We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Xbox Series X - Survivor camera bug when playing against Wesker

Options

Hi,

Since the Wesker release, I've had an issue where most of the time after being hit by Wesker's bound attack, I will lose control of my camera.

The camera will feel as though it is fighting against the user input to look in any direction other than straight ahead. This makes it really difficult to get away as your view is constantly swaying in multiple directions.

This doesn't always happen. I've had this across different controllers and have no issues whatsoever with these controllers other than when being hit by Wesker's bound.

I'm not aware of doing anything differently from when I get affected vs not. My camera sensitivity is 80%.

I've seen other mentions of this by other controller users (both xbox and playstation) but those have been kinda vague.

Here is a video of it happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj5FHk5QSJY

Notice my camera starts swaying.. almost like I'm drawing a figure of 8, even while Wesker is still in the motion of slamming me towards a wall.

Is this something you're aware of?

5 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,329
    Options

This is the bug I encountered! Funnily enough the last time it happened, it was on Midwich as well, could potentially have something to do with what's causing it?

• sirlemonhead
    sirlemonhead Member Posts: 25
    Options

I've had it happen on a lot of different maps unfortunately :(

Here it is on Glenvale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0hwxxWpq28

• sirlemonhead
    Options

Still happening as of the 7.1.2 patch

• sirlemonhead
    Options

This happens on PC to controller users too. See Swarm on this Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1875406309?t=1h34m51s

"Can I turn my camera please? they still haven't fixed that? get hit with Wesker's power you can't move your camera the way you want to for like 30 seconds"

It's SO frustrating that this has been a bug in the game since Wesker's release.

• Necrobot
    Necrobot Member Posts: 46
    Options

Thank you for posting this.

It happens on every map, on rocks, walls... It affects PS5 too (and maybe PS4) and maybe other platforms like switch if it's controller related. I experience it a lot recently, more than ever. Before it was just from time to time, now it's constant.

• sirlemonhead
    Options

This is still happening, since Wesker came out. PLEASE fix this.

• sirlemonhead
    Options

Hi, this is still happening.

Please fix.