Do you think that we need another meta shakeup like last year?

Options
FMG15
FMG15 Member Posts: 456

With the game feeling more and more stale due to the 2nd chance/gen kicking meta many people seem to be asking for a new shakeup to change the current gameflow. What do you think? Does this game need another meta shakeup?

Do you think that we need another meta shakeup like last year? 15 votes

Yes
73%
Blueberrydark_hunter92GuiltiiThat_One_Friendsizzlingmario4tyantlmumagjiaonuhaHalloulleWowieBombaclattsaneesWexton 11 votes
No
6%
austindangerpowers 1 vote
Maybe (write your opinion down below)
20%
GlamourousLeviathanHugTheHagK139K05 3 votes

Comments

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

Some perks should be adjusted ( not nerfed or buffed, just adjusted ) but instead of a meta shakeup i'd rather want to see a map shakup, a game mechanic shakeup, new objective, new chase mechanic, new hooks mechanics those are more important than DH or Eruption

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options
    Maybe (write your opinion down below)

Buff the lesser used perks so that there's a reason to take them instead of the current meta, reduce the strength of tunneling so that survivors can let go of second chances, buff going after different survivors so that killers are actually incentived to leave hook and spread hook stages (through maybe a basekit Grim Embrace kind of thing, or a buff to gen kick on a token system), and make killer-specific QoL and buffs to lower tier killers.

I don't think a shakeup needs to nerf what's currently used into the ground.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,097
    Options
    Yes

I think a meta shakeup - which to me is equivalent to a large-sscale rebalancing - is kinda inevitable. Either next midchapter - or the one after that.

We have Eruption un-addressed, we have an out of hand gen-slowdown/regression meta on the one side and an out of hand gen-rush meta on the other, we have a bazllion virtually useless perks.

We have the SoloQ icons now, which may or may not have a noticable impact on killrates which might make killer basekit changes necessary to avoid an only-the-strongest-builds-are-viable mindset becoming more wide spread.

I'm certainly all for it.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Yes

Yeah, I'm sick of seeing deadhard every single game I play. It's kind of annoying ngl. And I'm sick of being forced to use the same boring perks over and over again to get results with killer against better teams. At this point I'm pretty sure most of the community is sick of the current meta and wants it shaken up, I'm no different.

I just want to see something, cool, fun, and new. But considering we're talking about behaviour here, that probably isn't gonna happen.

Post edited by Wexton on