Perks You Hate Seeing Even Though They Aren't THAT Strong

Options

In my case, I really, really hate finding out someone was running Resilience after the game. Just makes me wonder if my distance judgement was off the entire time or if the server was lagging, but no. Turns out they had that tiny vault speed boost.

Comments

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

On killer...

Honestly, the perks I hate seeing tend to be the strongest. Sabo can sometimes be very frustrating to deal with if it's used smartly on a hook 24/7 and that's the literal only hook in a huge area (Badham is terrible for this).

On survivor...

Knockout.

Holy crap, this one is annoying in SWF and an absolute nightmare scenario in solo.

Insidious, because it's always someone who's going to hard camp on the first down.

NOED, because somehow I'm always just about to be in a chase when I pop the last gen, get downed and get camped, which is followed by a Three Stooges reenactment as the entire team dies trying to save me.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

As survivor. Rancor is just...ew. I'm usually the obsession but I'm not even kidding, i was constantly dealing with the perk 1 in every 3 games. I cannot stand that perk as a concept.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Rancor bc of the people who use it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options

On survivor I’d say fearmonger. I don’t think it’s that good, just annoying. That said, there are a lot more people running aura perks these days which gives it some more value. On killer I’d say Blastmine. It’s really not worth the perk slot for how little killer time you waste, it’s just annoying.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

As a Killer: Adrenaline. I feel like it is a free end game heal you didn't earn. People claim you earned it, but honestly you can get it being a worthless jerk while your team does all the generators.

As a Survivor: Merciless Storm, because my idiot teammates will screw it up every time.

• TasqueManager
    TasqueManager Member Posts: 4
    Options

i get why you hate merciless storm but tbh i find it more fun than it not being there

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

When I am the gen alone, I agree with you. When I am on a gen with another player, I know I am three seconds from going full Luigi Stare.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

Knock Out because most of the time it's in a slug build where the killer is just bleeding everyone out. Whenever I see it I know it's going to be a miserable match. I hate this perk more than any other killer perk, even Eruption.

Calm Spirit because I enjoy making survivors scream from shocking them as Doctor or catching them in traps as Trapper and Calm Spirit removing the scream ruins that.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

when I'm playing killer

It definitely lucky break. Half the time they just disappear right infront of me with no scratch marks to follow (I'm left looking dumbfounded)

As survivor

Noed by far. You kicking someone a$$ all match and bam noed activate....and u die

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

Lightborn and @#perk_franklinkdemise_name_alt are my most hated as survivor. It sucks so bad when I finally get a good flashlight/medkit and then I get to have it destroyed/rendered useless.

As killer, probably head on and deception. Idk it's just annoying to me, I feel disrespected as if I were a bad killer to fall for that.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

NOED, because I no longer expect it.

Insidious, because Bubba.

But that's about it on killer. Most times I'm annoyed it's because of attitude or scummy strats that usually have nothing to do with individual perks, OR it's strong perks so nothing to write about here.

On survivors...

I rarely pay attention to what my survivors were bringing, so I can't tell if I've been bummed by aura perks before.

I guess Lightweight, because my object permanence is nonexistant, so sometimes I'll need to track the survivor and Lightweight makes it harder. I've definitely lost survivors because of that before.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,788
    Options

I'm the idiot team mate, purely because if I'm on a gen with someone and MS hits, my mind starts racing like 'you're gonna stuff up, you're gonna ruin it, you're gonna piss your team mate off' and then I miss a check. When I'm on my own doing MS I'm fine.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393
    Options

If I know MSis on and there is somebody else on the Gen with me, I always just stop doing the Gen at around 85% and stand to protect them in case killer comes. I know I almost always mess it up, so letting them finish and me taking a protection hit or taking the killer away usually ends up saving us all time. Lol

• Mockingjay_S451
    Options

I hate Fearmonger. I run Empathy and Kindred and I hate this perk. I also hate Third Seal.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Plaything... if you have functional eyes it is easy enough to deal with but I find it just irritating even if it is not that hard to be rid of

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 608
    Options

Boil over. On some map it's not that bad but on others it's a nightmare.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 123
    Options

Merciless Storm is normally fine. But if Doctor uses it, good luck hitting that in madness 2 or 3!

Also Knockout when Sadoko uses it on that slug build people do after they've taken you to Red Forest, and then drop you in the corner of the map 😔

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    edited January 2023
    Options

Head on

I just hate getting stunned as the killer with no control over it and will proceed to facecamp anyone who uses it to start a chase instead of just staying in the locker undetected.

IDK why I hate it so much.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

On killer knockout is the one that makes my eyes roll the hardest. Technically, even in solo Q, it at least switches things up a little - but in the most annoying way possible. Franklin's is a close contender.

On survivor... probably boil over. Enough to have iron grasp as a staple even though I don't see it that much. Just. So. Darn. Annoying.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

I like seeing it, as annoying as it is, because 9/10 times it's someone who's about to throw the match to get use out of it. The rare case that it's someone who has that no-scratch-marks perk and uses it to get away is actually a pleasant surprise.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 793
    Options

Anything that causes Blindness (Fearmonger, Third Seal etc.)

Solo queue is hard enough without having the one mandatory solo queue perk disabled.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

Fearmonger because it messes with my Bond.

Franklins because I always bring a med kit.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,191
    Options

Franklin's Demise. If Bubba really is leaving that means it'll become a general perk too LOL

• RainehDaze
    Options

I think it says a lot that the reason people hate Franklin's is exactly why people bring it. xD

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    edited January 2023
    Options

lithe and overcome

i dont think theyre strong but god are they boring to play against, they just promote holding W

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

As survivor: Mindbreaker since I run a lot of SB + Vigil and it counters me.

As Killer: Flip-Flop funnily enough. I know the real core of the build is Boil Over but Boil Over doesn't bother me that much on it's own it's only when you think you've accounted for everything and then they get out anyway cuz they went full meme with Boil Over/Flip-Flop/Unbreakable.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Options

If I know MS is on and I am on a Gen with somebody, I always stop around 85% and move into position to take a hit for the person on the Gen or if the killer comes try to get them to follow me. I always mess MS up, so me trying to protect somebody ends up saving more time than me staying on the Gen.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Options

If I know MS is on and I am on a Gen with somebody, I always stop around 85% and move into position to take a hit for the person on the Gen or if the killer comes try to get them to follow me. I always mess MS up, so me trying to protect somebody ends up saving more time than me staying on the Gen.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Options

• Mockingjay_S451
    Options

• Mockingjay_S451
    Options

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,385
    Options

Adrenaline. It just kills any motivation to try, especially if there’s more than 1.

NOED, ‘cause it tends to come out of nowhere. Icy eyes may mean NOED, but that doesn’t mean only Icy Eyes use it.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

As survivor, Plaything. It's just annoying, especially on maps where totems are hard to find.

As killer, Boil Over. It can be extremely annoying, especially if you play with a controller. Also it can be hell to deal with on certain maps.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

I actually couldn't come up with one I hate for as killer until someone else mentioned it but calm spirit is just disturbing, it does not feel right to hit or hook a survivor with calm spirit it's just gross.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,319
    edited January 2023
    Options

When I play survivor I -hate- Franklin's. I usually bring a decent medkit and if the killer is running that I'm just miserable for the rest of the game.

As killer I haaate Boil Over. Even if they're just playing normally it's so annoying, the increased sway is just blergh.

Also Blast Mine, because I know they're laughing at me from behind a rock

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,319
    Options

I don't think you can include Adreneline in a list of perks that aren't that strong.

NOED is borderline.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,869
    Options

Shadowstep is my nemesis.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 947
    Options

I'd say Windows of Opportunity whenever i'm playing an M1 killer. 'Run to loop, loop once, pre drop, Vault window, run to next loop, repeat' Just guarantees wasting a lot of time for little effort with a huge aura range.

As survivor probably reduced sized frequent skillcheck perk builds, especially on Wesker.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

I debate whether or not I feel like saving. Especially if I know the killer has Eruption and the gen is free to kick

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,788
    Options

Yeah I usually back off if I know it's there. It's the times I don't know it's there and just casually finishing that first gen with someone. Then it's panic stations.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Knockout: Its an annoying experience, playing with friends helps, but still annoying

Lucky break: I already suck at following the scratch marks, that is just rude

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

Boil Over: I just hate losing a hook because you brought a perk and map RNG.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,043
    edited January 2023
    Options

Coulrophobia and Sloppy are the only ones i can think of

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Options

Blood Warden and Adrenaline

• RainehDaze
    Options

Going to have to echo that Adrenaline is a strong perk. It's endgame-only, but an instaheal and speed boost right when the other side absolutely needs a down to have any chance of securing kills? That's good.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170
    Options

Adrenaline has so many positives to it. It lets you finish the last gen without wasting time to heal. Helps you play like to run and tank a hit or escape a death at the end.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Options

NOED for survivor

Blast mine for killer