If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New merciless killer requirement.

Options
Milo
Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Welp, I hope they change a little it before it goes live, because I don't want to slug for 4K everytime for a new adept.

Comments

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,867
    Options

I mean, personally I would say the adept challenge can do with a 4th perk, as long as they use their personal 3 perks. Everyone has access to common perks in the first place, so why not allow the 4th slot to be any random perk?

Other than that, 3k+hatch should give Merciless. Hatch doesnt spawn untill everyone else is dead in the first place and slugging for the 4k should really be discouraged.

• Paxtonize
    Paxtonize Member Posts: 43
    Options

"Achieve a merciless victory with "X" by finishing a trial without a single survivor escaping through the exit gates while using only (his / her / its) 3 unique perks in a public match."

Some folks also tend to disconnect if the killer feels like getting a 4k by slugging the third survivor. This would help prevent this scenario.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    Options

Someone DCing or bleeding out would already rob you of an adept. Ending the game too fast? No adept. No idea why this new system is a problem to anyone. It's not that hard to get a 4k if you just give it a few attempts.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

It's still far, far better than the old adept.

Currently, not only do you have to get a 4K, but you have to get 12 hooks, and you have to make sure you get plenty of hits, and the survivors don't heal to much, and you use your power correctly/incorrectly depending on the killer, because some killer powers work against your rating...

Now all you have to do is get a 4K. Sometimes that doesn't even require slugging, sometimes the 4th survivor is just there.

• MakeThemScream
    MakeThemScream Member Posts: 56
    Options

I had that happen to me last december with huntress. The last survivor was on second hook, but escaped through the hatch and I got the achivement. I hope that was not a bug.

Also I think the new requirements are way easier than the old ones and I am very happy about the upcoming changes. I had so many 4ks without getting the adept and that was frustrating.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 427
    Options

That is a concern which is going to suck, hopefully DC's are treated as kills towards it, on the bright side though, no more failed Adept's because of broken emblem's.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,051
    Options

This is a lot better than the current one, since it's independent from pips and grades.

There was a bug years ago which gave you Merciless at 4k independent of your pips and it was a blessing to get adepts done. Back in these days all your killers responded to your grade (or better: Rank) and said Rank was used for matchmaking. This meant that if you got to Rank 1 with Nurse but wanted to do Trapper's adept, you were pretty much screwed because you were facing experienced survivors.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

That wasn't a bug, if your grade was low enough, you didn't have to have all iridescent emblems to get merciless.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I think it's a good change.

4Ks are not that hard to get organically after playing a few games, so I wouldn't say it would necessarily make slugging for the 4K obligatory.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Your numbers are a little off on the current merciless requirements, you only need minimum 9 hooks and if you had iridescent on the other 3 emblems you could afford to let the 3rd get hatch and still get it.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,048
    Options

they did say that DC counts as a kill for the purpose of the achievement. still worth looking at 3k + hatch as an option