Matchmaking Broken !!!!

Why is matchmaking so broken??? I have been playing 4 months, and one of the months I was traveling, so lets call it 3.... I am CONSTANTLY playing against people who have been playing for years... Why do I get matched up against people who are lvl 100? I would think that should NEVER happen... I get a LOT of lvl 30+... It makes it beyond frustrating when I am new to this game, and really love it.... but cant get matched up appropriately... I have talked to a few players I have gone up against and most have been playing 3 years plus.... Why cant I get matched up against people with my same skills.... I have gone weeks of not playing... within my 4 months that I have owned this game because when I play killer I cant get matched up right and learn how to play better and have fun.... I really hope the devs read these because I doubt im the only one out here feeling this way...

My devotion level is 2 with a level of 52 above it... so i have flipped the 100 mark twice and the people im playing against are devotion level 10 or A LOT higher.... FRUSTRAITING !!!!

Comments

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

As you're new, your MMR is quite volatile. A few wins will make the system think you're pretty good. However, a few losses will drop you fast.

Do you play killer or survivor, by the way?

• TheEternalOne
    TheEternalOne Member Posts: 5

Appreciate all the feedback. helps me understand a little...

I play survivor mostly, but have been trying killer to do daily quests...

its just beyond frustrating, but i guess thats what happens when you miss out on a game for 5 years hehehe I do really enjoy it, and from players I have met, they say the game is a million times better today than it was... so be glad i didnt play 5 years ago :)~

• Ciabe
    Ciabe Member Posts: 119

Each killer starts with a new mid range MMR unless you run one up real high then they all default high. So if you are lower mmr killer, your first game or two you will get rocked likely on a new killer. Just go in expecting that or sit in the basement until they exit.

As for survivor, the mmr system is practically non existent. It does not balance out after a few games. My escape rate is under 20% over the last 400 games and I'm still constantly matched against very good killer players with a complete scatter shot of survivor skill levels from the occcasional looping king to complete potatos that crouch walk the whole map while someone is in obvious chase. It doesn't matter if I soloq or SWF, I'm always way WAY outmatched by the killer it finds. Last game I did 4 gens (165 repair points!), 5 unhooks, 7 heals, escaped 3 chases, and we still lost. It feels like a 1vs1 game at times with the teammates I get.

• Zeb89AceGamer
    Zeb89AceGamer Member Posts: 41

Matchmaking sucks, nothing you can do

• TheEternalOne
    TheEternalOne Member Posts: 5

i wish this game had a bot level we could go into so I can at least practice on bots and learn how to play as killer... playing against people I cant learn much because I am so over matched I cant do much... I dont get why they cant base it off of devotion levels. then if some one who is really good and wants to be a duche and get a new acct... they have to buy everything and work their way back up playing against low level people... not sure why people like doing that, but im sure its some sort of ego thing that they dont get filled in the real world... but if they did it by devotion levels, then at least my new acct would be playing mostly against other new accts... thinking that may help some...

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 459

This exists. Go under Custom Match, and when you click the + sign to add a survivor, pick the bot option.