Calm Spirit Buff/Rework Suggestion

There was a bit of discussion about this perk on Reddit and as someone who uses it regularly, I wanted to share my two cents on a buff/rework suggestion.

I think Calm Spirit should have a token system similar to Distortion that recharges when you are outside the killer's terror radius (think calming yourself down in a calm environment). I think any time a scream is prevented by the perk, it uses a token. I think it should also prevent killer instinct from triggering on you (from Legion's power or Spirit's add-ons). This would also use a token.

I think the quiet chest opening and totem cleansing could be removed from the perk entirely as this doesn't make much sense thematically.

Not startling crows should stay, but not use tokens.

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    edited January 2023

Literally just remove the action speed penalty and it's fine. An perk doesn't need to negate an entire mediocre killers power.

• Codyislucky
    Codyislucky Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2023

The silent cleansing and opening is not only useless, but poor thematically. Might as well just remove the whole thing and leave it how it was. Which is what they deemed underpowered and deserving of a buff to begin with.

It also wouldn't negate his entire power, Legion would burn through your tokens pretty fast.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

You think having a calm spirit doesn't translate to messily destroying bones or hastily rummaging thru a chest? Really? It's very thematically appropriate. Goofy argument. Especially with your appeal to just leave it with less secondary effects if you can't get what you want. Petulant.

If it's anything like distortion it absolutely wouldn't. I only hit zero distortion tokens vs dedicated aura builds. Legion frenzy hitting would never hit that level. It would preclude the rare four man down entirely when calm spirit is in play. Wholly unnecessary.

• Codyislucky
    Codyislucky Member Posts: 8

The current silent effect does nothing since the bones breaking and the chests opening still make sound.

The speed at which you gain tokens, as well as maximum tokens is something you can easily balance. Say you start with 1 token and it takes 60 seconds out of the terror radius to gain one. Legion would easily still get killer instinct on you.

If you don't like the idea, that's fine. I'm one to hope that BHVR sees it and considers it.

• SmolBlob
    SmolBlob Member Posts: 399

Negating Killer Instinct literally defeats the entire point of Killer Instinct. No. The literal point of Killer Instinct is the power that employs it can see through everything.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Remove the negative component they added for starters.

Then maybe make it also silent all interactions with killer objects. IE pig boxes, plague pools, trapper traps with no noise notification, ect.