We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Musicians As Survivors

Options
Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,665
edited January 2023 in Creations

So as a little bit of fun I decided to pose myself a question: If some of my favorite musicians were survivors in Dead By Daylight, what would their unique perks be?

Here's what I've come up with:

Anthony Kiedis: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Anthony Kiedis comes with 3 unique perks: Around The World, C'mon Girl, and Get On Top

Around the world: You are intimately familiar with the lands you occupy. At the start of the trial, you see the aura of two generators, one totem and one chest for 10 seconds. You see the auras of these objects whenever you are within 16/20/24 meters of them.

"I Know, I Know for sure that life is beautiful around the world"

Around The World unlocks at level 30

Get On Top: You impulsively do the opposite of whatever you are told to do. Get On Top starts the trial with 3 tokens. Whenever you would be affected by the hindered status effect, you instead gain a 5%/6%/7% haste effect and one token is consumed.

"Set you up to get on top"

Get On Top unlocks at level 35

C’mon Girl: You often share intense, but short-lived bonds with others. Reduces your chances of becoming the obsession. You gain a 40%/45%/50% boost to healing speed when healing the obsession. You see the aura of the obsession when you are within 12 meters of them. Whenever you heal the obsession to the healthy state, a random survivor that isn’t you becomes the obsession.

"Everything Inside of me is burning up for you to see"

C'mon Girl unlocks at level 40

Kevin Parker: Tame Impala

Kevin Parker comes with 3 unique perks: Yes I'm Changing, Mind Mischief, and Patience

Yes I’m Changing: Change is a constant for you. Whenever you are healed to the next health state, you gain a 7% boost to movement speed for 25/30/35 seconds.

"Yes I'm changing, Yes I'm gone, Yes I'm older, Yes I'm moving on"

Yes I'm Changing unlocks at level 30

Mind Mischief: An altered state of mind helps you work. While holding a medkit, press the secondary action button to consume 33% of it’s charges and activate Mind Mischief for 50/55/60 seconds. While Mind Mischief is active, the success zone of good and great skill checks are increased by 33%.

"Feels like my life is ready to blow"

Mind Mischief unlocks at level 35

Patience: You take your time, to make sure the project you’re working on comes out as good as can be. You start the trial with a -15% debuff to generator repair speed. Whenever you hit a great skill check, gain a token, up to a maximum of 8/9/10. Each token grants you a 3% boost to generator repair speed. Missing a skill check will remove 4 tokens.

"I've been waiting here, waiting for the day to come"

Patience unlocks at Level 40

Aaron Bruno: AWOLNATION

Aaron Bruno comes with 3 unique perks: A.W.O.L., Sail and Hollow Moon

A.W.O.L.: You excel at making quiet exits that no one notices. While you are in a chase, A.W.O.L. charges up, taking 25 seconds to fully charge. When A.W.O.L. is fully charged, press the secondary action button to hide your scratch marks and pools of blood for 8/9/10 seconds.

"Hey, where'd Aaron go? Is he AWOL again?"

A.W.O.L. unlocks at level 30

Sail: You are easily distracted from your current objective. Sail starts the trial inactive, and becomes active after working on generators for a total of 20 seconds. When Sail becomes active, you suffer a -8% penalty to repair speed and you see the aura of one of the following

• A Locked Chest
  • A Totem
  • A Survivor

Sail remains active until one of the following actions is completed:

• Unlocking a Chest revealed by Sail
  • Cleansing or blessing a Totem revealed by Sail
  • Performing a cooperative action with a Survivor Revealed by Sail
  • Working on a generator for 20 seconds.
  • Starting a Chase with the killer

"Blame it on my ADD baby"

Sail unlocks at level 35

Hollow Moon: 

You are prepared to make a deal with the devil to achieve your goals. While injured, press the secondary action button to become broken for 60 seconds. While you are broken, you cannot be affected by the following status effects:

• Hindered
  • Mangled
  • Hemorrhage
  • Blind
  • Oblivious
  • Deafened
  • Incapacitated

If you are affected by any of these effects when you activate Hollow Moon, they are removed.

After the effects of Hollow Moon end, it goes on cooldown for 40/35/30 seconds.

“Imma make a deal with the bad wolf so the bad wolf don't bite no more”

Hollow Moon unlocks at level 40

I will most likely add more to this post as I come up with more ideas for perks for musicians I like.

If your favorite musicians were survivors were survivors in DBD, what would their perks be?

Post edited by Chordyceps on

Comments

• Chordyceps
    Options

I have come up with another batch of 3 musicians I like and what their perks would be.

Kele Okereke: Bloc Party + Solo Work

Kele Okereke's unique perks Hunting For Witches, The Other Side and The New Rules help him provide information, make his tools last longer and work on generators faster.

Hunting For Witches: You refuse to let wrongdoings go unnoticed. When a survivor is hit by the killer’s basic or special attack within 24/28/32 meters of you, the killer’s aura is revealed to all survivors for 6 seconds.

“I go hunting for witches, heads are going to roll”

The Other Side: You believe that upheaval brings revival, and enjoy it. Whenever you are hooked, your item regains 50% of its charges. When a survivor other than you is hooked, your item regains 10%/15%/20% of its charges.

“With change comes the opportunity for rebirth, which is my favorite kind of experience”

The New Rules: You’re not afraid to experiment. While working on a generator, press the active ability button to activate The New Rules. While The New Rules you gain a 10% boost to repair speed, but you face constant difficult skill checks with no great skill check zones. Missing a skill check will apply an additional regression penalty of 7%/6%/5%.

“I’m learning to be laid back about things”

Yannis Philippakis: Foals

Yannis's unique perks The Runner, Mountain at My Gates and Into The Surf help him overcome great challenges and hard times.

The Runner: Even when you fall down, you must keep on running. The Runner starts with 2 tokens. Whenever you would be put from the healthy state into the dying state, a token is consumed and you instead enter the injured state. When a token is consumed, an 8/10/12 second countdown begins. At the end of this countdown, you enter the dying state.

Shadow, see how far I go

Step by step I'll keep it up, I won't slow, I gotta go

Mountain At My Gates:

You face seemingly insurmountable obstacles head on.

For every generator remaining in the trial that needs to be repaired, gain a 1% boost to repair speed. Once all generators have been repaired, gain a 6%/8%/10% boost to Exit Gate opening speed for each generator you completed.

“I see a mountain in my way

It's looming larger by the day

I see a darkness in my fate

I'll drive my car without the brakes”

Into The Surf:

A death away from your homeland is a tragedy that must be avoided at all costs. Every time you are hooked, Into The Surf gains a token. Every token you possess grants a permanent 3%/3.5%/4% boost to movement speed.

“And if I don't make it home

Wrap the jasmine round my bones

A blood moon for me

A garland in the sea”

Maynard James Keenan: Tool + A Perfect Circle + Puscifer

Maynard's unique perks Reflection, Pushit and The Outsider help him aid his teammates, slow the killer and remain hidden.

Reflection:

You like to stay in the back and let others take the spotlight. While you are hooked, all other survivors gain an 8%/9%/10% boost to action speed.

“I may find comfort here

I may find peace within the emptiness

How pitiful”

Pushit: You are highly trained in Brazilian Jui-Jitsu. Whenever you stun the killer by any means, the killer suffers from a 5%/6%/7% hindered penalty for 5 seconds, starting after the stun ends.

“Who am I to judge or strike you down?

But you're pushing and shoving me”

The Outsider: You are often described as a bit of a recluse. Every 30 seconds you are not within 24 meters of another survivor or the killer, TBN gains a token, up to a maximum of 6/7/8. Every token you possess reduces the brightness of your scratch marks by 10% and makes scratch marks fade .5 seconds sooner. Taking damage by any means will cause you to lose 2 tokens.

“Help me if you can

It's just that this

Is not the way I'm wired, so”

• Chordyceps
    Options

Here's another batch of musicians, this time each with very different music styles:

Franck Hueso, aka Carpenter Brut

Franck's 3 unique perks, Showtime, Silent & Mysterious, and Leather Terror help him make a strong entrance, stay hidden and empower stuns.

Showtime:

You prefer to be by yourself, but when it’s time to be seen you refuse to disappoint. Whenever you start a chase with the killer,  you gain a 7% speed boost for 4/5/6 seconds. After your speed boost ends, your aura is revealed to the killer for 6 seconds. This has a cooldown of 60 seconds.

Silent & Mysterious:

You prefer to place more emphasis on your work than yourself. Your aura cannot be read while within 8/10/12 meters of the killer. For every generator that is completed, this range is increased by 12 meters.

Leather Terror:

Your work carries great intensity behind it. Whenever you stun the killer by any means this perk gains a token, up to a maximum of 2/3/4 tokens. Every token you possess increases the stun time of pallet stuns by .5 seconds. Getting hooked removes 1 token.

Kurt Vile:

Kurt Vile’s 3 unique perks Way Gone, Pretty Pimpin and Bassackwards help him find areas of respite, and make advantages out of disadvantages.

Way Gone: 

You keep getting further and further away from home. While you are within 12/16/20 meters of a completed generator, your scratch marks and pools of blood are hidden.

“I’ve been around, but now I’m gone

Been gone, but now I’m way gone

Watch my moves”

Pretty Pimpin:

You don't recognize the man in the mirror, but damn does he look good. Whenever you start a chase with the killer, you see each other’s auras for 6/7/8 seconds. Whenever the killer sees your aura, you gain a 5% speed boost for the duration of the aura reading.

“Then Saturday came around, and I said

‘Who’s this stupid clown blocking the bathroom sink?’

But he was sporting all my clothes

I gotta say, pretty pimpin”

Bassackwards:

Everything is topsy turvy. Bassackwards starts the trial with 3 tokens. Whenever your movement, repair, healing, blessing, cleansing or sabotage speed would be reduced, that stat is instead increased by the amount it would have been reduced by for the duration or 10/11/12 seconds, whichever is shorter. When a generator is completed, you gain 1 token, up to a maximum of 3.

“He was out of his mind and I was way out of mine,

Then everything went backwards

With words coming out

Bassackwards”

Rick Astley:

Rick Astley's 3 Unique Perks, Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Down, and Never Gonna Desert You help to empower him and the obsession when working together.

Never Gonna Give You Up:

Your refusal to give up the person closest you made manifest. While within 8 meters of the obsession while they are in the dying state, press the active ability button to call upon the entity to root them the the ground, preventing them from being picked up by the killer for 16/18/20 seconds. This effect can only be applied to the obsession once per hook state.

Reduces chances of becoming the obsession.

Never Gonna Let You Down:

You refuse to disappoint the one closest to you. While performing a cooperative action with the obsession, failed skill checks do not result in a loss of progress, but still result in pausing progress. The time for progress to begin being made again is reduced by 30%/40%/50%

Never Gonna Desert You:

You refuse to leave the one closest to you behind. While the exit gates are powered, if the obsession is injured you gain a 5% boost to movement speed and your altruistic action speed for the obsession is increased by 20%/25%/30%

While the exit gates are open, if the obsession is injured, you gain a 7% boost to movement speed and your altruistic action speed for the obsession is increased by 40%/45%/50%. 

• philliprocker
    philliprocker Member Posts: 1
    Options

how about

Alice Cooper

Ozzy Osbourne

Marilyn Manson

Rob Zombie

Jonathan Davis from Korn

and

Corey Taylor from Slipknot

now those would be badass survivors to add to dbd

• Chordyceps
    Options

I don't think I'm familiar enough with them or their music to make perk sets based off of them, but if you want to give it a shot, I'm cool with this being a collaborative post where people can post perk sets for the musicians they listen to!