Why IS chase music so loud?

Options

It's a thing I've been wondering for a while. Killers are supposed to use their hearing to compensate for this atrocious FOV and the first person perspective, right? And to maybe hear Survivor breaths.

But I'm fairly sure if I turned the volume up so any of the things I'm meant to be listening to were distinct in the moment (aside from grunts of pain and footsteps from literally on top of someone), I'd cause myself hearing damage from the music volume (as well as random environmental SFX like those freakishly loud burning barrels).

Especially Wesker. Bombastic does not mean the music should have five f's in a row for dynamics.

Comments

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    edited January 2023
    Options

Its so that hearing for things in chase is a little more challenging. Also because the game would be bland without it.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

It would still be challenging if the chase music was a good ten decibels lower, rather than overpowering everything that isn't literally on top of your viewpoint.

Although, that might also be the extremely sharp dropoff with distance and bizarre occlusion exacerbating everything. Like how a generator can suddenly become whisper-quiet if you move so there's a wall in the way without actually putting any distance between you.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

First misconception is that killers were meant to hear.