, because I had heard that having them equipped may be currently causing intermittent crashing

I've had about 2-3 crashes per day on average, of varying lengths between them. One evening I had no crashes. Another evening I had two in a row. If anyone has any insight on how to potentially fix this issue, that would be great. If not, I hope it can be fixed soon. I've got four levels left on the rift, but at this rate the ban timer is going to become longer than the rift timer.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated