We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Equalise Injured Moan Volumes (Especially Claire's lol)

Right now, some survivors have very loud or very quiet passive moans. I bought Claire and play her so I feel affected by this since she's especially loud lol. Rather than just request Claire's volume gets lowered, I think it would be best to just set a standard volume for survivor moans so that it's no longer a handicap/buff depending on whose picked.

I suppose my specific request is to find all the survivor passive moan MP3s and change the amplitude so they're the same.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Instead of equalizing all sounds I actually think the guys should all be quieter than the girls since their character models have the disadvantage of being so much larger. Gives it a trade off. Easier to hide or quieter sounds. With all sounds equalized playing a male survivor is just universally a disadvantage and I wouldn’t say it’s minor.

• DrPatriot
    DrPatriot Member Posts: 18

Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I've never looked at model size, and I'm sure some of the boys aren't as big, and some of the girls are big. Maybe rather than by gender, scale the moan volumes to match survivor's model size? Seems like more work than just making them all the same volume, but it also seems reasonable.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,418

I am very certain that all model sizes are identical for survivor. they have to be. If they were not identical, then aiming killers like huntress and wesker would need to aim differently based off what survivor is selected. The hitbox would be inconsistent and incredibly confusing.

If you look at blight william birkin, that skin is huge in model but that skin has same model size as Normal blight even though appearance both of these skins is drastically different in size. I am fairly certain that all appearances model-wise are identical and cosmetic are exclusively meant to customize the looks.

I do not agree. Ace is by far most competitive survivor to play in the game because he has base-kit tier 1 Iron will and he is male survivor. The second best survivor to play is Ada wong for exact same reason as Ace. Sound tracking is important for killer because of their ability to track survivors in loops. that is also why people previously used Iron will because it allowed survivor to change loops(hold-w) without the killer realizing that the survivor left the loop.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited January 2023

You’re confusing hit box size with model size. I’m talking about model size of which all the things you’re mentioning do not apply.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510

NO!

Claire's moans are the best .... she is my main for that reason, haha

• DrPatriot
    DrPatriot Member Posts: 18

Just bumping this change, which I think is still viable for the devs to implement, simple for the playerbase and devs to understand the task, and is a simple leveling of the playing field for all survivors.

The only real challenge from the developers' perspective is choosing a certain level of volume for survivor injured screams. This will involve some amount of deliberation among them. But once a level has been selected, the change is easy to put in place.