Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wiggling

Keep everything that has been changed except taking away shortening the wiggle time by hitting great skill checks. Killers are able to easily counter this by using Agitation. So to balance it out bring back shortening the carry time. Instead of every great skill check, make it every two greats. With the amount of hooks on the maps and how fast the killers are already, this would even it out. Especially with the standard gameplay we've been seeing recently with increased rates.

Just a thought.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

It was a second! In a mechanic that shouldn't even have been implemented (imo).

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

Unless you're planning something specific for the killer, no one brings Agitation, just a wasted perk slot

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

tbh, that 1 second difference made it from a 50 meter carry distance to a 45 meter carry distance. Both cases, more than plenty to hook a surv and still a challenge.

Nowadays, the extra wiggle effect means a killer drops down faster, in quite a bit of cases meaning they are more than 5 additional meters away from a hook, thats not even mentioning Boil Over, which increases the chances further and reduces the time needed to wiggle out too.

Wiggling out is a challenge, sure, but with the existance of Scourge Hooks being high risk high reward, that 1 second was big enough to not make it. That 1 extra second actually required skill in the sense of hitting all skillchecks that were quite hard to hit. Now, its actually even easier to pull off. I can down myself near drop down city and make it extremely difficult for the killer to hook me without falling down, and if I am talking with a SWF, you can bet your ass that the nearby hooks are already being sabo'd the moment you pick me up. At least the old version allowed the killer to choose to go to a nearby hook, or even a hook thats close to a hole. Nowadays, if you get downed near a hole, you pretty much wiggle out.