It's amazing the way time of day makes a difference to the atmosphere

Options

Normally, I'd be playing uh... late. Rather stupidly late, even (or early, kind of overlaps). Aaaaaaand on those rare occasions someone was in the lobby that wasn't crossplay, the odds of some sort of salty comment seemed absurdly high. And the bizarrely high ratio of TTV names to people not actually streaming.

Wrench my sleep schedule into some normalcy and then I can actually play in a reasonable evening time, and the end game chat is actually mostly jocular. Still ran into some weirdly salty group once (why oh why would you try to go for a save against Bubba after you've completed the gens, just accept the 2E and leave), but hey! Friendly people!

And, oddly enough, way less crossplay; you'd think the PC gamers would be the ones on at 4AM, but no, almost all consoles (or Epic I guess).

Neat benefit in actually being bonus BP for playing Killer when it's a weekend evening, since so many people are playing with friends.

Comments

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited January 2023
    Options

Like most games. I find at 2-5 am or during the day on weekdays unless it's school holidays players are mad sweaty because you have the no lifers who play 24/7. Evenings you'll see more casual players and weekends you get the weekend warriors on. I find with casual players salt levels tend to drop a bit.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

I hate playing during peaks times. When I play as killer it’s nothing but SWF seal teams and as survivor it’s nothing but ultra sweaty killers with thousands of hours and way above my skill level (I don’t think any mid to low MMR killers bother to play in the evenings). If I ever get the chance to play during the day, its far more enjoyable on both sides.