We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Your opinion on Hex: Face the Darkness?

You make an example of one of your victims, forcing their allies to become awed by your power.

Once you injure a Survivor by any means, if there is still a Dull Totem remaining on the Map, Hex: Face the Darkness activates and lights it, cursing that Survivor:

• All other Survivors will scream every 35/30/25 seconds if they are outside of the Killer's Terror Radius, revealing their Auras for 2 seconds each time.

Hex: Face the Darkness deactives when the Cursed Survivor either enters the Dying State or becomes Healthy, extinguishing its Totem.

Hex: Face the Darkness is disabled for the remainder of the Trial if Survivors manage to cleanse its Hex Totem.

"I shall make an example of one. These mewling worms will never know peace." — Tarhos Kovács

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,892
    edited February 2023

good description of the perk. I think this perk is suppose to work like plague's black incense add-on. show periodic auras around the map. they first need remove the terror radius condition because 90% of the killer cannot use this at all in the chase and then they need increase aura duration by 1 second and increase frequency to every 10 seconds. Screaming component should be removed. it is not needed.

Hex status will make more sense then.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2023

Yeah that sounds good to me.

They have a habit of way undertuning hex perks. For a perk that can be removed permanently and generally in sub 3 minutes it has to essentially be overtuned enough in its effect that it can have a significant impact on the game in those 3 minutes. This applies to basically zero hex perks currently with DH being the only exception and even that's not meta and more of a funsie dice roll perk.

They should want hex perks to be strong enough to be in the meta as it makes the game more fun for survivors by giving them extra objectives.

• Devil_hit11

They should want hex perks to be strong enough to be in the meta as it makes the game more fun for survivors by giving them extra objectives.

old hex undying+hex:ruin was secondary objectives. Apparently survivor did not like that. I do not really rate devour hope on any killer really. I think only hex that is worth running currently in meta is hex:plaything.

The only reason why hex:plaything is good is because it forces lose/lose in the game by granting the killer generator defence via cleansing totems. If you do not cleanse totems, the survivor plays at drawback of not hearing terror radius resulting in your ability to gain to sneak up on survivors and potentially escalate injure pressure.

Devour hope is pretty pointless perk because in cases where you need the perk to activate to clutch the match, the perk gets cleansed(4 man swf) and in other cases, many matches where devour hope activates are matches you are likely to win without the perk because your opponent is ineffective at looping. that is just my experience with the perk. Basically it follows cookie cutter issue that all hexes perk face. Lots of risk for inconsistent reward. I think only killer that would use this perk is Spirit with MDR and that is because Spirit has strong base-kit that this perk activating is an instant win button for her, but if the perk fails, then the killer is still strong enough to play without the perk. In other words, its win-more perk for spirit with fail-safe. This was also the case for Nurse before Nurse's attacks became special attacks therefore disabling the instant down property of this perk.

• Blueberry

Yeah don't get me wrong I wouldn't run DH either.

I actually forgot about Plaything. That is actually a decent hex perk I would run and do sometimes.

• Devil_hit11

I run it sometimes because I get sick of kicking gens and just want to go for chases, so I run it as indirect passive slowdown to go for more aggressive play-style to chase survivors.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    edited February 2023

It's really really awful. Even when it does work the base aura duration is too short to do anything with. Insane that it's actually in the same class of perks as Devour Hope.

• Blueberry

Yeah i like the passive nature of it, downside is it's really slow to get going and you can lose the game before you even get its full value if the survivors are good.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I actually think it's decent it's just only useful on specific killers. You have to either be a stealth killer so they can scream regardless of how close you are or a slowdown killer like cenobite/pig so the scream can actually interrupt something important. I don't think I'd ever put it on a regular killer as they can't take advantage of it and it's kinda weak in that case.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,700

I don't see why would I want to use such perk with also many rules for it to work. It's interesting concept of the perk but I don't think it's really worth it playing. If you want to know where Survivors are, they are far better perks and more consistent.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,588

On it's own, it may be a bit lackluster. But together with Lethal, you can get a ton of information all the time. It's really nice! But I also prefer to run aura builds with lethal in general, so I may be a bit biased ^^.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It's kinda fun with Thrill of the hunt as it makes doing totems impossible outside of your terror radius but that's pretty much it i feel.

Fun meme perk. And that's not a bad thing, we need those too

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I think it's alright with Lethal on some killer's. Like Artist who can easily proc it with severed hands, or on a Dredge because it works on his nightfall mechanic. Though Floods of rage and BBQ are the safer aura perks to run.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

A survivor will scream 3 times per gen, 4 if you also have gen slowdown. Thats pretty eh.

I feel like the screaming is the shining star of the Hex solely due to the interruption and potential consequences a survivor could face due to screaming.

Huge problem is...the giant timer and the fact that it can deactivate before a scream can proc. Down a survivor too soon and it gets no use. Down a survivor right before another scream can occur and it can feel extremely lackluster.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Eh, it's very gimmicky. Not really worth bringing unless you're playing a meme build.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,608

Awful perk... Could be useful for killers without TR, but there are better perks out there to use

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518

meme perk that should work like Plaything to be of any use

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

i was actually gonna ask what's the point of this perk with so many aura reading perks in the game.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,429
    edited February 2023

You can get value out of it combined with LP on Artist. Otherwise, the duration is too short. It might be okay on Dredge, Sadako and maybe on Freddy since they can all teleport and it goes off at random times which can give a surprise factor.

Depending on how many aura reading perks you want in your build there are better options though. If I'm going to run two or three aura reading perks it's an option but otherwise there are more reliable and effective options. Even at two to three aura reading perks though the number of Killers that can effectively use that information is low

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

It's a meh perk at best. But the one cool thing about it is the whole reactivating deactivating thing. They could do with that for more hex perks.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,668

I like it on Pig. Sometimes use it on Wraith with Thrill of the Hunt because it makes it difficult to cleanse. I don't think it's worth it on most killers though.