If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Quality of Life Change for Deliverance

Options
DexyIV
DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

I would really like to see a change to Deliverance where your aura is a different color to show you have Deliverance activated and ready to use. The appeal to the perk is to allow you to jump off the hook without requiring someone to run over and grab you off of the hook, effectively removing the pressure the killer applied by hooking you in the first place. If someone does not know you have it (and atm there is no way for your teammates to know unless you're in SWF), they can effectively remove the great strength this perk has. Otherwise, this perk can only really be used effectively in SWF, which I don't like. Just this simple change would make this perk so much better.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Well Deliverance is meant to be like a last resort sort of thing IMO, you are usually better off letting someone else save you since then you could heal. You should be using if you are NOT going to get saved. If people knew you had it they might just not save you, and while you could save yourself again if they can save and heal you that's the optimal play.

• DexyIV
    Options

I don't mind not being able to use it, it's just when people have no idea how to hook save and it ends up killing me on top of me having it up. Plus, as I mentioned, this perk has so much potential to remove pressure from hooks, and that is what the perk is to me. Not a last resort.

Solo survivor needs to be buffed anyway. This is one of the many ways they can do it. Lack of communication is fine, but people need to know when I have this perk activated so they don't screw me over going for a forced save.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:
    Well Deliverance is meant to be like a last resort sort of thing IMO, you are usually better off letting someone else save you since then you could heal. You should be using if you are NOT going to get saved. If people knew you had it they might just not save you, and while you could save yourself again if they can save and heal you that's the optimal play.

The major problem is that Deliverance is also a achievement/trophy. Your fellow survivors can screw you out of it by being overly altruistic. And even as a last resort it can fail if used when the killer is most likely close enough to catch you anyways. Besides, you can't use it on your second hook. You're pretty much forced to use it on your first hook. Sure letting others save you and then getting healed is a optimal play, but mah trophy.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

I doubt Hook Vultures would care if they know you have it up.

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130
    Options

I think this might be a pretty good change it would help buff solo survivors to SWF standards.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Shad03 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

The major problem is that Deliverance is also a achievement/trophy. Your fellow survivors can screw you out of it by being overly altruistic. And even as a last resort it can fail if used when the killer is most likely close enough to catch you anyways. Besides, you can't use it on your second hook. You're pretty much forced to use it on your first hook. Sure letting others save you and then getting healed is a optimal play, but mah trophy.

Mash the button the second you are hooked. Or play SWF. problem solved.

Not to mention, there is a reason they are called ACHIEVEMENTS. You're not supposed to get them super easy.

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Yea this too. There will be people that save you regardless. All the change would do is make the other people not save in situations where they should save, which is infinitely worse than situations where they save but shouldn't save.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Yeah I've found that letting people know sometimes make them get greedy for their WGLF tokens so they'll run in before you can kobe.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I think as a survivor that would be awesome, but in fairness of balance it would be preferable for survivors to not have that much knowledge and control in the situation, the fact being this game is a survival horror and needs to keep some level of pressure in one of the most dire points in the game

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

That'd be a pretty stellar QoL change.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

I'd like that change. They could give those Survivors a green Aura for example.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Perfectly reasonable QoL change. I support this.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited December 2018
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

60 seconds not being able to heal is a joke, just loop the time.
    If the killer really comes back to tunnel you down in order to get his kills, a 14 seconds heal at the hook isn't gonna help you at all.

• DexyIV
    Options

Yea this too. There will be people that save you regardless. All the change would do is make the other people not save in situations where they should save, which is infinitely worse than situations where they save but shouldn't save.

No, it wouldn't. There is no situation where it is required to get someone with Deliverance off the hook. The Broken effect is a great trade off for preventing the killer from intercepting an altruistic survivor. If they see the aura and still go anyway, at least they had their warning not to go for it. So...no, I don't believe that is true at all.

• DexyIV
    Options

@powerbats said:

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Yeah I've found that letting people know sometimes make them get greedy for their WGLF tokens so they'll run in before you can kobe.

Could come with a different requirement for wglf. But it still would discourage reckless unhooks.

• DexyIV
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:
    I think as a survivor that would be awesome, but in fairness of balance it would be preferable for survivors to not have that much knowledge and control in the situation, the fact being this game is a survival horror and needs to keep some level of pressure in one of the most dire points in the game

It wouldn't cause any imbalance. It would allow the perk to work how it was intended to work. Plus solo survivor needs a buff, and this would allow solo survivors to use the perk.