The worst feeling about using We'll Make It is not never getting to use it...

Options

...it's when you're 3-6 metres away from arriving to unhook a team mate, but then he self-unhooks in your face, so you need to go through a 16 second heal.

Can you name any other examples of fail moments regarding Survivor perks where you were robbed of a perk use because of lack of communication? I say lack of communication because if that team mate were my friend, he of course would not try to self-unhook in my face, as he knows I always run We'll Make It.

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Oh, you sweet summer child.

Even with communication I get robbed !

Before the game :

Me, to my duo pal : Okay so remember how I have We'll Make It and never take it out of my build because it's a great perk

Him, watching a video : Yeah sure

In game, as a survivor is hooked :

Him : unhooks in my face sorry, forgot

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

Wake Up. Sometimes those seconds really matter and I can't convince fellow teammate to let me open.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,917
    Options

Now try running We'll Make It with Renewal and watch as the survivor you just unhooked runs halfway across the map to let their friend help heal them with you.

• eastrock87
    eastrock87 Member Posts: 51
    Options

What's your full build that has these two perks? Right now I've settled on one build that fits me, but I'm curious about experimenting still.

• Seraphor
    edited January 2023
    Options

Typically I run Kindred, Prove Thyself, We'll Make It and a fourth which is sometimes Renewal, but usually something for self-preservation, like a healing or exhaustion perk.

Kindred + We'll Make It is really the bread and butter of it. Can plan the most optimal hook rescues, when I'm the closest and no one else is going for it, plus when the killer has gone so it's less likely for the unhooked survivor to run away from the hook. In theory...

• eastrock87
    eastrock87 Member Posts: 51
    Options

I also use Kindred, even if I were not to combo it with We'll Make It, that perk still offers a ton of value, such as towards what direction the Killer is headed after hooking someone.

Your build sounds good and I have tried some that are similar in the past, where the fourth would be Sprint Burst just like you said you use exhaustion.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    edited January 2023
    Options

Deliverance. I always get the Deliverance curse. Always.

In a similar vein - Sole Survivor. I went through tons of matches being the last one alive. As soon as I get it off the SoS I get tunneled out every game lol.

• Forza
    Forza Member Posts: 109
    edited January 2023
    Options

here's a good we'll make it build. don't run kindred. instead run empathy so you can start moving to the survivor's location before they are hooked. also will let you track down people you need to heal after activating it. empathy also combos well with flashlight/toolbox sabotage users.

also run distortion. this way if the killer has bbq or some other aura tracking ability they won't target you as you make your advance on the hook.

run self-aware or lightweight so you can more easily hide scratch marks as you make your advance on the hook.

distortion and self-aware/lightweight can also help you avoid being targeted first by the killer when the match starts so you're not the survivor being tunneled out if the killer decides to do that.

lastly, i'd use overcome. just imagine you've unhooked a survivor and killer hits you -> overcome is the one perk that will help u escape dead zone and get to a pallet/vault without being downed yourself.

• catnipthegreat
    catnipthegreat Member Posts: 81
    Options

Most "we'll make it" people heal under the hook--- and these days cant even do that because the killer is either closeby proxy camping... or they return swiftly to the hook after an unhook anyway.

it has become much more difficult to make useful these days

• jajay119
    Options

Isn't it active for like 90 seconds? That's plenty of time to move away from the hook and heal.

It baffles me the way people get angry over you not healing them at the hook when the killer has done nothing but proxy camp the entire match and then they wonder why everyone dies lol.

• Seraphor
    edited January 2023
    Options

Conversely, I often get people who insist on spending 30 seconds running halfway across the map, I start to heal them, the TR appears because the killer did come back to the hook and followed our scratch marks, and they break away from me at 60-90% progress triggering a failed skill check. If they just stayed under the hook they'd have been healed in 8 seconds, well before the killer returned. The killer will have caught us either way, but at least they'd have an extra health state. Instead, they just go straight down again.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

I'm sorry but I'm not ready for love. I barely tolerate myself on any given day

• AverageKateMain
    Options

I hate it so much when I 99 a gen cause 3 gens exist and someone does it in the 20 seconds I left the gen. The only reason it hasn't been getting punished is the killer is over committing. Otherwise, it's ggs

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

I always run we'll make it when I play survivor, although I usually duo with my friend so there's more chances for me to get it off.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    edited January 2023
    Options

This is why I usually never try to unhook myself in front of a teammate, because of the chance I'm screwing them over with a perk that requires them to unhook someone (eg. WMI, WGLF, Deli).

The one exception is if Devour Hope is in play, because self-unhooking actually denies the killer a token in that case (even if they are further than 24 meters, it does not count).

• jajay119
    edited January 2023
    Options

What happened to 99ing gens man? This used to be a mutually understood thing years ago - an unwritten rule, if you will. You run to a gen, see it's been left on high, particularly late in the game, and know it's been done strategically. These days people just think 'oh, I'll finish this for the BP' and then you're stuck in a 2/3 gen with nothing to distract the killer.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    Options

Happend that killers don't give a ######### about this gen and just stick to their almost-set-3gen anyway because they have more than enough instruments to defend it once it's set. Moreover, this 99 could be lost easily bc of current meta. One unlucky scorge hook/eruption/surge/call of brine while you are too busy to save the gen and your 99 is zero now with 89 seconds of repairing lost in vain. Just why? Isn't it better to spend those 89 seconds breaking an actual 3-gen if you are one gen away from it?

Anyway, haven't seen tactically 99d gens for a while. Furthermore, haven't seen a situation when strategically 99d gen could make any difference for a while, too.

• AverageKateMain
    Options

And since we are currently in an Eruption meta, people 3 genning is basically a death sentence