If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Reworking Distance Based Exhaustion Perks in Favor of Loop Interaction

Options

The purpose is to make Exhaustion Perks more on-demand, while reducing their raw value usefulness as extra distance that disproportionally impacts non-mobile Killers given the nature of Loop chaining, and making them designed around augmenting how Survivors interact with Loops instead of just being more Health states for the same gameplay.

Lithe:

After performing a Vault, the next Window Vault you perform within 1s will be a Fast Vault and causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40s.

Instead of a Speed Boost it acts more like a misdirection Perk, but which can't be used on high drop Vaults.

Sprint Burst:

Standing still for 2s activates this Perk. Pressing the Sprint Button while the Perk is Active applies a 150% Haste for 2s and causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40s.

Useful if you're trying to hide a small distance away from a Loop in an otherwise dead-zone, or taking advantage of a Killer taking too long to mind-game.

Dead Hard:

While not Exhausted, you can still perform Vaults through Entity Blocked Windows and Pallets, and causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40s.

Counter to Bamboozle and other Blockade Perks, and allows an addtional use of a Loop if blocked by The Entity.

Smash Hit:

Pressing the Active Ability Button while near a Pallet will cause you to slam the Pallet down, causing a swath of Scratch marks to appear for 8s, during which you see your own Scratch Marks. This causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40s.

A Perk based on misdirection and visual grandure.

Head On: Fine as is.

Balanced Landing:

No Longer an Exhaustion Perk, Does not apply a Sprint Boost.

This Perk doesn't have that many trigger points, and aside from the Sprint Boost it's a Perk that opens up new Loop pathways. May need to be watched for Infinites.

Overcome->Covert Ops:

Pressing the Active Ability Button suppresses all Grunts of Pain, Footsteps, Scratch Marks, and your Aura for 5s and causes Exhaustion.

More of a subterfuge and anti-information Exhaustion Perk that can be used to mind-game Killers in a tall tile, warranting Exhaustion given the number of effects it applies.

Adrenaline:

Still not sure about this one given it's a one-shot Perk at the end of the Trial.

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

On demand sprint burst is incredibly powerful for reasons that have been explained many many times before. Infinite balanced landing makes many loops infinite. On demand free aura hiding is busted.

Honestly I'd prefer just to have old dead hard than this plethora of busted stuff. At least then you only have to plan for one broken perk instead of like five.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    edited February 2023
    Options

Sprint Burst would require at minimum 2s of standing still. If the concern is that the activation criteria would allow the Perk to be active while repairing and effectively circumvent the 2s of "preparing", you can specify that the Survivor must also not be performing any Actions.

Edit: If the concern is the already frequent periods of stationary idleness in tall loops waiting to see which direction the Killer comes from and how not making SB being a commitment would allow it to be too frequently used in the most opportune of places, you could make it such that the player needs to hold down the Active Ability Button while stationary, releasing early or moving would cancel SB but still apply exhaustion.

If Balanced Landing needs to stay the same as it is now, so be it. Was trying to figure out what to do with it.

It's on-demand free Aura hiding under an Exhaustion cooldown. If used at a distance it becomes risk/reward depending on whether or not the Killer runs across you or is tracking Survivor activity via some other method (EG: Generator tracking Perks), and if you've accurately figure out what Aura reading Perks they have.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,079
    Options

While i like the idea of making more exhaustion perks more on demand. Its kinda of the reason of why i and many survivors like DH, because you have full control of it. Honestly i don't like many of those perks ideas, most of them feel like niche or meme build like dance with me and deception, just too niche and slapping the exhaustion effect on top of it is like the nail in the coffin for most of them.

The only ones i like is the DH idea (but just as other perk, not a rework to DH) and balanced landing because i really want that stagger reduction effect on something without needing to use an exhaustion perk, but its a scary perk since in the past it made infinites so the perk would need some restrictions. I don't like the sprint burst change, sounds really clunky to use.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    Options

I do like the on-demand nature of DH, but it's restricted and most effective in probably the (best utility-wise)/(worst balance-wise) place for it to be.

Lithe (currently) is technically on-demand with proper route planning, which is what I kinda wanted to try with Sprint Burst, but given that Lithe can be passed off as "the tiles nearby weren't great" vs. the 2s startup for my suggestion "the Perks waiting period...", yeah, would make it feel clunky.