A Silly Meme Add-On Story

Options
HugTheHag
HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
edited February 2023 in General Discussions

I had a game on Dead Dawg last week against a Trapper. Now, Trapper makes me really nervous because I don't usually watch where I'm walking, and they're rare enough that I never expect them.

At one point during the game, I get caught in a really obvious trap on my way back to tap a gen. I struggle a little, but Trapper is fast and soon comes to pick me up from the trap.

I realize a couple of seconds later, as I was already resigned to be on a hook as there was one super close, that I am in fact not on the killer's shoulder but in front of the trap, only injured, with the killer looking at me funny from the other side of the trap. (For some reason, what should have been a grab turned into a hit that freed me from the trap)

I am incredibly confused, and at the moment, think that maybe the game glitched ? Maybe I got out of the trap at the exact moment he hit me, and I somehow had i frames ?

So, since surely that was not intended, and he should have been able to pick me up or down me, I crouch up to him to correct the situation. It was my fault anyway getting into this stupid obvious trap !

Killer resets the trap in front of me, then picks it up, and only then seeing that I'm obviously a bit confused and offering him the down, downing me.

The game goes on in a pretty silly spirit, Trapper seemingly purposefully walking under a pallet while carrying me, which allowed one of my (equally confused) teammates to get the save, and then chaining chill chases and spreading hooks.

Eventually, as my 3 teammates escape, I remember the 'trap incident' and feel awful for the time he wasted because of a faulty trap, so I make him follow me to a hook and give him a kill.

I only realized a few hours later that it had probably been Padded Jaws.

It's so obvious retrospectively, and I feel a bit silly now, but at the same time, it gave me a good laugh when I remembered that's a real add-on.

It was still a very fun game and that Trapper was super nice, so no regrets. =D

Do y'all have silly stories with unexpected add-ons ?

Comments