Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - Survivors can get outside the map after gates are opened when using both controller and MKB

H2H
H2H Member Posts: 717
edited February 2023 in Bug Reporting

I've been able to replicate this with nearly 100% reliability. Once the gates are opened, if you run forward out the gate with the controller (holding left shoulder + up on the left stick) while nodding your head with the mouse, it seems the "escape" trigger zone in the exit doesn't trigger, and you wind up outside the "normal" areas of the map. You can run back into the map through the trigger zone using the same technique.

If you hit the trigger zone while just using controller or MKB but not both, the zone seems to trigger. I'm guessing something about getting constant input from both the mouse and the controller is messing with some logic (the nodding is just the way I put continuous input with the mouse, I bet it would work with spinning it around or something like that as well).

As I said, I was able to replicate this nearly 100% of the time, and it's possible the times I failed was because I let go of the mouse too early and was still inside the trigger zone.

Step 1: Play as survivor

Step 2: Open the exit gates

Step 3: Run toward the exit using the analog stick on the controller while vigorously nodding your head up and down with the mouse

Step 4: Notice that the "escaped" trigger zone doesn't trigger and you're outside the map.

Characters played: Dwight, Claudette, Bill

Perks: Adrenaline, Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Lucky Break

Map: All

Frequency: ~100% replicable

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 717

Also, I couldn't replicate this with killer, the entity blocker comes up and blocks me as normal.