Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dead hard got a huge buff and i still don't know why

2»

Comments

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,605

As a reminder, we can maintain differing opinions while remaining respectful. Thank you for keeping this post on topic and constructive.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Give DH a 1.0 to 1.5 uptime compared to the 0.5s now, but it has just two tokens and when they are gone they are gone.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Wouldn't this just make it uncounterable at pallets so it's basically guaranteed to work each time assuming the survivor isn't out positioned? That's way too good. One well-timed Dead Hard now can single handedly win a game

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 459

If we're going to get technical, your use of ellipses is incorrect. An ellipse is used in quotes before and after if words have been removed. It can also signify hesitation or trailing off in dialogue or thought. So, your use of ellipses is incorrect, and the way you've applied the ellipses is also wrong. The ellipses should have a space before, between and after the period. So you'd type it like this . . .

Of course, the correct usage would be . . . or essentially everything stated in the above paragraph.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

The outcome and dmg is def bigger than the old DH, it's like Sprint Burst when you need it.

But for me it's just too ping and killer depended. Also i don't like excaution perks in general, survs don't really need it.

Just ask yourself what's more impressive/skillfull: A good surv with or without DH.

• scenicpickle
    scenicpickle Member Posts: 265

I see some people have come and said this DH change was a nerf, and few who said it was a buff all be it at higher MMR.

I believe it was a buff.

after combing through all the answers and responses, I have made a list to to place all benefits of both DH's.

Easier to Use Argument / Execution

OLD DEADHARD

+ No requirement i.e. Dash in a bottle

+ Extra Distance

+ Easier to dodge certain powers

- Trajectory can negate dodge attempts

~ Timing was important near windows and pallets

with a bigger invulnerability window and guaranteed distance most people felt the change was a nerf because their guaranteed save was removed ... not quite, despite what people think it was worst with the dash in a lot situations

dashing too early would still lead to a down, dashing to late would cause the survivor to dodge too far through the pallet or push them into a window causing a slow vault also leading to a down.

Going to a pallet or window from a weird angle could also cause a down because if your trajectory was off it was cause you to dash into walls and get stuck.

NEW DEAD HARD

+ Saves you from any position

+ No positioning or Trajectory required

+ Unpredictable

+ Spot Tanking ( will get into in benefits)

- Timing was Crucial

Without a dash the game becomes simple, the only thing you need to worry about now is the timing. Although the timing is significantly tighter leading to alot more of a guessing game with the guess being survivor favored unless it is a killer power which tends to be even easier to use DH into because the powers are more react able than a Basic attack for the most part.  Remember when survivors used to run into killer and DH it was pretty ineffective because you would dash away from your destination now with new Dh it is a viable tactic because the hit animation and speed boost you get will get you where you need to go.

My Verdict on Execution

Ultimately Old DH was easier in the sense that it was a safe option in guaranteeing you made it to a loop or to be immune to certain powers in the most literal sense it was a dodge however their were many factors that made it much worse to use, it was a clunky straight line dash meaning there were other concerns beside just timing like aiming it. As for New DH it is much simpler to use and unpredictable making it exponentially better with experienced survivors and DH users.

^^^ this part above is negligible because at the end of the day BENEFITS are all that matter at high MMR when it comes to execution it only matters to average-low MMR players because they like ease of use and accessibility but high level players like results and rewards this part highlight why New DH is exponentially better.

*note not going to go into each power specifically we will just assume it is a mixed bag and save that argument for another time because some benefited the change some didn't don't want to go through every killer. I will use very obvious examples for both old and new but not going to go into the minutia of each killers powers interaction with both DHs

Benefits

OLD DEADHARD

~ Baits empty swings / Dodge basic attacks -> minimal benefit beside buying self time to get away

+ Gain free distance / gap closer to loops

++ negate certain powers like trapper or doctor

+ ranged killers are very choreographed and easy to DH dodge attack

NEW DEADHARD

- Get Deep wounded after use / harder to use against legion, slinger, deep wound addons

+++ Tank swings / Block basic attacks

-> INSANE VALUE - Tanking slows killer down for you and team

-> Spot Tanking (Deadheading in enclose spaces to unhook or finish gen or waste time for team)

-> bodyblocking in chase or when carry a survivor

-> tanking killer powers (majority of powers suffer far more from deadhead than actual missing ie. hit animations/Shred/Oni's bamb bamb

++Speed boost extends chases exponentially

-> can run to new loops instead of staying at current loop and dropping pallet

-> use powers like knights and nemi's zombies to get huge FREE distance

++ ranged killers are very choreographed and easy to DH tank hit massive distance vs 110%

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 629

Well that's one huge wall of text...

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

DH near windows is the easiest thing to counter. Pallets is debatable but definitely not a window. You mentioned removing the endurance but what would be the point of the perk having no distance if you have no endurance using it? It feels like you guys are trying to actively kill perks simply because you can't counter them.

Also you main Nurse and have complaints over DH? It's like the responses are jus a skill issue comment cause how do you main the strongest killer and still complain about DH?

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 259

Could you please elaborate to how you think DH was buffed? The timing is harder now. And it doesnt give you distance.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Ah yes the classic whataboutism for Eruption that you guys love to engage in. Yada yada. And many killer powers are unusable with current DH? Most of those killers you mention are played a lot in higher "MMR" and I'm very sure it's DH galore there so clearly they can handle DH. Just admit it, it doesn't matter what side you guys play. You want perks to be nerfed to oblivion to be completely useless. It's the Tinkerer and Pop syndrome all over again

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

"SpRiNt BuRsT wOuLd Be MeTa WhEn DeAd HaRd Is NeRfEd"

Yet here we are, still dead hard in every match

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

6500 hours and “top in the world” and you couldn’t counter DH? Something doesn’t add up. DH is really not that hard to work around. 😂

• Ch0mp
    Ch0mp Member Posts: 20

If it's easy to work around, why is it so used by the top players? Surely they don't take a bad perk just for fun.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I never said it was a bad perk. It has the POTENTIAL to be good. But it is SOLELY reliant on the killer.

I personally turn DH’s into wasted perk slots.

I use DH 99% or the time when I play survivor. Some killers fall for the same DH mindgames every single time, while some killers never fall for them and I don’t get value.

Top players use it because they don’t go against the top killers who don’t fall for that #########. That’s the glory of the MMR system.