If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Eruption finally nerfed , Thx Devs

Options

First, Eruption will now cause the generator to lose 10% of its current progress, not total. This means the effect will be less severe on generators with less progress, but more impactful on generators that are nearly completed. Second, Eruption will no longer apply the Incapacitated effect to Survivors who were repairing the generator when it exploded. Instead, Survivors who are actively working on the generator will scream and reveal their aura to the Killer for 10 seconds. Not only will this make the perk less frustrating for solo players, but it will also give the Killer crucial information on the other Survivors’ whereabouts so they can attempt to interrupt them.

Thoughts? i was already using distortion every now and then and this seems like a solid benefit to it

Comments

• FMG15
    FMG15 Member Posts: 456
    Options

They finally killed that insanely unhealthy perk. The game health won once again.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

It seems like a bit too much to me, but at least they addressed it.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

I would say they should give it like 5% more regression or smth but i'm glad i won't be useless because of incapacitated effect

• Entitled_survivor
    edited February 2023
    Options

Pretty much "of current progress" means X % mount of the bar you have repaired / filled while of total means from the whole bar,

example let's say it was 25 % ,

total progress would remove 1 quarter of the bar amount of progress which means if your gen was anywhere between 1 -25 % it would go back to zero

of current it would mean it would remove 1 quarter of any repair progress you have on the gen at that exact time

I really do suck at math though so take this with a grain of salt

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487
    edited February 2023
    Options

Basically: every 10% of gen progress, 1% will be taken off now

So if you have a gen with 70% progress, after eruption it will go to 63% (instead of 60%)

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,878
    Options

Still weird to think about there needs to be a separate thread explaining this math. I still can’t understand it.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I think it'll be more niche now which is fine, you don't play this on every killer anymore but I like it for Billy, Oni and Myers. It's a variation of infectious fright now with a little bit of regression.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

I'm glad they nerfed it, because it was one of the most frustrating things to play against, but they nerfed it way harder than it needed to be. All they had to do was get rid of the Incapacitated and then strengthen it a bit elsewhere. There's no reason to run it anymore - it takes way more time to use than Pain Res or Jolt for considerably worse returns. The aura reading is not especially helpful when you could generally tell where the survivors were anyway between the screams and the specific gens you'd kicked. It's a dead perk now, much worse than it was before they buffed it in the first place.

I don't know, I often get the sense that they don't understand what the problem is when it comes to these kinds of nerfs.

• Entitled_survivor
    edited February 2023
    Options

10 secs of aura reading is huge for some killers with high mobility or snipe potential like nurse / huntress/ blight / billy perhaps though i do agree it should get a slight buff like +5% regress or smth ,on the average m1 killer it has now become mediocre

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

I was thinking about just removing "incapacitated" part, but as a killer, cannot complain with aura buffs at all. Perk was unhealthy mostly because it made huge gap between Solo and SWF. Now I finally could start to use it without feeling like being sweaty scumbag.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited February 2023
    Options

"Thanks" god Erruption is nerfed to a useless point.

Thanks for buffing niche perk.

But what about Dead Hard, CoH, Resilence keeping vauilt speed bonus when you removed from spine chill.

Unbalanced maps, RNG etc.

What about it????

Post edited by CookieBaws on
  • Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

So it was just recently announced that Eruption will be receiving a nerf. I'm glad that they addressed the perk, but I have mixed feelings about the proposed changes.

The perk needed some sort of nerf, but the announced nerfs seem like a bit too much imo. Yeah it was annoying to go against, but (seemingly) nerfing it to the ground isn't the right way. 10% gen regression seems kinda weak and the survivors screaming revealing their locations is an interesting concept, though it seems it would benefit high mobility/ranged killers more than M1 killers (who used Eruption more frequently). And these changes might take it out of the meta too, which honestly is a good thing.

I don't know. Maybe we'll just have to wait and see how it does.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,059
    edited February 2023
    Options

You think those killers are seriously kicking each gen? That's the big part you're missing, kicking gens wastes a lot of time and pressure. It's almost always a bad move to do, the gen kick regressions are the only thing making it worth it and now that's gone. Eruption time back on down was what made it worth kicking before, it's not now.

• Entitled_survivor
    Options

No one is forcing you or any killer to use the perk anymore, but you know what ? i'm glad it won't carry mediocre players like old DS/UB/DH did for survivors

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,059
    edited February 2023
    Options

I never said I was, I just provided a counter argument to something you said that wasn't accurate.

I disagree it was carrying bad players. It required downs to get any value, ie bad players don't get downs and see no value. We can agree it needed changes, but to say it rewarded bad players is just objectively false.

• Laluzi
    Options

Thing is, it's 10 seconds of aura reading when you're downing a survivor, so you're usually not in a good position to act on it. Huntress can maybe turn around and cross-map if she's lucky about what map she's in, but if snowballing is your angle, I don't know why you wouldn't run Infectious Fright instead, which doesn't require the survivors to be on gens that you previously kicked. And if you want info on the side of kicking gens, Nowhere to Hide is much better and gives you information when you're ready to use it rather than incidentally.

It's not nearly enough payoff for having to go and kick the gen yourself. I was fine with Eruption giving more than Pain Res because of that, I just hated that it effectively kicked survivors out of the game for half a minute and you'd deal with that multiple times per match.

• Entitled_survivor
    Options

Yes it did carry mediocre players and made matches unreasonably grindy and lengthy because eventually survivor resources are gettin used the more a match goes on,,the 25 secs of being legit useless was disgusting,BUT i do agree they went overboard with it

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

be ready for a further increase of tunneling with pr dms

• Entitled_survivor
    Options

Yeah perhaps too many ifs ,i'm not trying to sugar coat it,,it's gonna be niche for sure

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,261
    Options

Where is the dead hard nerf? Survivors get multiple quality of life improvements, promises of accessibility changes, and now the perk they complained about the most is nerfed?

This is such a bad joke. Zero announcements if killers will ever get quality of life improvements. Zero announcements if killers will ever get accessibility changes. Zero announcements if the most complained about survivor perk will get a real nerf.

• Entitled_survivor
    Options
  • StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

It's now a dead perk.

Meaning that...we'll be seeing 50%+ Pain Resonance usage rates, so that's next.

Sigh.

I hope you're all very, very proud of yourselves.

Now imagine you're a killer player, and are seeing more and more straight up hard genrush squads.

Welcome to the new killer meta - which is going to be more stale than the pre 6.1.0 Ruin/PR meta.

Except that every single one of those perks is still a very solid, very viable pick.

Eruption is now about on par with the new Pop. It's...crap.

Is this really an improvement to game health? I think it's the exact opposite.

We'll now have a killer meta that is basically one build. Even pre 6.1.0 wasn't that bad.

Ugh.

It's going to be terrible. You'd be better off running Surge on those killers. Or, better yet, Pain Resonance. On everyone.

It's 10% of aura reading at a time where you really don't need it.

The only thing this will enable is...yup, yet again - heavy slugging on Nurse or Blight. Which they can already do with FOR or IF.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

hence why i said "increase". eruption at least made the killer leave to kick at least one at most 3 gens to get value out of it. now there is NO reason to kick gens, passive gen regression perks are better, and promote tunneling.

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Johnagon_Infinity Member Posts: 178
    Options

Cool, now nerf Dead Hard.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,097
    Options

Source?

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,079
    Options

Honestly, they could keep the 10%, i am just happy the incapacitated is gone.

Finally, really happy about that change.

• Xendritch
    Options

You're not understanding why it's still gonna be good on those killers. Being able to down someone on Oni or Billy and instantly know where more survivors are is very powerful. I don't know why you're comparing it to surge and pain res because the regression is not the point it's the information and the regression is a bonus. It's a completely different category of perk now.

• Forza
    Forza Member Posts: 109
    Options

so i think if you're running a gen kick build the 10 second aura is actually pretty decent and the gen regression itself could be as valuable as pain resonance. obviously it's a huge nerf but eruption wasn't just a "good perk" like pain resonance, it was an oppressive perk that combo'd extremely well with other very strong perks like call of brine, overcharge and no where to hide.

• Laluzi
    edited February 2023
    Options

Except it's extremely unreliable compared to Infectious Fright and requires more setup time on top of it. Seriously, how many times have you kicked a gen with Eruption and not gotten a response because no survivors were on the gen at the time you downed someone? It's not a factor you can control, and apart from endgame 3-gens, the silence is more common than when you actually hit them.

I could be wrong, but I am not seeing neo-Eruption as a decent snowball information perk. Floods of Rage and Infectious Fright are both miles better.

Also, the regression is important because it was a regression perk. Of course people are going to complain that it barely does the job it used to do.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

Excellent change to the perk. I say this as an experienced killer player: if they are playing well, killers do not need the amount of regression and game delay that Eruption was providing with CoB and Pain Res. It was outrageous and complete overkill. It was not healthy.

• StarLost
    Options

It's only going to be good if you want to go for a heavy slug.

Which is something that BHVR are actively looking to change - hence the whole 'baseline UB' thing.

Do you...really want to see more mass slugging?

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 819
    Options

Im a distortion, calm spirit and iron will build user anyways. So im winning anyways. But im sure not many killers will replace eruption with something else anyways

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

It's still a useful perk, it's just not going to completely carry players now. You still have synergy with CoB and PGTW. It's not out-of-this-world game delay, nor should be.

• Entitled_survivor
    Options

Probably pain ress / dms will rise up again but hey at least as a solo player you can counterplay that unlike eruption where the only counterplay was not touching gens when someone is in chase which is pretty counterproductive

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

This won't actually address the disparity between SWFs and solo players at all. Teams will still be able to consistently counter its effects, while solo players will not.

I'm fine with getting rid of incapacitated, but changing it from 10% total to 10% current is way too much on top of that. How the hell does anyone think that will make it "more impactful on generators that are nearly completed"? Now it will be 9.9% damage in the best case scenario (which will almost never be the case), while it will probably do closer to 2-5% on average.

Before, it would do 10%, plus an extra... what, 7-8% because of incapacitated?

Again, I'm fine with getting rid of incapacitated, but games were already getting harder as an M1 killer main what with survivors getting access to gen progress. We still need a way to keep gens down.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

Long overdue. Thank goodness. That perk was far too oppressive for solo players.

• Entitled_survivor
    Options

Hopefully they finally deal with perks like prove/hyperfocus and addons like bnps next

• Xendritch
    Options

Baseline. UB. is. not. a. thing. stop. using. it for. balancing. arguments.

That being said do I want mass slugging as a whole to be a thing? Not really but I think it's completely fine as a play style for certain killers that obviously were designed to be able to do it well. At this point I consider slugging to be part of Oni's identity as a killer as well as for a few others and that's okay.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,009
    Options

A gen is 90 charges. 10% means it knocked off 9 seconds of progress. At 10% current, that means you are barely knocking off 4.5 seconds on a gen that is half complete. They pretty much made this perk useless. They should have kept it at 10% total (and revert the pop nerf too like really?) and made it so they screamed, it blocked the gen for like 10 seconds, and gave them the aura for 10 seconds.

The math for this perk doesn't add up anymore, lets say the gen is really close to being done (eruption doesn't actually show you the progress it gets rid of) then survivor screams and you see their aura, but you just downed someone. So you can either not hook them, slug, and go to the other survivor, or hook them. But if you hook them, the perk basically gave you no value, because it is gonna take you at least 10 seconds (if not longer) to hook them, meaning all it did was erase the progress the survivor would have got while you were hooking them. Very very low value.

Gen kick meta is dead, next up is Pain res/Surge/Pop (for killers who have a high usage power that cant use surge) until that gets nerfed too.

• StarLost
    Options

It's absolutely not a useful perk outside of a very specific playstyle that *BHVR have already clearly indicated they will be removing*.

Hence the baseline UB thing that, while not confirmed, definitely means that some change is coming.

How on earth is this useful outside of a high mobility killer that's looking to hard slug? The regression is utter garbage and the aura reading is going to be useless for anything else.

• Zeb89AceGamer
    Zeb89AceGamer Member Posts: 41
    Options

finally, now time to do a break till these changes go live

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 910
    edited February 2023
    Options

I mean, I honestly don't really care about those. I see maybe one BNP like every other match, and it's not usually paired with Hyperfocus.

It's awful when you run into a four-man that all have BNPs and Hyperfocus, but that's happened to me maybe once.

BNPs will get you 25% of a gen over five seconds, or basically one full gen for free when combined with Stake Out/Hyperfocus (at the cost of half of a survivor's loadout), which isn't really an issue when compared to the bigger picture.

I'd much rather see them nerf DH properly. If a BNP gives survivors an extra 20 seconds of gen time once per game, DH can give them an extra 30+ seconds every time it's used, especially when you're playing an M1 killer and they're good at using it to force a lose-lose scenario.

I don't feel like BNPs have had much effect on my games even though I see them frequently, but I'll still get 2-4 survivors with DH every game, and I can think of several times off the top of my head I've lost because of that recently.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,079
    Options

I'm glad they removed incapacitation from the perk - that was unhealthy for the game and hopefully they won't add that effect to any other perks in the future.

I do think they went overboard with the nerf hammer, could've just replaced incapacitation with entity blockers and that would've been enough.