Where did linux support go?

grisu
grisu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

A month ago the game had full linux support through proton, today i bought the steam version to switch from the microsoft store version to linux and steam to finally uninstall windows. but it doesnt work anymore

why was linux support removed? is there a fix? is there an eta for proton support?

Please help, i just paid money for this game to play on linux and my steamdeck when it arrives and the game isnt playable on linux, neither can i transfer my windows store progress to play in windows via steam to wait till support...

Why are you actively regressing linux support?

Comments

• Darkpriest667
    Darkpriest667 Member Posts: 4

Good question. It apparently worked for several weeks in the November block and now it does not. I get error 500 anytime I'm joining a match. According to other ProtonDB users (and Steamdeck users) same error.

It's server side at this point. There are work arounds but they require that I REBUY the game on another platform and all the DLC I have already purchased again. It's ridiculous.

This isn't a linux problem at this point, it's a developer problem. It's ridiculous and very disappointing.

• thekillingvodka
    thekillingvodka Member Posts: 4

If you use the EGS version + wine/proton it works, so it's not a linux fault, but maybe a server side limitation.

Sadly we can just wait for an update from the devs.

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236

IIRC it's planned

But you have to distribute the right version of EAC to enable proton support, so that may be what the holdup is.

Although, EAC runs in user-mode when ran under Linux so it's possible they'll change their mind eventually.

• grisu
    grisu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

I really hope they fix the steam version since it literally made me reduce the time i spent on dbd about 88% since i sometimes play dbdm in school, thats the only version of dbd i play rn.

I would play on my xbox and switch but they dont even have cross progression for these plattforms. Overall its pretty disappointing