Is there a bloodpact/object bug when qued up with a teammate

I posted this on Reddit and no one seemed to have an answer so here it is! So I play with my cousin in a duo and every now and then we try to run object and bloodpact so we can get value from those perks. We have way more fun trying to double loop and sand bag each other than just rushing gens all game. It makes for some interesting plays—most of them ending with both of us down and less people on gens but always a good laugh. However for some reason when I run object and she had bloodpact I am never the obsession now? A few months ago it was always guaranteed it seemed.

This has happened five games in a row, and repeatedly every other time we try it recently. The obsession instead goes to a random teammate who doesn’t have mettle of man or ds or any other perk that increases making you the obsession so I don’t understand? It’s an insane coincidence, I mean when she took off bloodpact the second it happened the next game boom I was the obsession??? 

Do the devs purposely make it harder to run these perks together or something? Even in this patch they said “ Object of Obsession now properly increases the chances of players becoming the Obsession at the start of a match. “ And when I’m alone I am always the obsession when I run it??? 

I thought maybe it’s bc bloodpact decreases that persons odds, so the other three people (including me) have a higher chance, but my chance should still be higher bc of object so it doesn’t make sense that game after game I don’t get it. When another teammate has bloodpact and I have object I am again, always the obsession. It’s only when I load in with her I don’t get it.

Anyone else have this issue with friends?