new mode idea

Options
jinx3d
jinx3d Member Posts: 519

DBD Lite

Killers have no power and are essentially just skins, all have the same speed, tr, etc

Survivors have less pallets around the map, and no items (minus ones found in chests)

Neither side has any perks, offerings, or addons

I feel like this would be a way more casual version of dbd, killers and survivors both need to worry about less, both sides stripped to the bare minimum, no need to worry about meta perks/add ons/killers on either side. im sure theres something im forgetting when it comes to balance, and im sure people will tell me.

Comments

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Sounds like 4E simulator.

"Everyone is trapper without the traps and has no choice but to run round rocks all day as three other survivors do gens" is not a fun mode.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

getting downs would be much faster without perks like dh screwing you out of what shouldve been a down, and with the reduced amount of pallets, survivors would need to think before using them or else risk a total loss due to lack of resources.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Not a fan of the idea...

The most fun part of playing killer is their power, regardless of the outcome.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

That means no blight, I’m solid!!

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,253
    Options

Really wouldnt, because the majority of downs you get is because of the killer youre playing and their power

Its like trying to play Trapper with no traps. A Survivors ability to loop will still stay the same in this mode, and you have nothing to assist you

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

The interactions between powers and perks and survivor perks is a large part of what makes the game fun tbh. If this were a game mode, I personally would not play it.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,078
    Options

The reason to play killer or rather to keep playing killer is the variety of killer characters and their powers.

Survivor compensates the missing of this by coop and being able to play with friends. And also playing against different killer character with different strategies and powers.

Your idea would become a snooze fest after a few matches when it truly is boiled down to a mix of "hide and seek"+"catch me if you can" sprinkled with the usual "ring around the rosy".

Repetitive to no end without any variety.