Am I the only one that finds controlling horizontal Killer powers awful?

Options
RainehDaze
RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

You know, those powers where you can't look up or down, only left or right to direct them. Virulent Bound, PH's thing, etc. Something about the way they move just feels awful and way too sensitive compared to normal motion.

Feels particularly bad on PH, for some reason, maybe it's the angle?

Post edited by RainehDaze on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

You using a controller? it’s definitely worse on there pyramid heads attack feels stiff 2 years later but that could just be a broken thumbstick for me

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

Call me crazy but I felt playing pyramid head on controller was way easier, for me he is borderline unplayable with mouse and keyboard.

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 608
    Options

Pyramid head is so clunky and awkward to use and I second the notion that he's easier on console. One of my most painful adepts for sure. I really think some killer powers could be made easier to use without breaking the game.

• RainehDaze
    Options

Nope, keyboard and mouse. I think the very clear denial of vertical mouse movement in what's normally a 3D game is what makes it so screwy.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Pyramid Head makes me extremely uncomfortable to aim the power with, if I'm not instantly using the power to deny a vault or pallet, it just feels horrible.

Virulent Bound does not feel as awkward to me, possibly because there is no turn rate limit?

Is there a balance reason as to why Pyramid Head plays the way he does? I understand the strength of being able to damage through walls, of course, but does it have to feel THAT clunky?

• RainehDaze
    Options

Specifically, what I think makes it really weird (on mouse) is that we're all so used to tracking things in a 3D game by looking at them. And when this happens, now you can't. PH is stuck with the turn rate limit, but Wesker and Knight (although fortunately you're not looking at players with Knight's power) there's still that normal desire to follow the target, so that means making vertical movements that don't do anything and horizontal movements that are kind of... weird and unstable as a result.

Although it does feel like there's also some sensitivity change in the process.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

PH is definitely a weirdo when it comes to his power. I typically try to zone survivors to loops with straight paths to pallets and windows. Makes it much easier.