what is your genre preference for music?

Options
dgbug
dgbug Member Posts: 152

i'm just curious

what is your genre preference for music? 21 votes

rap (all subgenres of rap included, boom bap, trap, drill, etc)
14%
dgbugbarbabietolabornjoni 3 votes
rock
23%
Robotfangirl67FobboLekitzulWowieCBT137 5 votes
metal
33%
Lx_maliceNun_So_VilePhasmamainStroggzHugTheHagOrangeBearJylppy 7 votes
pop
9%
versacefengTheo_Urista 2 votes
indie / alternative
0%
reggae
0%
blues
0%
dnb
0%
video game music
19%
GentlemanFridgeThat_One_FriendIron_CutlassLuthirFontaine 4 votes
ambient
0%

Comments

• dgbug
    edited January 2023
    Options

i'll start off! :D

ok edit: i voted for rap. i am a lil stupid and posted this BEFORE i voted. :P BLEHH

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,233
    edited January 2023
    Options
    video game music

I can vibe to practically anything (except maybe screaming metal), as soon as it has a sense of familiarity to it. Last week, I caught myself vibing to a full half hour loop of mario kart wii's version of the gameboy bowser castle course.

Also FNaF SL custom night music is my go-to "i need to focus" music. Very specific, but haven't found anything that worked for me like Venta Black 10h loop does.

Also also, whatever you want call this. I cannot describe it as anything other than stimulating.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,520
    Options
    metal

Mostly a metal person but I like some folk music too

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,141
    Options
    metal

I honestly don't really know much metal music or bands but whenever there's a metal track in a video game ost (like legion's music) it's usually one of my favourites.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    edited January 2023
    Options
    metal

I'm into metal and rock mostly, along with some video game music, with a strong dislike for rap. I don't really care for pop, but if I like something that's been done with a song (like, if it was used for an animation I like), it will grow on me. From this, basically any genre is fair game if there's been something cool done with it that I watched a bunch.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options
    rock

I go in different modes. I usually like rock, nu metal, lofi and the occasional celtic music. I also like moody slow music that I have been told is sad sounding, but I am not sure what it would technically be labeled as.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,002
    edited January 2023
    Options
    metal

If you saw the last one of these with @FridayNightPizza and I, then ya already know.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,002
    Options
    metal

When I write it's either Ambient, electronic/big beat, or Rock & Metal too. Most of my recent writing has felt somewhere between Symphonic Metal and Gothic Metal.

• dgbug
    Options

Yes, I did. :)

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Options
    metal

Doom metal, sludge metal.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375
    Options
    video game music

I listen to history podcasts/ Warhammer lore in the car🤓

• GhostFace79
    GhostFace79 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I cannot vote as i listen to. Bit of everything!?? But i cannot listen to most modern music, just don't care for it. I listen to alot of 70s 80s and 90s music.

• Loranceback
    Loranceback Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options
  • That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 273
    Options
    video game music

Im sorry but PORTAL *chefs kiss*

• darcywell1
    darcywell1 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Rap music is my favorite genre. It speaks to me on a deep level, with its powerful lyrics, catchy beats, and smooth flow. From old-school legends like Tupac and Notorious B.I.G. to modern-day greats like Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole, there's something about rap music such as ranboo that just gets me pumped. As a lover of him, I am wearing ranboo mask. Whether I'm in the car or at the gym, I love bumping to my favorite rap tracks and feeling the energy they bring.