the new shrine...

Options

another situational shrine, is this a something like the director or something?

Comments

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    What do you mean with "situational“?
  • DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options
    The Shrine is completely RNG. Stop bitching.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited December 2018
    Options

@DocOctober said:

It's still suspicious how BBQ&Chili has never/rarily appeared on it if it is random.
    It's one of the mot desired perks, yet it won't show up.

!

• DocOctober
    Options

@DocOctober said:

It's still suspicious how BBQ&Chili has never/rarily appeared on it if it is random.
    It's one of the mot desired perks, yet it won't show up.

It's not suspicious at all, you people just prefer your flippin' conspiracy theory over understanding what RNG is and how it works.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    Spirit Fury is actually pretty decent idk what you are talking about
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Milo said:
    Spirit Fury is actually pretty decent idk what you are talking about

Especially coupled with Enduring!

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited December 2018
    Options

@DocOctober

It's not suspicious at all, you people just prefer your flippin' conspiracy theory over understanding what RNG is and how it works.

RNG = Random Number Generator. It generates a number based on an algorithm. There is nothing random about an algorithm...
    So that confirms my conspiracy?

In all seriousness, the Shrine of Secret is a problem as for every new killer there are more perks in circulation, which slowly decreases the intended rate at which you should acquire them.

We saw a similar effect with Bans in League of Legends. Where there were previously about 50-100 champions in circulations they allowed for 6 bans in total, but as more and more champions came about, they increased it to 10 as 6 became problematic.

Although that's an imperfect way of handling the situation too, the perfect way would be to look at the base pool of perks in relationship with the amount of perks shown in the shrine of secrets and keep this ratio as consistent as possible, meaning as more perks are introduced, more perks become available at 1 time in the Shrine.

Would help people like me a lot, who just missed their opportunity to get Pharmacy in week 40 (:

They could also use a pseudo randomness strategy, similar to how HeartStone leaves Legendary cards up to randomness, but ensures that you get a legendary every x amount if you were that unlucky with your RNG.

Sadly these type of things are not a priority.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Orion

Many other perks have never appeared.

Well, that'd be surveillance, and we all silently agree with that not appearing on the shrine.

Shows that the Random Number Generator has learned about Etiquette... very very suspicious...

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    Well, that'd be surveillance, and we all silently agree with that not appearing on the shrine.

Shows that the Random Number Generator has learned about Etiquette... very very suspicious...

So your hypothesis is that the devs are reading everyone's minds and simultaneously do what we want and don't want, or that the unfeeling, unthinking, quasi-random algorithm is doing it? Seriously, walk me through the thought process that led you to conclude that the Shrine is rigged.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    I just think they should make it so that the same perk can't appear on the shrine twice in the same month.

We've had enduring and terrortorial imperative about 50 times the past few months.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    Options

So your hypothesis is that the devs are reading everyone's minds and simultaneously do what we want and don't want, or that the unfeeling, unthinking, quasi-random algorithm is doing it? Seriously, walk me through the thought process that led you to conclude that the Shrine is rigged.

I don't believe they use anything other than their standard class Random Number Generator to pick a number in their Perk Array, but I do like to entertain the notion of it, that results from the infuriating wait-times that such a flawed mechanic produces, (as which problems are described in one of my comments above).

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@DocOctober said:

jesus you read the director part at all, director is like rng and not knowing it makes no sense at all

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Maybe BBQ will be in the shrine next week as a Christmas gift :smile:
  • alivebydeadight
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

sole survivor is if you survive long enough to have it work, calm spirit is if you even go against doc or clown, spirit fury is if enough pallets are thrown the entire match, and well, Coulrophobia is if survivors even heal inside the terror radius and risk nurses

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

bbq has too many counters that its not even worth it anymore, survivors will go into a locker or run distortion the entire time of bbq being in the shrine

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:

bbq has too many counters that its not even worth it anymore, survivors will go into a locker or run distortion the entire time of bbq being in the shrine

But the bps!!! That's one of the only reasons I run it, surely others like more bps as well?
  • DocOctober
    Options

@DocOctober

RNG = Random Number Generator. It generates a number based on an algorithm. There is nothing random about an algorithm...

In all seriousness, the Shrine of Secret is a problem as for every new killer there are more perks in circulation, which slowly decreases the intended rate at which you should acquire them.

We saw a similar effect with Bans in League of Legends. Where there were previously about 50-100 champions in circulations they allowed for 6 bans in total, but as more and more champions came about, they increased it to 10 as 6 became problematic.

Although that's an imperfect way of handling the situation too, the perfect way would be to look at the base pool of perks in relationship with the amount of perks shown in the shrine of secrets and keep this ratio as consistent as possible, meaning as more perks are introduced, more perks become available at 1 time in the Shrine.

Would help people like me a lot, who just missed their opportunity to get Pharmacy in week 40 (:

They could also use a pseudo randomness strategy, similar to how HeartStone leaves Legendary cards up to randomness, but ensures that you get a legendary every x amount if you were that unlucky with your RNG.

So you assume that the devs engineered the algorithm to exclude BBQ & Chilli. Do you listen to yourself when you talk?

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    alivebydeadight said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

But the bps!!! That's one of the only reasons I run it, surely others like more bps as well?

I just dont run it because bp and well, every leatherface I have went against tunneled me with knock out and bbq so I love life, and BPS I like but sometimes it just feels like a waste of space in the perk slots

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@DocOctober

So you assume that the devs engineered the algorithm to exclude BBQ & Chilli. Do you listen to yourself when you talk?

they could set it up to were the perks have different levels in the RNG, BBQ could have a lower percent of being chosen while perks like sole survivor and empathy are common, they are level 30 unlocks, they have a higher chance while bbq, being a level 35 unlock, has a lower chance of appearing, but this is just a theory, I dont know anything about how this is all preformed

• PhantomMask20763
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    alivebydeadight said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

I just dont run it because bp and well, every leatherface I have went against tunneled me with knock out and bbq so I love life, and BPS I like but sometimes it just feels like a waste of space in the perk slots

Well, to each their own I guess. I've still seen auras in my matches either way though, seems people aren't utilizing the lockers as much
  • Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605
    edited December 2018
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    Also, if you people are so desparate for BBQ & Chilli, how about you buy the Cannibal and level him? You would have been far better off already than waiting for it on the Shrine.

Aaand there's a double bps weekend coming up so make use of that!
    Just as a side note for the one's who still want bbq:

It's not a MUST HAVE perk, many killers can perform way better witout it if they've got map knowledge and skill. For me it's needed for some certain killers such as The Nurse. But only if I feel like climbing ranks!

And don't come flexing on me!
    I'll flex back. ;3

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Also, if you people are so desparate for BBQ & Chilli, how about you buy the Cannibal and level him? You would have been far better off already than waiting for it on the Shrine.
    I don't buy cannibal cuz he's a ######### and unfun killer. Unless they do some changes with him I'm not going to support that just for one perk.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited December 2018
    Options

@DocOctober

In all honesty, this would be easier to do than you think. To set your movie-esque tone aside, they wouldn't even need their own algorithm to accomplish this.

Every perk probably has an Index number and is stored in either a Killer perk/Survivor perk array. Every week it will generate 4 random numbers. If the (2nd/3rd/4th)number is the same as a previous number, it'll try again.

All the devs would have to do is make the index number at which BBQ&Chili is referred to part of those "try again" numbers by including it, which would make the code generate another random number if it were to end up being the number of BBQ&Chili.

I'm not saying that it works this way.

I'm saying it could work this way.

And I'm saying that if would work this way, they would have done so for BBQ&Chili (:

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155
    Options

@DocOctober said:

Bad day, huh?

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@DocOctober

In all honesty, this would be easier to do than you think. To set your movie-esque tone aside, they wouldn't even need their own algorithm to accomplish this.

Every perk probably has an Index number and is stored in either a Killer perk/Survivor perk array. Every week it will generate 4 random numbers. If the (2nd/3rd/4th)number is the same as a previous number, it'll try again.

All the devs would have to do is make the index number at which BBQ&Chili is referred to part of those "try again" numbers by including it, which would make the code generate another random number if it were to end up being the number of BBQ&Chili.

And I'm saying that if would work this way, they would have done so for BBQ&Chili (:

nice picture, thats me waiting for pop goes the weasel to be in the shrine again

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:

@DocOctober

nice picture, thats me waiting for pop goes the weasel to be in the shrine again

You should of got it the last time it was up. I did ;)

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@I_am_Negan said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@DocOctober

I wanted to get it but did not have the time, and I dont want to level up clown, he is so bad

• I_am_Negan
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@DocOctober

I wanted to get it but did not have the time, and I dont want to level up clown, he is so bad

Bummer, I don't have clown so I don't know. pop goes the weasel was the only perk I wanted from him any way

• alivebydeadight
    Options

@I_am_Negan said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@DocOctober

Bummer, I don't have clown so I don't know. pop goes the weasel was the only perk I wanted from him any way

he was hard when he first released then people just go around the cloud instead of run through it or use exhaust perks to ignore the effect pretty much, the killer is add-on based, but yet, speed helps him get kills, sounds familiar right, 115% killer to a 110% killer

• I_am_Negan
    edited December 2018
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@I_am_Negan said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@DocOctober

he was hard when he first released then people just go around the cloud instead of run through it or use exhaust perks to ignore the effect pretty much, the killer is add-on based, but yet, speed helps him get kills, sounds familiar right, 115% killer to a 110% killer

Yeah that's what I do keep an eye on him and avoid his bottle tosses. Familiar as who that group of hooligans

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited December 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    I just think they should make it so that the same perk can't appear on the shrine twice in the same month.

We've had enduring and terrortorial imperative about 50 times the past few months.

Iirc a perk is excluded from the rotation for 4 weeks after it appeared.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

sole survivor is if you survive long enough to have it work, calm spirit is if you even go against doc or clown, spirit fury is if enough pallets are thrown the entire match, and well, Coulrophobia is if survivors even heal inside the terror radius and risk nurses

Correction, Calm Spirit is if you even go against Doc. Clown isnt affected by it.